OT-Curious-if UCF wins tonight | Syracusefan.com

OT-Curious-if UCF wins tonight

TheOkieOrangeman

2nd String
does the new conference keep it's automatic bid to a big bowl game? I know the BCS is gone next year.

I don't believe it has any bearing on the AQ.

The rule is the best of the non-P5 conferences get a slot. So that means beating out the MAC or Mountain West's best team.

I have a feeling UCF, ECU, UCONN and Cincy will be battling it out most years.

The rule is the best of the non-P5 conferences get a slot. So that means beating out the MAC or Mountain West's best team.

I have a feeling UCF, ECU, UCONN and Cincy will be battling it out most years.

I believe you're right, but don't they also have to be ranked high enough? If that's the case, UCF has a great shot if Bortles comes back. They only lose 8 seniors.

I believe you're right, but don't they also have to be ranked high enough? If that's the case, UCF has a great shot if Bortles comes back. They only lose 8 seniors.

It's my understanding that the highest ranked G5 team will get into one of the Access Bowls, regardless of how high that ranking may be.

Cheers,
Neil

Amazing how close to being undefeated UCF and Michigan St were. I HATE the current system of bowl tie ins and it really isn't getting much better. UCF earned their bowl and deserves their shot at the title if this same scenario happens next year.

Amazing how close to being undefeated UCF and Michigan St were. I HATE the current system of bowl tie ins and it really isn't getting much better. UCF earned their bowl and deserves their shot at the title if this same scenario happens next year.

I don't think so. UCF would have to go undefeated to make the playoff. I can see a 1 loss team from the SEC or Pac10 making it, but if you are in the AAC, ACC or B1G, you better not lose if you want to be invited.

I don't think so. UCF would have to go undefeated to make the playoff. I can see a 1 loss team from the SEC or Pac10 making it, but if you are in the AAC, ACC or B1G, you better not lose if you want to be invited.

Agreed, its Pac 12/ SEC Invitational next year. All others must run the table

It's my understanding that the highest ranked G5 team will get into one of the Access Bowls, regardless of how high that ranking may be.

Cheers,
Neil
Glancing over the bowl results, it looks like most of the top teams from the competing conferences (NIU, Bowling Green, Boise, Fresno - don't know who's in CUSA anymore) got exposed in their bowl games, so the CFU win might give the AAK an edge up in the polls against the competing minor conferences next season.

might give the AAK an edge up in the polls against the competing minor conferences next season.
Hey now! The politically correct term is "mid-major". :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom