Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft

haha - very true
And that is probably what will happen, unless TB/OB sneak into the tail end.
Well, o 1/3 of those guys would have been drafted out of HS, so not all that different.

Well, o 1/3 of those guys would have been drafted out of HS, so not all that different.

What's the date that he has to withdraw his name by in order to come back?

Rebounding is toughness, attitude and effort. Very few guys do the work Brissett did, especially out of a zone. His absence will be felt there unless Guerrier hits the ground running in that department. And even then, it would be great to have Guerrier at the 3 and Brissett at the 4 since we could have troubles rebounding at the 5 if Sidibe is injured and Marek is playing there full-time at 190 lbs or whatever.

If OB is gone, how we rebound the ball quickly goes to the top of the list with what our offense looks like (can we increase player and ball movement) as the two biggest question marks this team has.
Many will scoff but getting Oshae back is critical to this team next year. Guerrier and Hughes are both swing men and not prone to putting up rebounding numbers the way Oshae can.

True. I don’t remember Sidibe ever starting here though. Could he have been referring to Hughes, Marek, and Brissett?
this box score shows him starting the cornell game but i don't recall it, and that is a very weird starting lineup

Many will scoff but getting Oshae back is critical to this team next year. Guerrier and Hughes are both swing men and not prone to putting up rebounding numbers the way Oshae can.

No, Guerrier is a forward. He's not a guard wannabe or a swingman. He already outweighs most of our frontcourt as a high school senior.

Oshae being back with give us predictable rebounding, but he really has to improve every other aspect of his game in order to not lose time to Guerrier.

this box score shows him starting the cornell game but i don't recall it, and that is a very weird starting lineup

Yeah, that's swapping Frank and Sidibe in the real starting lineup. What a game for Frank...

eli is a junior in eligibility
I think you’re correct about Eli being a junior in 2019-20, in terms of eligibility. I was basing my post on the 2018-19 roster on cuse.com, which lists only Brissett, Dolezaj, Sidibe and Washington as sophomores, and lists Hughes as a junior.

There is some dude on the Book of Faces saying that OB had a kid on the way and stopped going to classes long ago. He’s gone.

Take it for what it’s worth.
I can tell you almost for certain there is a kid in the situation and from different sources that he did not take his finals or finish his classes

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh

That's OK, the team may be better for it next year. Not to say he's a bad kid, but I'm concerned that he has hit his ceiling in our system. As Frank's senior year turned out, was it better that he played so much, or would we have been better off with the ball in the hands of Tyus and Jalen Carey?

We might have done better without Frank, no disrespect intended, because he was coming back from an injury, and was never as good as he was the year before. Tyus was arguably better in 2019, regardless of his stats, because he showed he could play some point, but OB and Frank were both worse than the year before.

That's OK, the team may be better for it next year. Not to say he's a bad kid, but I'm concerned that he has hit his ceiling in our system. As Frank's senior year turned out, was it better that he played so much, or would we have been better off with the ball in the hands of Tyus and Jalen Carey?

We might have done better without Frank, no disrespect intended, because he was coming back from an injury, and was never as good as he was the year before. Tyus was arguably better in 2019, regardless of his stats, because he showed he could play some point, but OB and Frank were both worse than the year before.
I was trying to remain optimistic and was hoping he would come back improved. However, I was not looking forward to OB auditioning for the NBA next year. His "skills" may be known, but his weaknesses are also known. If he is gone, I think there are some hungry, talented youngins fighting for some playing time.

Well there you go. The bad news is OB will have to move overseas. The good news is his child will learn a foreign language.

It would be addition and subtraction by subtraction. OB has been a plus player for the team for two years. That said, I won’t miss the drive, spin and turnover situation that became so routine if he does leave.

It would be addition and subtraction by subtraction. OB has been a plus player for the team for two years. That said, I won’t miss the drive, spin and turnover situation that became so routine if he does leave.

He’s a pretty good player with a lot of experience, so I don’t agree with “addition by subtraction”.

At the same time, with Hughes, Marek, Guerrier, and Braswell - I’m not all that worried about it either. C/PG will determine next years fate IMO. Forward position should be solid, either way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom