OT - Attendance | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Attendance

Direct hit, I guess from the reaction.

Ha! Yeah, like most of the world I enjoy my pocket computer. It's pretty great. I don't feel bad about it, honestly.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, just be ready to be lumped in with people who thought the automobile was evil ;).

Ha! Yeah, like most of the world I enjoy my pocket computer. It's pretty great. I don't feel bad about it, honestly.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, just be ready to be lumped in with people who thought the automobile was evil ;).

I have one too. And an I-Pad and a desktop pc.

But I don't take them with me on long walks as there is too much to see and too and I enjoy the solitude as a time to think.

I don't fish it out of my pocket at every break in the action. In other words, I'm not addicted. I don't need constant stimulation, especially considering the brilliance of my own thoughts and observations.

I get concerned about my grand kids who cannot go ten seconds without some sort of communications experience. There's a downside to it, we just can't see what it is right now because we are having too much fun.

By the way, I was with Xerox when we developed the mouse and icons (Graphical interface) and page description languages and everything else that underlies all this technology. We just never understood how cheap it would eventually get and how wide-spread it would be. We just knew that copiers would eventually go away and be replaced with some sort of digital technology.

By the way, the automobile IS evil.

Because I am retired, i spend months out of the year in places where I don't need or want a car. Nor do I have a TV or even access to one and I wouldn't understand what is being said anyway. It's liberating and fun. (I watch SU games via ESPNWatch on an Ipad)

What I now understand is that there is an inverse relationship between driving and quality of life. The more you are in a car, the lower the quality of your life. And vice-versa if you are somewhere you can walk to places.

Because I am retired, i spend months out of the year in places where I don't need or want a car. Nor do I have a TV or even access to one and I wouldn't understand what is being said anyway. It's liberating and fun. (I watch SU games via ESPNWatch on an Ipad)

What I now understand is that there is an inverse relationship between driving and quality of life. The more you are in a car, the lower the quality of your life. And vice-versa if you are somewhere you can walk to places.

True. I was a lttle harsh. Lots to be said for life with and without all this "stuff"... "moderation in everything " as my Grandma used to say

They need to stage a student tailgate area ,
Dj,games , give sways free game tickets

Wow, I could not agree more with your take on the automobile. Living here in the suburbs of Atlanta, I deal with horrible traffic almost every day. It has such a negative effect on me. I see two things bring out the worst in people - heavy traffic and social media.
I yearn for a simpler life away from all of this. I got a good 15-20 years until retirement though, got to stay where the jobs are.

Wow, I could not agree more with your take on the automobile. Living here in the suburbs of Atlanta, I deal with horrible traffic almost every day. It has such a negative effect on me. I see two things bring out the worst in people - heavy traffic and social media.
I yearn for a simpler life away from all of this. I got a good 15-20 years until retirement though, got to stay where the jobs are.
I lived in suburban Atlanta for 6 yrs and my wife would agree that that traffic absolute brought out the worst in me.

Yesterday was my first football game at the dome. I thought the game time went long because too many punts, change of possession stops the clock, way too many incompletions, again the clock stops, too many penalties, generally means poor play. Even with that, I really had a good time. Believe it or not the thing that bothered me the most was the acoustics. When the band didn't face us we could hardly hear the horns. The three former players that were introduced Dave Bing, Floyd Little, and I don't know, I couldn't understand the name. I was guessing Billy Owens, does anyone know? I can't wait to go back.

I wrote this in the campus framework thread: IMHO, the dome gameday experience is not where it should be to keep fans, let alone attract new ones. Yes, it absolutely helps if the team is good, but you also need a good gameday experience. I'm more aware then ever of the downright terrible acoustics (cannot hear what is on the videos they are trying to play) along with awful concessions, out of town scoreboard that continuously repeats information that is 3+ hours old, etc. Just bad. All it takes is for a family to experience that mess once, and they won't come back.

Yesterday was my first football game at the dome. I thought the game time went long because too many punts, change of possession stops the clock, way too many incompletions, again the clock stops, too many penalties, generally means poor play. Even with that, I really had a good time. Believe it or not the thing that bothered me the most was the acoustics. When the band didn't face us we could hardly hear the horns. The three former players that were introduced Dave Bing, Floyd Little, and I don't know, I couldn't understand the name. I was guessing Billy Owens, does anyone know? I can't wait to go back.
Yes, that was Billy Owens and yes, the acoustics are really bad.