OT: Favorite TV cartoons as a kid | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Favorite TV cartoons as a kid

Actually, how could we be on a sports forum and NOT mention this gem:

Prostars.jpg
Michael Jordan for the easy layup Pro Stars...Pro Stars

Some time ago on TV I saw a talk show discussion on cartoon violence and whether it served to precipitate violent behavior in children. I wish I could remember who said it (maybe it was Bill Maher), but one of the guys on the panel said, "I don't know about that. I grew up watching Yogi Bear, and I've never stolen a picnic basket in my life."

The Challenge of the Super Friends was the absolute best (the ones with the Justice League vs. The Legion of Doom, not the cheesy early ones).

... another with a course and they had to climb a mountain and the name was something like global something...

This one, perhaps?

Those Nick shows were awesome. Wasn't that preceded by some kind of fun house show with another obstacle course? Incredible how many hours of that we could sit through - same premise, same obstacles, yet worth watching again and again.

I always favored non-animated over cartoons, but here's some shows I watched as kid:

Non-cartoon:
The Wonder Years
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
The Adventures of Pete and Pete
What Would You Do?
Double Dare
Wild and Crazy Kids
Salute Your Shorts
Ghostwriter
Full House

Cartoons:
Doug
Gummi Bears
Ducktails
Rugrats
Dinosaurs (with the little baby)
Hey Arnold

This one, perhaps?

Those Nick shows were awesome. Wasn't that preceded by some kind of fun house show with another obstacle course? Incredible how many hours of that we could sit through - same premise, same obstacles, yet worth watching again and again.

Finders Keepers and Double Dare?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Hulk - dr Bruce Banner, belted by gamma rays, turned into the hulk, ...
Spiderman - does whatever a spider can
Flintstones
Underdog
Super Friends
Bugs Bunny
Mr Magoo
Hong Kong Phooey
Space Ghost
Tom and Jerry
Captain Caveman
Smurfs

I just remembered this gem.

images

Only lasted one season but was a great show and if I remember correctly Zelda was smokin hot...

zeldass.jpg

Yep, memories confirmed.

Wow - hard to cover new in the cartoon dept., but I don't think I'm violating the OP too much with these:

The Banana Splits

HR Puff n Stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cshdzAtBW4M

Ultraman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_TTZ_yH4_4

Johnny Sokko and his flying Robot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POsk1y68avo

I was born in '67 so just about all of this stuff was before my time - but I was the youngest of four and most of these were still in re-run in the early 70's when I began watching TV.

I think everyone posted my Fav's, but what about the local Syracuse program in the 50's - 60's called The Magic Toy Shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom