OT - Addazio Extended | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Addazio Extended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meathead coaching works when you have dominant talent on the line or at RB. It has to be dominant; if it’s just good, you won’t have enough to play with everyone. Their margin for error is small. “Play good D, keep it close, go on long drives, run it down their throats” sounds good until you get into a shootout.

We got beat by two teams with a sizable talent disparity on the line (and even then our style kept us in the game with Clemson longer than it should have). The Pitt game was a bizarre outlier - that wasn’t replicated, thanks to good adjustments by the coaches.

The Pitt gane wasn’t a bizarre outlier. It was a case of old-school football, otherwise known as “meathead” football, beating what we do.

For us, RPO meant Run Pass Option. For Pitt, it meant Run People Over, and it was brutally effective.

Ish and CousCuse are more excited about the Addazio extension than they are Dino’s lol.
Not true. Dino is a fine person and a great leader for the young men on the Syracuse football team. The only northeastern school I don't follow or hope they do good is PSU. I like to see Syracuse win againxt the rest, but I don't hate them.

Not true. Dino is a fine person and a great leader for the young men on the Syracuse football team. The only northeastern school I don't follow or hope they do good is PSU. I like to see Syracuse win againxt the rest, but I don't hate them.

Ped State is definitely not known for doing good.

Doing well, perhaps, but few can argue that they’ve done good.

The Pitt gane wasn’t a bizarre outlier. It was a case of old-school football, otherwise known as “meathead” football, beating what we do.

For us, RPO meant Run Pass Option. For Pitt, it meant Run People Over, and it was brutally effective.

We lost 3 games. Only one of which featured a team with comparable talent. We faced other teams that could have done what they did - and didn’t.

It’s not like they blew us out. It took defensive scores, weird weather to take us to overtime.

My head hurts listening to these two sometimes...it's kind of like tinitus or an annoying hum you hear but can't figure out where it is coming from.

So you walk around your house asking others "Do you hear that?"

Only to hear everyone answer you "No"

Please make it stop.

giphy.gif
;)
Lol, good point, jusr trying to keep it real. We havent traveled well for fb for years and that's ok. Its no indictment. its tough to get a sig amount of fans for a reg season game but, we can't be making stuff up here. ;)

My head hurts listening to these two sometimes...it's kind of like tinitus or an annoying hum you hear but can't figure out where it is coming from.

Please make it stop.

My point is, not sure why we are gonna hammer in Addazio. we are doing it in light of our awesome year. The guy can recruit and coach is my only point.

We lost 3 games. Only one of which featured a team with comparable talent. We faced other teams that could have done what they did - and didn’t.

It’s not like they blew us out. It took defensive scores THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BLOWN DEAD, weird weather, and THE 2 LONGEST FG'S IN HEINZ FIELD HISTORY, COLLEGE OR PRO, from an otherwise mediocre kicker - to take us to overtime.

FIFY.

SMFH - still pissed about that game.

Please make it stop.
I don't stop because there are a lot of people who have similar ideas to me but can't take the bullying that goes on here if you go against the group think, and because of that are silent.

It’s not like they blew us out. It took defensive scores, weird weather to take us to overtime.

I’m not going to down this team’s accomplishments by breaking down other games that could have had a different W/L.

But what I will say is that having a slavish belief in one system’s superiority may be misguided and could cause future disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom