OT guilty pleasures favorite cheesy 80's songs | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

OT guilty pleasures favorite cheesy 80's songs

The wife saw her last year and she did NOT play this song, much to the chagrine of the crowd.

[song: voices carry]

[song: End of the Line]
Kicking off a run by the various members of the Traveling Wilburys. Jeff Lynne is the only one without a quality solo during the decade, but he cowrote several of the following efforts.

[Song: She's a Mystery to Me]
Very sad that Roy did not live to see this become the most commercially successful part of his career

[Song: Jokerman]
the 80s was possibly Dylan's weakest decade, but he still put out some fine work, notably this album (Infidels) and Empire Burlesque.

[Song: Everything is Broken]
Dylan ended the decade with an explosion - the two Wilbury's records and Oh, Mercy - IMO his best album since Desire way back in the mid-70s. I can't find the original video, but this fan's cut demonstrates how much this cynical political album still resonates today.

[Song: Won't Back Down]
Closing out the "Wilbury" set with a cut from what I think is Tom Petty's best album, 1989's Full Moon Fever. This cut, too, was co-written by Jeff Lynne.
EDIT: link corrected; thanks tee

Won't Back Down
Closing out the "Wilbury" set with a cut from what I think is Tom Petty's best album, 1989's Full Moon Fever. This cut, too, was co-written by Jeff Lynne.
Hey, I think you meant to paste won't back down youtube here, but got my mind set on you came back, the post above this one.
But got your meaning :)

[song: Highwayman]
from the country music supergroup The Highwaymen - Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings and Kris Kristofferson. Nelson did a bunch of excellent collaborations in the 80s; I am going to link a few.

Willie Nelson and Ray Charles
[song: Seven Spanish Angels]

Willie Nelson and Carlos Santana
[song: They All Went to Mexico]

Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard
[song: Pancho and Lefty]
Even if you don't think you like country music, or Willie, or Merle - give this one a listen. A terrific version of a brilliant song from the late, great Townes Van Zandt.

[Song: She's a Mystery to Me]
Very sad that Roy did not live to see this become the most commercially successful part of his career
His last album (this one) is one of my all time favorites.

[song: automatic]
Will be back when the dust settles. I can't believe I am agreeing with the knuckleheads, but we lacked heart, intensity down the stretch and let a few wins get away. You know me by now and I don't give up and won't. But the fire is just not there this year.

Anyone post this one yet? Heard this at the bar I just ate at and watched the miserable end of that game.

[song: automatic]
Will be back when the dust settles. I can't believe I am agreeing with the knuckleheads, but we lacked heart, intensity down the stretch and let a few wins get away. You know me by now and I don't give up and won't. But the fire is just not there this year.

just refer to the 80's thread. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom