OT: Buffalo Bills | Syracusefan.com

OT: Buffalo Bills

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
I'm probably jumping the gun on this, but I think the playoffs are absolutely a realistic expectation next year if everyone stays healthy.

The d-line now is one of the best in pro football. If they get a decent WR to go with Stevie Johnson, and can add one more LB, I think they have a shot.

Not at all I think the number 10 pick is BPA if the Bills resign Bell. If not we are forced to go LT at that spot. Finally FA brought some big things to the Bills

Hint: there's a Pro Sports forum just for threads like these.

I'll remember that when jets and giants posts are all over this forum.

Hint: there's a Pro Sports forum just for threads like these.

Hint: that's why it says "OT".

Thank you for the passive aggressive "tongue lashing". Will make note of it next time.

I bet the Bills start 5-0 and don't make the playoffs... like every other year.

Being an SU fan and a Bills fan there have been a lot of lean years the past decade plus so this has been an absolutely awesome offseason. Loved today's signing gets us another pass rusher and takes away the only real pass rusher on New Englands roster. What make this even better is the offeasons the rest of the AFC East are having. NE seems to be content to sign every 4th tier WR they can get there hands on while the law firm and Anderson walk not sure what there up to but they may want to address that defense or better yet dont. Miami is a hot mess no QB no WR's not sure what the hell there doing. The Jets are imploding allready and its March, Tebow really? Tebow? WOW

Being an SU fan and a Bills fan there have been a lot of lean years the past decade plus so this has been an absolutely awesome offseason. Loved today's signing gets us another pass rusher and takes away the only real pass rusher on New Englands roster. What make this even better is the offeasons the rest of the AFC East are having. NE seems to be content to sign every 4th tier WR they can get there hands on while the law firm and Anderson walk not sure what there up to but they may want to address that defense or better yet dont. Miami is a hot mess no QB no WR's not sure what the hell there doing. The Jets are imploding allready and its March, Tebow really? Tebow? WOW
Cool, the Bills can win the offseason, the Pats will take the division like every year.

Brandon Lloyd is not a 4th tier WR. Anderson was not the only real pass rusher, he wasn't even playing well until Andre Carter got hurt. That deal was ludicrous. We signed secondary help, which was a big need, with Gregory and Will Smith. BenJarvus also got a deal that wasn't worth the contract, and we are adequately prepared to replace him with Steven Ridley, who was pretty good last year in the 3rd string role. RB's are avery easy to find.

Cool, the Bills can win the offseason, the Pats will take the division like every year.

Brandon Lloyd is not a 4th tier WR. Anderson was not the only real pass rusher, he wasn't even playing well until Andre Carter got hurt. That deal was ludicrous. We signed secondary help, which was a big need, with Gregory and Will Smith. BenJarvus also got a deal that wasn't worth the contract, and we are adequately prepared to replace him with Steven Ridley, who was pretty good last year in the 3rd string role. RB's are avery easy to find.

I know your a Pats fan but are you honestly trying to say NE had any sort of pass rush last year outside of Anderson? Eli Manning had all day in the Super Bowl and I watched nearly every NE game for fantasy purposes and that D was at times flat out awful. Lloyd has been with three teams in what three years and Anthony Gonzalez hasnt caught a pass in an NFL game in years. Not trying to hate on the Pats but no need to take shots at the Bills when your own team has obvious glaring holes just like every other team. RB, Secondary, WR etc. I would still put my money on the Pats to win the division but at least Buffalo seems to be trying to close the gap.

I know your a Pats fan but are you honestly trying to say NE had any sort of pass rush last year outside of Anderson? Eli Manning had all day in the Super Bowl and I watched nearly every NE game for fantasy purposes and that D was at times flat out awful. Lloyd has been with three teams in what three years and Anthony Gonzalez hasnt caught a pass in an NFL game in years. Not trying to hate on the Pats but no need to take shots at the Bills when your own team has obvious glaring holes just like every other team. RB, Secondary, WR etc. I would still put my money on the Pats to win the division but at least Buffalo seems to be trying to close the gap.
We didn't have a pass rush at all. Carter was our best by far. When he got hurt, Anderson picked up the slack but he couldn't crack the starting lineup until the injury.

Anthony Gonzalez is garbage and will get cut. Don't care about him. Lloyd being with 3 in 3 doesn't worry me, he's familiar with a McDaniels offense and any character issues are negated by Belichick.

Running Back will not be a weakness. Ridley/Vereen/Woodhead will be fine. BJGE was good but not that good.

Secondary might not be a weakness, Pats get a healthy Chung, Ras-I Dowling will be back after being on IR, and we signed Gregory who is an upgrade at safety.

WR is not a weakness either. Welker, Lloyd, Hernandez (in essence a WR), to go along with Edelman, Underwood, Chad Johnson, and Stallworth is pretty good to me.

We didn't have a pass rush at all. Carter was our best by far. When he got hurt, Anderson picked up the slack but he couldn't crack the starting lineup until the injury.

Anthony Gonzalez is garbage and will get cut. Don't care about him. Lloyd being with 3 in 3 doesn't worry me, he's familiar with a McDaniels offense and any character issues are negated by Belichick.

Running Back will not be a weakness. Ridley/Vereen/Woodhead will be fine. BJGE was good but not that good.

Secondary might not be a weakness, Pats get a healthy Chung, Ras-I Dowling will be back after being on IR, and we signed Gregory who is an upgrade at safety.

WR is not a weakness either. Welker, Lloyd, Hernandez (in essence a WR), to go along with Edelman, Underwood, Chad Johnson, and Stallworth is pretty good to me.

Dont Disagree on Offense Gronk is an absolute beast and Hernandez and Welker are obviously good. I would worry a bit about Welker that dude has taken an absolute beating the last 2-4 years and I think its finally starting to catch up with him but I am sure he will continue to scorch the Bills. I agree Gregory is an upgrade a smart fast player and I like Woodhead as a change of pace guy but BGE never fumbled and could grind out yards, that doesnt seem to be Ridleys MO, probably would benefit the Pats to actually hold on to some draft picks and take a RB early. Id also grab a WR if I was them as I said I watched just about every Pats game and Underwood was underwhelming to say the least. Perhaps Edelman will have a good year now that hes back on O but Stallworth is pretty much washed up at this point and Chad is well into the twilight of his career year I doubt either of them make it to the end of the season.

I think it's time we just get rid of the charade known as the "Pro Sports Forum."
Nah... we just need some diligent thread weeding/relocation.

First things first the Bills are one Wide Receiver and LT away from being as talented as anyone in the division. Yes the Pats have had there way with the division of late however it's going to start another cycle soon. Let's not forget about the early 90's the Pats football team was a joke. The Bills have become that in the 2000's however the management and talent have finally landed and don't be surprised if they lock up a wild card spot this year. I don't think they can knock the Pats out as AFC champs this year but that following year should be interesting. I can't hate on the Pats because they have a great organization and stud QB but I am a Bills fan that has a lot of hope because of the moves they have made. If you were in our position I think you would to

I bet the Bills start 5-0 and don't make the playoffs... like every other year.

Typical Pats fan.

Can't wait until it all catches up to you. And it will start sooner than you think.

I'd love to see a top flight CB/OT in the first round. The question is do they trade down and grab another 2nd rounder or do they take Martin? As much as it pains me to say it perhaps Sanu from Rutgers in round 2. Then in round three how about Chandler Jones.

I'd love to see a top flight CB/OT in the first round. The question is do they trade down and grab another 2nd rounder or do they take Martin? As much as it pains me to say it perhaps Sanu from Rutgers in round 2. Then in round three how about Chandler Jones.
Not going to lie I have a slight man crush on the reciever Hill from GT if he falls to us in round two I might attempt a back flip off my back deck. If that happened and we got our LT in round 1 we are in great shape.

First things first the Bills are one Wide Receiver and LT away from being as talented as anyone in the division.

Not sure how you can say that when the Pats have a HoF QB and the Bills have a solid guy.

Not sure how you can say that when the Pats have a HoF QB and the Bills have a solid guy.
Because football is a game of 22 total players, yes your QB is better then the Bills however your running backs couldn't carry Fred Jackson or CJ Spiller's jock straps

Because football is a game of 22 total players, yes your QB is better then the Bills however your running backs couldn't carry Fred Jackson or CJ Spiller's jock straps

Not a Pats fan at all so they are not my running backs. That said hasn't Spiller been a disappointment?

Not a Pats fan at all so they are not my running backs. That said hasn't Spiller been a disappointment?
His first season yes because out of all things he had trouble picking up the blocking scheme in Gailey's offense last year when Fred went down he actually out performed Jackson which is saying something since Fred was in the MVP discussion before he got hurt. I really think Spiller is the better back but Fred will start this year. It's a good problem to have but I really hope they give more carries to CJ

His first season yes because out of all things he had trouble picking up the blocking scheme in Gailey's offense last year when Fred went down he actually out performed Jackson which is saying something since Fred was in the MVP discussion before he got hurt. I really think Spiller is the better back but Fred will start this year. It's a good problem to have but I really hope they give more carries to CJ
Based on where he was drafted, he is a major disappointment. It is the only black eye so far on the Nix/Gailey regime. Spiller proved himself to be a productive NFL back when Jackson went out, but these days productive NFL backs can come much later in the draft. It seems like teams are plugging in running backs from the scrap heap and having success. There is absolutely no justification for drafting a running back 9th overall. They are a dime/dozen.

I see your point however I think it's unfair to call him a bust. If he has 3 straight 1,000 yard season people still won't be happy. He will be a hell of a player IMO. Your correct about the RB's being a dime a dozen but that's who Nix wanted. If you were going to pick a swing and miss draft pick CJ shouldn't be it remember in that same draft Nix took Troup over Gronk in the second round.

I see your point however I think it's unfair to call him a bust. If you were going to pick a swing and miss draft pick CJ shouldn't be it remember in that same draft Nix took Troup over Gronk in the second round.
I didn't call him a bust. I know it is just semantics, but I generally reserve that term for guys who aren't productive at all and are out of the league in a few years. Spiller definitely is a productive NFL running back. He is just not worthy of his draft status.

I didn't call him a bust. I know it is just semantics, but I generally reserve that term for guys who aren't productive at all and are out of the league in a few years. Spiller definitely is a productive NFL running back. He is just not worthy of his draft status.
Yeah I mean I guess you could say the same thing about Darren McFadden as well it's a big risk when going Running Back in the first round unless you get a Adrian Peterson

I think CJ Spiller could have a big year. He really seemed to figure things out last year when Fred went out. We really need a #2 wr, we have Stevie as the 1, Nelson as the slot and then nobody. Even if we dont get a wr, the offense should still put up points. Plenty of talent with Stevie/Freddy/Spiller/Nelson. Hopefully Fitz steps up.

The defense has a chance to be special under Wannstedt. Love our D-line. Mario/Dareus/Kyle/Anderson is just sick and we have one of the best safety tandems in the NFL with Wilson/Byrd. Our corners are average and our lb's have no depth. Barnett/Sheppard/Morrison and then noone. Have to address LT/LB/WR/CB in the draft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom