OT: Boomer and Carton doing Live Show from Syracuse Newhouse School | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Boomer and Carton doing Live Show from Syracuse Newhouse School

I seriously doubt he is sentenced to jail time. Celebrity, $$$, etc.

Wouldn't mind seeing him permanently banned from ever mentioning SU ever again. ;)
He is going to be charged with serious crimes. I think he goes to jail.

WFAN suspended Carton indefinitely. NY Post reporting he isn't coming back and has essentially been fired. Boomer opened the show saying he will have his "friends" co-host for the time being (Phil Simms today) and they will begin trying out new co-hosts in time when the time is right.

WFAN suspended Carton indefinitely. NY Post reporting he isn't coming back and has essentially been fired. Boomer opened the show saying he will have his "friends" co-host for the time being (Phil Simms today) and they will begin trying out new co-hosts in time when the time is right.

He's absolutely doing jail time. Sounds like the feds got their guy vs using Carton to take down a bigger fish here. What a friggin dope

He is going to be charged with serious crimes. I think he goes to jail.
Preferably prison. Jail is one year or less, and where you are pending trial if you can't make bail for whatever reason.

From all reports the max sentence is 45 years but "legal experts" are saying today because he has no priors or history of issues with the law he will probably get 3-7 years if he makes a deal with the Feds. The issue is the Feds could drag their feet and not move on this for a year or so and they can take their sweet time. Meaning he will be a free man for a year or so and then be a year older when his trial and eventual jail time starts.

From all reports the max sentence is 45 years but "legal experts" are saying today because he has no priors or history of issues with the law he will probably get 3-7 years if he makes a deal with the Feds. The issue is the Feds could drag their feet and not move on this for a year or so and they can take their sweet time. Meaning he will be a free man for a year or so and then be a year older when his trial and eventual jail time starts.
He does have a right to a speedy trial. He could force the issue.

He does have a right to a speedy trial. He could force the issue.

He is gonna wanna play nice with the Feds and cut a sweet deal and not push this. Cause the "legal experts" said the Feds haven't released all the info they have. Based off the info released he could get off easy. If the Feds are holding more damaging info back which 9 out of 10 times they do, Carton will want to cut a sweet deal and work with the Feds and do what they want and not try to fight them or upset them.

Cartoon. Maybe he can share a cell with one of the Bernie accusers. Get a little pinochle game going. "I'll raise your 2 cigs with my bag of Skittles. Hey dude these are the tropical fruit ones..."

He is gonna wanna play nice with the Feds and cut a sweet deal and not push this. Cause the "legal experts" said the Feds haven't released all the info they have. Based off the info released he could get off easy. If the Feds are holding more damaging info back which 9 out of 10 times they do, Carton will want to cut a sweet deal and work with the Feds and do what they want and not try to fight them or upset them.
I think his problem is that he is the guy they want. The other guy or guys got the sweet deal.

By stealing people's $$$ he had ruined lives, retirements the guy is scum and should be treated as such. His career is over , he obviously is debt . Crimes should be so severely physically, financially, and lengthy as to be a deterrent that they become few and far between! There is to much deal making and liency! Sometimes the crime is worth the time and it cost us $$$$

I think his problem is that he is the guy they want. The other guy or guys got the sweet deal.

Not if the "3rd party" he also owns money too is the mob. Which many legal experts believe since the Feds won't mention that "3rd party" by name

Gambling in jail is waaaaaayyy more interesting. I've seen guys sliced up for refusing to pay up on the sanka packets lost in a game of spades.

A former Tribeca neighbor of Carton told the News there was no indications of any problems with the radio show host.

“He was a very nice guy around me,” said the neighbor. “He was very quiet.”

What a useless quote. It's not like the neighbor is going to say, "There was never any indication that he was running a Ponzi scheme to pay off his gambling debts."
Exactly. It's like the cut-&-paste quote from the mother of some notorious killer reminding us that he son is innocent...and a "good boy". :mad:

Last edited:
Carton's lawyer finally spoke last night and gave a statement pretty much saying Carton is the victim here. So we can see what kind of defense he will be using. That he was just some innocent who was also taken advantage of. From the papers the Fed's released the other day it doesn't seem to be the case as they have text messages and money transfers done by Carton which would hardly make him some poor soul who was taken advantage of.

I'm not sure which of the 7 Carton threads I should post this in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom