OT: best burger in Syracuse area... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: best burger in Syracuse area...

Plus coming to the menu soon is our play on a french dip. We call it the Tipperary Dip. I smoke a top round of beef, shave thin, then top with Guinness and jameson glazed caramelized onions and my gouda horseradish cheese sauce. Served on a toasted geddes bakery roll. And homemade au jus. Really killer sandwich. Say hello to Brian in the kitchen! I also do cuse based specials on game day. Go SU burger-simple and delicious- crumbly blue cheese and a nice tomato- orange and blue!! Plus many more
Officially on the menu today, stop by for a Tipperary Dip on your way up to occ! Dont forgot to yell whats up Brian into the kitchen!

In Roch, Bill Gray's or Tom Wahl's. Only place I have found a must have burger.
Try Good Luck on the east side of the city. Had some coworkers take me 2 weeks ago and it was fantastic. Its a 1 pound burger that is meant to "share". I had no problems at all finishing it.

I did share some of my fries as I didn't want to be a pig.

Executive chef at the Blarney stone here. I usually get sick and tired of the food where I cook but after 5 years I can honestly say the blarney has the best burger in the area hands down. We work hard to make a consistent and delicious burger. Hand pattied and seared on that perfectly seasoned hot flat top grill. No machine pressed patties here, and it makes a huge difference. Each burger is custom made exactly to the way you want it. Half pound Bacon cheeseburger loaded with the works with fries and a quality beer for around10 bucks! come on ive paid over 20$ for all that. And we've won best burger in syracuse 12 yrs in a row in the contest that counts, ale n Angus not quite up there with us plus it costs double.
care to share your preferred beef/fat ratios or prime cut blends. more importantly...do you dimple the middle ?

Try Good Luck on the east side of the city. Had some coworkers take me 2 weeks ago and it was fantastic. Its a 1 pound burger that is meant to "share". I had no problems at all finishing it.

I did share some of my fries as I didn't want to be a pig.
I have taken multiple people to Goodluck that were skeptical of the burger, and they are all converted to "I just had the best burger of my life" crew. It is a simple burger with only sharp cheddar, but it is executed perfectly. We used to get it on takeout about once a month, but they don't let you call in orders anymore. It is still worth waiting for a table a few times a year

I know I’m going to get hammered for this but in a pinch on the road the new, fresh quarter pounder at McDonald’s stacks up pretty well with most burger places. Is it Blarney good, no, but I’d put it against 5 guys. Sub out ketchup and mustard and put in Big Mac sauce and it’s damn tasty.

Oxymoron?

I hadn’t eaten at a McD in years but a friend I trust in food industry recommended it to me and he was right. In all honesty, a quarter ponder (with Big Mac sauce) with fries and coke is a damn tasty meal at McDonald’s right now. I know is not health food, but if you are going to eat crap once in a while and you are on the road it will do.

M
care to share your preferred beef/fat ratios or prime cut blends. more importantly...do you dimple the middle ?
I like 70/30 on a nice toasted bun so it doesnt get soggy. I like cheaper cuts from harder working parts of the animal, there youll find higher myoglobin which gives you the true beefy flavor. And no I dont dimple the damn middle.

I hadn’t eaten at a McD in years but a friend I trust in food industry recommended it to me and he was right. In all honesty, a quarter ponder (with Big Mac sauce) with fries and coke is a damn tasty meal at McDonald’s right now. I know is not health food, but if you are going to eat crap once in a while and you are on the road it will do.

I honestly didn't know that McDonald's is now using fresh beef in their Quarter Pounders until I just read the article you posted. I may have to try one!

The hamlet diner in chittenango has an above average burger not too far from there also.
[/QUOTEsince you
Since you arent too far from wampsville maybe give Ray Brothers BBQ on Rt 20 near Morrisville a try. They have great live music, check their events. Montgomery Gentry played their last night! Hes a pretty big deal in country music.

Plus coming to the menu soon is our play on a french dip. We call it the Tipperary Dip. I smoke a top round of beef, shave thin, then top with Guinness and jameson glazed caramelized onions and my gouda horseradish cheese sauce. Served on a toasted geddes bakery roll. And homemade au jus. Really killer sandwich. Say hello to Brian in the kitchen! I also do cuse based specials on game day. Go SU burger-simple and delicious- crumbly blue cheese and a nice tomato- orange and blue!! Plus many more

Top 10 Syracusefan post contender^^^^

i whoopty damn dimple the patty. cooks more evenly. same reason you hammer a chicken breast.

Officially on the menu today, stop by for a Tipperary Dip on your way up to occ! Dont forgot to yell whats up Brian into the kitchen!
i whoopty damn dimple the patty. cooks more evenly. same reason you hammer a chicken breast.
So pounding your chicken breast is a good idea. Isn't a nice uniform hamburger patty the same thing. Instead of essentially deforming your patty?

Has anyone ever had a bad burger that wasn't fast food? I feel like it's impossible to mess up a burger. Some are better than others obviously.
Yes. Several times. Burgers can and do get messed up. It's really unfortunate, but it is the world we live in.

At Red Robin, avoid the double burgers, because they are smaller patties and not very juicy. The single burgers are really good. I especially like their mushroom swiss burger.
Another #protip when eating at Red Robin - ask your server if they can bring some fries out right after you put in your order because you're really hungry or in a rush or whatever. You'll get a fresh batch as an appetizer, and since they're refillable anyway they don't really care. Plus, they'll still serve your burger up with the side of fries.

Habit Burger > In-n-Out when it comes to California burger chains.

It sounds crazy to the cult, but it's real.
The problem with Habit is it takes 900 years to get one order. It’s ridiculously bad service chain

The problem with Habit is it takes 900 years to get one order. It’s ridiculously bad service chain
Really? The ones we have up in Utah run pretty smoothly.

Also, their fries are just about perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom