OT: best burger in Syracuse area... | Syracusefan.com

OT: best burger in Syracuse area...

Ptzburghcuse

Walk On
I posted a separate thread on coming up this weekend but can anyone recommend a place with fantastic burgers? I have limited time and am looking for the best.

Seconded. When I visited last season my buddy took me to Blarneys on the west side and I had a terrific burger there. It really surprised me.

Bull n bear liverpool is decent. Chain burger smokey bones and actually Longhorn has one they put shaved steak on top of that doesnt disappoint.

I posted a separate thread on coming up this weekend but can anyone recommend a place with fantastic burgers? I have limited time and am looking for the best.
Haven’t had a Blarney yet. Ale ‘N Angus is great. I really like the burger at Trappers in East Syracuse too.

Blarney is consistently great and very cheap. Basic burgers, nothing fancy, just really tasty. Ale 'n Angus is another great burger spot, especially if you want to try something more adventurous. They won "Best Burger in NYS" the past two years. I always enjoy Village Burger in Liverpool as well, but I know they have some mixed reviews.
Ale ‘n Angus is the only competition i’ll hear

I haven't had a great burger in Syracuse in awhile. For a sit-down meal, you can get a very good burger at Oh My Darling downtown. That's the best thing on my radar in the last year.

For more casual options, this is a good list:

Blarney is consistently great and very cheap. Basic burgers, nothing fancy, just really tasty. Ale 'n Angus is another great burger spot, especially if you want to try something more adventurous. They won "Best Burger in NYS" the past two years. I always enjoy Village Burger in Liverpool as well, but I know they have some mixed reviews.

I always have liked what I've ordered at Village Burger. They grind the meat in-house, the rolls are fresh, and my medium-rare always shows up as ordered. I do see that reviews online are mixed, so either these people caught them on an off day or these people have poor taste.

Ale 'n Angus, same deal. Consistent quality.

Blarney's a cut below, but the burger is practically free so it's the winner on value. I recommend it. (I think they're still cash-only, though.)

I'd add two casual pubs with burgers more or less this level of quality: Shifty's in Eastwood and Golden Spike in East Syracuse. Can't go wrong with either choice. They're both regulars bars, but pretty welcoming.

If you're in town for the alumni tournament at OCC, you can get decent burgers up that way either at Kelly's on Onondaga Hill or at The Cider Mill. Not "great" but solid.

If this helps put my tastes into context, the best burger I've had in Pittsburgh (my in-laws live in Western PA and I like burgers, so I've got some experience here) is at Tessaro's. Eleven in the Strip District is a close runner-up.

I’ll toss out a wildcard. They may not be as good as a place like ale and angus but they are very good. Red Robin. Plus you get unlimited steak fries. And there is one not too far from OCC at Township 5 in Camillus. About 5-6 miles.

I’ll toss out a wildcard. They may not be as good as a place like ale and angus but they are very good. Red Robin. Plus you get unlimited steak fries. And there is one not too far from OCC at Township 5 in Camillus. About 5-6 miles.
I will say, if you dine in-house, Red Robin’s does offer a respectable burger. Paired with the onion ring tower and a milkshake... you have a formidable burger boy’s paradise.

I will say, if you dine in-house, Red Robin’s does offer a respectable burger. Paired with the onion ring tower and a milkshake... you have a formidable burger boy’s paradise.

And the unlimited seasoned steak fries.

When I lived there long ago, it was the Carroll's Club Burger, but they are long since gone.

Last edited:
When I lived there long ago, it was the Carroll's Club Berger, but they are long since gone.
395648509e5fb4e8b0eb01b181bb59e6.jpg

Bit of a drive from the Cuse(20-30 minutes), but Madison Bistro in Wampsville is pretty darn good. It's right across from the Madison County courthouse. They took 3rd place for best burger in that same competition that Ale and Angus won. Recently, they also won some award for best steak in NY.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom