OT: Censorship and Power | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Censorship and Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
you meet power with finesse. it' s posting jiu jitsu

You can get away with vulgarities and other things if you are clever about it

patience, young grasshopper, and you will learn the ways of the board.

you meet power with finesse. it' s posting jiu jitsu

You can get away with vulgarities and other things if you are clever about it

patience, young grasshopper, and you will learn the ways of the board.

I thought "jack donkey" would be okay. I have no idea what I did that got me banned.

I thought "jack donkey" would be okay. I have no idea what I did that got me banned.

Maybe I was guilty by associated. I was spending to much time "liking" JarHead's posts!

I hope you are not serious. No one posts more "funny" or "silly" stuff than I do. But it is either Syracuse-related or clearly labeled OT. Why is that so difficult?

Trust me, the mods here are not "drunk with power." We are trying to run something for the benefit of Syracuse fans who enjoy having a place to share their SU passion. We do this 24/7. We don't get paid ... except, it seems, in periodic grief and brickbats. This board is not a "right." It is a gift. If you don't like the way it is run... no one forces you to read it.

No one posts more "funny" or "silly" stuff than I do.

No you don't I do!!!

I don't know the details of your situation (and I don't really care).

but I will tell you that I was banned about a dozen times in my first six months of posting.

if you are smarter & less stubborn than me you should do a lot better

It simply means that I referenced your handle. To do it, simply enter the text "@handle" (don't include the quotes).

Dave85 : FYI, most people here have never been banned. It's really not that hard to follow the generally accepted behavior here.

I never wanted NOT to follow the rules. I just was banned when I thought I was following the rules!

I don't know the details of your situation (and I don't really care).

but I will tell you that I was banned about a dozen times in my first six months of posting.

if you are smarter & less stubborn than me you should do a lot better
moontan tagged you.

it means your 'it'.

do we really have to start your education all the way back there???

if so, id just leave now.

It means you're it, and you have to tag someone else or else you lose the game. Have you NEVER played tag at recess!?

I've played, I just never win at it.

It must be frustrating to get banned if no explanation is given. I have never had it happen so I thankfully don't know the process, but it seems as though a quick reason for the ban should be PM'd or emailed to the person so they can avoid the behavior in the future at least.

It must be frustrating to get banned if no explanation is given. I have never had it happen so I thankfully don't know the process, but it seems as though a quick reason for the ban should be PM'd or emailed to the person so they can avoid the behavior in the future at least.

That would have been nice. I enjoy the community. But the banning thing got to me because I really do not think I did anything that was not being done by JarHeadJim. I blame him. He starts the bad stuff going and I just laughed and added additional posts. And he doesn't get banned, I do as if I did the whole thing!

That would have been nice. I enjoy the community. But the banning thing got to me because I really do not think I did anything that was not being done by JarHeadJim. I blame him. He starts the bad stuff going and I just laughed and added additional posts. And he doesn't get banned, I do as if I did the whole thing!

off-setting penalties. All good now.

I'm 27. I'm always drunk. I normally act like a 5 year old, at home, work, and on the board. If I can figure out how to not get banned, then seriously.. anyone can. I dont get it.

This is getting old. Its annoying.

i like dave as a poster, so this isn't directed specifically at him, but nothing unveils the thin skinned posters quite like a banning.

Yeah at this point peace has been spoken and a plethora of opinions thrown on the table. It has been discussed in such great detail that it is getting old. It is always good to be open and discuss how we feel about the community. In this instance Dave, I think this is better served as a question done privately. In other discussions the references were to how the board was holistically. This just sounds like something better suited as a polite, offline conversation.

i deserve to be it for never having called anyone on here a jack-donkey.

and believe me, theres been plenty of opportunities.

when it comes to bannings, ill speak as the Lou Gehrig to Tristan's Babe Ruth and say...youve got to know what you did.

it might not even be your last post which did it, but you'll find the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom