Oshae Brissett: Celtics | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett: Celtics

I don't think Grant is a #1 on a top end team, but I could definitely see him being a #2. Even though he gets more opportunities to put up big numbers by being on a terrible team, it's still impressive what he was able to do these past couple of years.
You might be right. He was good with Denver in their run the one year - which helped him get the contract he just got. Going to be interesting to see his market after next season. Should be pretty good but wonder what he'll be looking for i.e. being a part of a winning team or just getting a huge contract.

Here's a synopsis of all of their careers thus far.

Donte Greene - 4.5 years in NBA, $5.1M + overseas earnings
Jonny Flynn - 3 years in NBA, $9.5M + overseas earnings
Dion Waiters - 8+ years in NBA, $57.5M
Michael Carter Williams - 8 years in NBA, $22.5M
Fab Melo - 2 years in NBA, $2.5M + overseas earnings
Tyler Lydon - 2 years in NBA, $3.5M + overseas earnings
Malachi Richardson - 3 years in NBA, $4.5M + overseas earnings
Tyler Ennis - 4 years in NBA, $6.5M + overseas earnings
Jerami Grant - 7 years in NBA, $60.9M (plus $20.9M guaranteed for '22-23) = $81.8M
Oshae Brissett - 2 years in NBA, $1.3M (plus $1.8M team option for '22-23) = $3.1M

These 10 guys have made (or are in line to make) a collective $196.5 million overt he last 18 years. That's a lot of money.

I will differ in that I don't think Grant & Brissett are "stars" in the league. Grant's a nice player but never made an all-star team and is putting up numbers on a terrible team. He's a quality player that would be a 3rd-4th option on a playoff/championship contender. Much like he was at SU.

Brissett's in line for a pay day next year if he stays healthy - I'd guess a mid-level exception (around $6-10M) would be the right size bump. If you were to tell me he would be the one from the Brissett-Battle duo that would make it in the league, I wouldn't have been shocked but I would have been surprised. I know Battle had limitations but I thought he had a more than decent shot at a similar level NBA career.

That’s a lot of money. Even the guys that have made the “least” have made a lot of money. If they put it to work rather than try to live the life of a multi-millionaire they would be set or at least be miles ahead of most college grads without ever getting to what, if anything, they’ll do when they are no longer paid to play. Nice problems to have.

Good news, my understanding is it's not guaranteed for now, but becomes fully guaranteed in January next year?

Some details.

I think this article is well done but underselling him a bit. Of the Pacers roster last year he played the most games by a good margin. All the different lineup combos is enough to make life difficult on anyone so some of what the scouting report noted has to do with their extreme lack of synergy in who they put on the floor every night.

Put a team out there for most of a season and let's see what he can do. He definitely looks in prime position to land a very nice second contract

• The Pacers decided to pick up Oshae Brissett‘s team option in June rather than declining it to negotiate a longer-term contract with the young swingman as a restricted free agent. However, Brissett tells Boyd that he wasn’t bothered by that decision and still hopes to re-sign with the team in unrestricted free agency next summer. “They believed in me when no one else did, so whatever they had on the table I was really ready (to accept) and come back and give it my all for this year,” he said. “I want to be here long term, so I know next year, whatever happens, Indiana’s always gonna be my No. 1 option to be back. The fans and the team have welcomed me with open arms and I’ll never forget that.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom