OT: Boomer and Carton doing Live Show from Syracuse Newhouse School | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Boomer and Carton doing Live Show from Syracuse Newhouse School

I stopped listening to the show when Carton started bashing JB.

that's quite the barrier to liking or not liking a show. I hate to break it to you guys but the majority of talking heads can't stand Jim Boeheim. I live in Boston and all of the radio guys always throw snide comments at Boeheim when tournament time comes around. It doesn't cloud my opinion of the station. It comes w the territory of running a top program for 3 generations and being somewhat of a curmudgeon

that's quite the barrier to liking or not liking a show. I hate to break it to you guys but the majority of talking heads can't stand Jim Boeheim. I live in Boston and all of the radio guys always throw snide comments at Boeheim when tournament time comes around. It doesn't cloud my opinion of the station. It comes w the territory of running a top program for 3 generations and being somewhat of a curmudgeon

I think there is a difference between being critical of him as coach and saying that he ignored wrongdoing by Bernie without any proof that was the case

somewhat? That's a nice way of saying it. Jimmy is a stubborn $0B. We love him as fans, and he is a decent man, that has given back to the community, fans, etc. He does not give off a likeable personality in the media at all however, and has been very mean and dismissive of journalists throughout his career. Now some of them certainly deserve it, but that doesn't mean the masses will side with him over their peers. That said, the Bernie drama was a complete show. I'll never forgive Mark Schwarz and ESPN for that witch hunt, and I am no Bernie supporter. But it was total got ya media, on the heels of PSU.

somewhat? That's a nice way of saying it. Jimmy is a stubborn $0B. We love him as fans, and he is a decent man, that has given back to the community, fans, etc. He does not give off a likeable personality in the media at all however, and has been very mean and dismissive of journalists throughout his career. Now some of them certainly deserve it, but that doesn't mean the masses will side with him over their peers. That said, the Bernie drama was a complete show. I'll never forgive Mark Schwarz and ESPN for that witch hunt, and I am no Bernie supporter. But it was total got ya media, on the heels of PSU.

yeah i was trying to be nice for the reasons you stated. I guess to end the circle here, if Bernie wasn't the criminal that ESPN portrayed him to be, why would one not be a Bernie supporter?

giphy (3).gif

I seriously doubt he is sentenced to jail time. Celebrity, $$$, etc.

Wouldn't mind seeing him permanently banned from ever mentioning SU ever again. ;)

WFAN will fire him over this that you can almost guarantee. CBS won't want the headache and bad press, just like with Sid Rosenberg.

And just like Craig did with the Bernie Fine situation, I will not wait for any facts to come in on this arrest and news and when facts do come out I will just IGNORE them. I will just say Carton is GUILTY and never change my opinion or mind! Craig did it, he is guilty. Nuff said!

#KARMA

WFAN will fire him over this that you can almost guarantee. CBS won't want the headache and bad press, just like with Sid Rosenberg.

And just like Craig did with the Bernie Fine situation, I will not wait for any facts to come in on this arrest and news and when facts do come out I will just IGNORE them. I will just say Carton is GUILTY and never change my opinion or mind! Craig did it, he is guilty. Nuff said!

#KARMA

Exactly! very well put. Give the guy a taste of his own medicine.

And he frequently talks about gambling on his show. Doesn't look good..

WFAN’s Craig Carton arrested in concert ticket Ponzi scheme

I saw online a clip from a book (assuming it was Craig's book) where Craig talked about running a gambling ring in his parents house when he was in high school and making money off that. If he ran this Ponzi-Scheme to pay off large gambling debts, that will not look good as they can trace his gambling issues back to high school and use his own autobiography as evidence.

I saw online a clip from a book (assuming it was Craig's book) where Craig talked about running a gambling ring in his parents house when he was in high school and making money off that. If he ran this Ponzi-Scheme to pay off large gambling debts, that will not look good as they can trace his gambling issues back to high school and use his own autobiography as evidence.
He has a book called Loud Mouth(s). Never read it, but wouldn't surprise me if he bragged about his gambling in it. He used to on the air when he was on a different station as well.

A former Tribeca neighbor of Carton told the News there was no indications of any problems with the radio show host.

“He was a very nice guy around me,” said the neighbor. “He was very quiet.”

What a useless quote. It's not like the neighbor is going to say, "There was never any indication that he was running a Ponzi scheme to pay off his gambling debts."

Not any more. Probably need to count him out of this week's fine mess tailgate.

I see carton in Atlantic City betting 20k a hand , I saw him a few times

Does he seem to know what he's doing, or does he gamble like a tourist?

saw the guy betting 25k a hand in AC, betting that kind of $ you can lose a MIl in a few hours, most people play black jack but the "book" and most lose anyway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom