OT: Favorite TV cartoons as a kid | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Favorite TV cartoons as a kid

Tom & Jerry (!)
Jonny Quest ("Bandit, come back!")
Superfriends ("Wonder twins power, Activate!"
Flinstones (Wil-ma!")
Jetsons (El-roy!)
Huckleberry Hound ("Oh my Darling Oh my darling Oh my darling Clementine")
Road Runner ("Beep beep")
Fat Albert ("Hey! Hey! Hey!")
Bugs ("Duck Season!")

Not a big fan of you spying on my girlfriend. You better hope I don't catch you
If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a btch ain't one.

Colonel Bleep...what else?

It was TV's first cartoon in color and featured characters who never spoke.
When I was a kid the re-runs of re-runs were long into re-runs.

Rocky and Bullwinkle, Top Cat, Ruff & Ready, Quick Draw McGraw (El Kabong).

Born in 1990- Top favorites were probably

- Rocket Power
- Spongebob
- Hey Arnold
- Wild Thornberries
- Tom and Jerry
- Kenan and Kel

But also loved me some Jonny Quest baby!

The original Batman show with Adam West! Loved the cat women episodes and bat girl :)

- Rocket Power
- Spongebob
- Hey Arnold
- Wild Thornberries
- Tom and Jerry
- Kenan and Kel

Kenan and Kel is not a cartoon. But rocket power was sweet

Lots of good stuff covered here. But the Looney Tunes still reign supreme in my memory banks. Kill the Wabbit! Rabbit of Seville. Bugs tricking the mobsters. The list goes on and on.

This may be an outlier, because it's gotten no love thus far, but what about Star Blazers? It was Americanized from an early Japanese series about the Space Battleship Yamato. Great save-the-Earth quest storyline.

- Rocket Power
- Spongebob
- Hey Arnold
- Wild Thornberries
- Tom and Jerry
- Kenan and Kel

Definitely forgot Rocket Power. Awesome show. I still remember the episode where they got the Fuji flu and they all sounded so weird!!

Kenan and Kel is not a cartoon. But rocket power was sweet

h5DE9CB28

And no F's were given.

Already listed my top three, but I also enjoy watching Avatar with my kids.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Totally forgot USA Cartoon Express on Sunday mornings. Was like 4 hours straight of jabberjaw, Josie and the pussycats, Flintstones, captain caveman and Hong Kong fooey followed by WWF.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Born in 88 so my list goes like this.

First off, how has no one said Scooby Doo?? All time favorite cartoon. I still watch it.
Johnny quest
Paw paw bears. > This was the Cartoon Network.
Smurfs
Swat cats
Looney toons
Yogi

The Nickeloden shows were -
Rugrats
Doug "Banging on a trash can" Funnie
Catdog
Hey Arnold
Angry beavers

Pokemon counts.

I can't think of any else right now. But a couple shows that weren't cartoons but were on Nick, legends of the hidden temple, Wild and Crazy kids (Loved this show, always wanted to be a contestant), Are you afraid of the dark, and there
Was another with a course and they had to climb a mountain and the name was something like global something...

Since you were born in 88 this is way before your time, but one of the local Syracuse tv stations had a scooby-doo fan club. Somewhere around here I still have the certificate from when I joined it-it would have been in the mid 70's since I was born in 68. One of my all time favorite cartoons. That and Superfriends. We were only allowed to watch tv for a couple hours on Saturday morning, so I missed all the weekday shows growing up.

Mine were

Garfield
TMNT
Looney Tunes
Transformers
X-men
Captain Planet
ren & stimpy
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Underdog
GI Joe
Duck tales
Scooby Doo
Flinstones
Jetsons

Totally forgot USA Cartoon Express on Sunday mornings. Was like 4 hours straight of jabberjaw, Josie and the pussycats, Flintstones, captain caveman and Hong Kong fooey followed by WWF.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I will forever link Cartoon Express to the Syracuse area, because when I was a kid we didn't have USA in Vermont, so I only ever got to watch it when we visited my grandparents in Marcellus. Loved Cartoon Express. The Warner Brothers Wacky Races were the best.

Speaking of Warner Brothers, also loved Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain when I was a kid. The humor still holds up because it was so bizarre and subversive (which is why I also enjoy Phineas and Ferb these days, because half of the humor is so far above the target audience it's ridiculous).

1.) LooneyTunes: "Fearless Freep! That's my man!" "I know - I say I just know that marble headed mongrel's at the bottom of all this ...", Spike and Chester "Wanna chase a cat, Spike?" and of course ...

Blacque.jpg

2.) Rocky & Bullwinkle ("Hush-a-Boom," Gidney and Cloyd, the Giant 6 Foot Metal Munching Mice) were my favorites. Dudley Dooright was another spinoff.

222269.jpg

The rest, like the Flintstones and the Hanna-Barbera cartoons, I think I just watched because they were on.

Anyone remember Speed Racer?

Lots of good stuff covered here. But the Looney Tunes still reign supreme in my memory banks. Kill the Wabbit! Rabbit of Seville. Bugs tricking the mobsters. The list goes on and on.

This may be an outlier, because it's gotten no love thus far, but what about Star Blazers? It was Americanized from an early Japanese series about the Space Battleship Yamato. Great save-the-Earth quest storyline.

Marvin the martian!!

Since you were born in 88 this is way before your time, but one of the local Syracuse tv stations had a scooby-doo fan club. Somewhere around here I still have the certificate from when I joined it-it would have been in the mid 70's since I was born in 68. One of my all time favorite cartoons. That and Superfriends. We were only allowed to watch tv for a couple hours on Saturday morning, so I missed all the weekday shows growing up.

This would probably put us both in the era of Salty Sam's Super Saturday, and Monster Movie Matinee. Neither were cartoons, obviously, but I was on an episode of Salty Sam's and won a Frisbee while there with my Cub Scout troop. That was right before I got kicked out for beating the hell out of the den mother's kid. That little punk had it coming.

To add a few more to the aforementioned:

Pinky and the Brain
Ren and Stimpy

Spit son...I wish I could have been a part of that club

Basically everything oldpinepoint listed (except for the Pacman show), along with:

Matt+Trakker+and+Thunderhawk_by_onegemini+mask+phantom+spectrum+m.a.s.k+crusaders+cartoon+animated+series+poster.jpg

I've always believed that MASK would absolutely do well as a reboot, and could even work as a movie.

In 1st grade my friend Perry got me the tiger helicopter for my birthday. No lie, I still count it as one of the best gifts I've ever been given.

Great thread. I'm racking my brain to think of ones not listed but I can't. I'm 44 so I didn't get into the later ones. Just wanted to add that I love the fact my soon to be 10-year old boy DVRs Looney Tunes - he loves the old school stuff and I had nothing to do with it. Quality speaks for itself.

My list:

He-Man
Duck Tales
Transformers
MASK
Darkwing Duck
TMNT
The Batman animated series (which, I would argue, is the greatest animated series of all-time. OF ALL-TIME!)
X-Men

Also, while not cartoons but valuable contributions of Nickelodeon to children's entertainment:
You Can't Do That on Television
Roundhouse
Hey Dude
Salute Your Shorts (a part of my heart will always belong to Dina Alexander)

Edit - Also in the, ahem, live action category:
Ghostwriter (word)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom