OT - Dwight Howard to Houston | Syracusefan.com

OT - Dwight Howard to Houston

Hmmmm...To bad Dallas lost out. Dallas needs to do something.

would have loved to see dirk and howard together.

and now Iguodalo to Warriors.

Certainly can't blame him for wanting to get away from the Lakers. D'Antoni, an old Nash, an old and arrogant Kobe... Can't believe Kobe thought a good pitch would be, "come back, shut up and listen to me. I can mentor you." Duh. If you had the secrets to winning championships, why wouldn't you have imparted them last year? Stooge.

This was kind of a no-brainer. I thought, perhaps, the only thing that might have gotten in the way were the 'assurances' Dwight made when he came to LA. I thought he all but guaranteed the Lakers that he would re-sign. Not sure the Lakers lost that much in ridding themselves of an 'injured' Andrew Bynum, though.

It's going to be a very interesting next few years for both the Celtics and the Lakers.

----Edit:
Uh oh. Not so fast, my friend. Not a done deal?

Certainly can't blame him for wanting to get away from the Lakers. D'Antoni, an old Nash, an old and arrogant Kobe... Can't believe Kobe thought a good pitch would be, "come back, shut up and listen to me. I can mentor you." Duh. If you had the secrets to winning championships, why wouldn't you have imparted them last year? Stooge.

Well, there was the matter of a torn freakin Achilles tendon that got in the way.

The Lakers got off to a very slow start with a lot of new faces, injuries, coaching change, etc. Let's not forget how well they were playing after the All Star break, and how many were talking about/hoping for a first round Spurs-Lakers matchup as it figured to be a great series. If Kobe didn't get hurt, who knows what happens.

Now he is 50/50 on staying with the Lakers or going to Houston...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Well, there was the matter of a torn freakin Achilles tendon that got in the way.

The Lakers got off to a very slow start with a lot of new faces, injuries, coaching change, etc. Let's not forget how well they were playing after the All Star break, and how many were talking about/hoping for a first round Spurs-Lakers matchup as it figured to be a great series. If Kobe didn't get hurt, who knows what happens.

I dunno. Achilles or not, i don't think the Lakers were going anywhere. Nash was barely playing. Kobe was playing too many minutes, just to get them into the playoffs. But regardless... These 'wisdoms' that Kobe was supposedly holding onto... He didn't think it prudent to use them in the years since the last Lakers' title? I'm not saying he isn't a great player, or that 'champions' can't teach. I'm just saying Kobe's arrogance would have been a turn-off to anyone, and you'd have to ignore that, D'Antoni, old man Nash, and a slew of other factors in order to want to re-sign. The only thing the Lakers offer at this point is history and that fifth year, but the tax issue semi- negates that.

But, now he's waffling again... So, who knows.

I gotta say, though, as a new LA resident, and long-time Lakers fan, leaving the Lakers is the only thing that makes competitive sense is a move to Houston. But, finances and health are major concerns, so...

I dunno. Achilles or not, i don't think the Lakers were going anywhere. Nash was barely playing. Kobe was playing too many minutes, just to get them into the playoffs. But regardless... These 'wisdoms' that Kobe was supposedly holding onto... He didn't think it prudent to use them in the years since the last Lakers' title? I'm not saying he isn't a great player, or that 'champions' can't teach. I'm just saying Kobe's arrogance would have been a turn-off to anyone, and you'd have to ignore that, D'Antoni, old man Nash, and a slew of other factors in order to want to re-sign. The only thing the Lakers offer at this point is history and that fifth year, but the tax issue semi- negates that.

The Lakers also offer the chance to go nuts in free agency in 2014, where they could've signed a major star or two to pair with Dwight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom