Oshae...early prediction | Syracusefan.com

Oshae...early prediction

DirtDog44

Walk On
Very early, but thought I'd throw it out there. At the end of the year is...

Oshae = Gone
or
Oshae = Stay and dominate with Bazley next year.

My VERY early guess is that HE GONE.

Again, we haven't hit the ACC schedule yet so it's hard to know how he plays against much better competition but this kid has ALL of the tools to succeed at the next level.

Because it's us, he's gone.

Normally, a kid of his ability/size/strength etc would be borderline, I'd guess. His inability to finish inside with his shaky outside shot isn't exactly a positive for NBA teams. His upside is pretty good though, better than Lydon for example.

I think if he returned he could be a lottery pick. If he continues as he has, he could be a late 1st. Having the raw, unpolished game will hurt his overall ability to climb, IMO.

Just to throw some cold water out there, the guy does have a 48.8% true shooting

Very early, but thought I'd throw it out there. At the end of the year is...

Oshae = Gone
or
Oshae = Stay and dominate with Bazley next year.

My VERY early guess is that HE GONE.

Again, we haven't hit the ACC schedule yet so it's hard to know how he plays against much better competition but this kid has ALL of the tools to succeed at the next level.

He's gone.

He’s an animal. I will enjoy every game we have him.

Him and tyus arent getting much draft buzz at all though.
There is an uphill battle to fight there.

As much as I think Bazley/Brisset could be one of the best forward combos SU has had, I'm leaning towards him leaving. He's gonna avg what 16 and 10? Has nice shooting form. Smart player, toughness as well.

No complaints if he does.

Thinking back to what Francis said about Bazley's recruitment this summer, I think the staff expects [or expected, rather] Brissett to be one and done.

As much as I think Bazley/Brisset could be one of the best forward combos SU has had, I'm leaning towards him leaving. He's gonna avg what 16 and 10? Has nice shooting form. Smart player, toughness as well.

No complaints if he does.

As long as Marek stays, we’ll still be strong at forward.

Yeah, his EFG is only 40%, which is pretty terrible, but he's taken (and made) a lot of FT, which makes his efficiency not totally terrible. His stroke at the line is pretty good, so I bet he improves his 3pt%.

Agreed. He seems to be rounding into form, as opposed to having his performance trend downward. Wouldn't be surprised to see his EFG and true shooting % improve by EOY.

Was talking to my dad about this yesterday. He thinks he's staying next year. I said you should enjoy him this year and not expect him to be here next year. If he keeps putting up 20 and 10 type stat lines he 100% gone.

College FT% is a decent (not great) predictor of 3-pt shooting at the next level. I think Brissett's FG% goes up, but having a low FG% in college is nothing that'll kill him. There can be a lot to a poor FG% that's attributed to the rest of the offense).

Brissett's athleticism is what's going to get him a chance to play at the next level. Not sure is it is this year or next, but usually when SU looks like it's going to have a bit of a logjam at a position, that gets cleared up after the season is over.

TBH, this is not a situation like Ennis, Mali, etc. I hope O'Shae stays, but if he goes we have Bazley coming in and assuming Marek is still here, we will be fine at the 3 and 4. Obviously OB with Bazley would be an elite combination.

We are well equipped to withstand the loss of OB, but man I hope he stays - next year could be special.

Bazley and Brissett would be right up there with Coleman/Owens, Anthony/Warrick, and Wallace/Burgan as a top 4 F duo over the last 30 years of Cuse hoops. From a purely selfish standpoint, I hope to see it happen.

But... I could definitely see a scenario where Brisset isn't here next year.

In the spirit of the "Donte Leave" shirts, how about-
"Oh Stay Brisset"?
525641-greyson-chance-oh-stay.jpg

Him and tyus arent getting much draft buzz at all though.
Not yet. This is filed under "take it for what it's worth" but right now, Cuse has no one listed in the 2018 draft and for 2019, Tyus is 37th, Frank 47th and Oshae is 48th. I have a pretty good feeling that at least two of them will move up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom