OT: Hank Williams Song Out for Season on MNF | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Hank Williams Song Out for Season on MNF

Dumb reason to cancel a theme song.

Probably true, but suspending it for one week and having most people react that they didn't miss it because the replacement of that kickin' hick song was overdue years ago is a better reason to cancel a theme song.

I'm not sure I can really agree with that. Are there any other examples of the left "going nuts" over this stuff? I'm honestly asking, because I can't think of any real examples since I try to avoid all talk of politics whenever I can (same goes for religion...avoid hot button topics whenever possible).

All I know is that some conservatives believe that Barack is literally the Anti-Christ (seriously, my wife's grandmother sends forward after forward with "logic" stating why this is true), and as a liberal, I know I don't go nuts over it. I just shake my head and laugh at how stupid that is.

I'm not sure I can really agree with that. Are there any other examples of the left "going nuts" over this stuff?

Seriously? 99% of political correctness comes from the left.

Everyone knows that it's always the other guys that go nuts.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. It's so much ESPN I blame, but this current society in general. ESPN's fear of taking financial hits because of companies pulling their advertising because they ignore context and/or don't like what the man said. People in this society are so sensitive and close-minded that they would rather have tantrums than allow a man to say what he wants to say.

Real simple solution here...You go and start YOUR OWN football league and YOU can hire Hank Williams Jr. to sing the opening theme, k?

I guess I just don't consider PC to be the same thing as "going nuts" over issues. I say this as someone who is not remotely PC, but still a liberal, by the way.

The bottom line regarding the left and the right and this sort of situation is the fact that there are always going to be extremists on BOTH sides, but they don't necessarily sum up either side as a whole. I have plenty of conservative friends who are far from being extreme right wingers, and while I'm very liberal, I know I'm not remotely one of those extreme hippie types. This sort of thing just brings the extremists out of the woodwork, unfortunately.

Probably one of the most revealing books i've read

Bias.jpg

This should be one of the happiest days in the history of this board with TCU pulling the carpet out from under the BE.

Yet here we are going back and forth about an awful and embarrassing song that's been played out for 20 years on a broadcast that gets less and less relevant every season.

Let's just rename this the Hank WTFilliams/Liberals suck NUH UH Conservatives suck/media bias/pussification of America/whatever the hell you want to talk about Megathread and move it to the OT board.

Real simple solution here...You go and start YOUR OWN football league and YOU can hire Hank Williams Jr. to sing the opening theme, k?

Huh? Did you even read my post?

Maybe I'm making this up, but does anyone else remember the one season where MNF had other musicians do the intro?

I remember my dad yelling WHO THE HELL IS TONY! TONI! TONÉ!????

I'm not sure I can really agree with that. Are there any other examples of the left "going nuts" over this stuff? I'm honestly asking, because I can't think of any real examples since I try to avoid all talk of politics whenever I can (same goes for religion...avoid hot button topics whenever possible).

All I know is that some conservatives believe that Barack is literally the Anti-Christ (seriously, my wife's grandmother sends forward after forward with "logic" stating why this is true), and as a liberal, I know I don't go nuts over it. I just shake my head and laugh at how stupid that **** is.
You're asking for facts?

You realize this is a political debate, right?

Why quote facts when you can simply state that the left has a hair trigger and be done with it?

(I say this apolotically, because this absolutely goes both ways.)

Lefties made a move about the investigation of the assassination of President Bush. I have a link somewhere here that I need to find that shows thousand of pictures of lefties calling Bush Hitler and all kind of other names. Some even show these nice people calling for his assassination. Now what would be the response to these types of shenanigan directed at Obama...hmmm?

For what it's worth, any "entertainer," actor, or musician ought not talk about political things. That crowd is at the very bottom of the food chain when it comes to intelligence - at least most athletes have had the benefit of a view years of college. "Entertainers," as a group, are an awfully ignorant bunch.

I agree, unfortunately most aren't bright enough not to talk about ANYTHING polarizing. When your business and livelihood depend on the public's opinion of you, it's best to keep a low profile and avoid controversy.

That being said, some in the spotlight are in the spotlight because of controversy. There's a fine line. Those with legit talents shouldn't need to be controversial figures because their talent speaks for itself. Those that aren't that talented have to rely on whatever type of publicity they can get.

If they don't give a stuff that their record sales or movie ticket sales are going to decline because of the things they say, then more power to them to say whatever they want. Not the best business decision if you ask me but to each their own.

Lefties made a move about the investigation of the assassination of President Bush. I have a link somewhere here that I need to find that shows thousand of pictures of lefties calling Bush Hitler and all kind of other names. Some even show these nice people calling for his assassination. Now what would be the response to these types of shenanigan directed at Obama...hmmm?

Did these lefties sing the theme song to a show on ESPN?

Are you seriously suggesting no one has ever called for the assassination of Obama? Really? Is that what you're trying to suggest? Because I find that hard to believe. Seriously. I just find it hard to believe. I mean, in fairness, it's not like there's an incredibly racist and all-around offensive website devoted to it. And certainly no one would ever condone such a thing on any form of social media or anything. And there certainly would never be enough threats to warrant an entire page on Wikipedia, right?

Stupid...He voiced his opinion-so what. All the PC crapola is ridiculous. Kinda like not saying Merry Christmas. Get over it. I'll say Merry Christmas to anyone I want to0..and if they don't like it-they don't have to listen. Why does everyone always get their panties in a bunch over people voicing their opinion? You know what you can do with the PC thing..

Was Kanye scolded by anyone for saying George Bush hates black people?

Maybe I'm making this up, but does anyone else remember the one season where MNF had other musicians do the intro?

I remember my dad yelling WHO THE HELL IS TONY! TONI! TONÉ!????
Good times.

Was Kanye scolded by anyone for saying George Bush hates black people?

Did he do the theme song for a show on ESPN? Whom did you want to scold him?

Did he do the theme song for a show on ESPN? Whom did you want to scold him?

He slipped up during a live performance during World's Strongest Man 2008 sponsored by BALCO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom