OT: Happy Canada Day! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Happy Canada Day!

Ya I remember that. I live on the river and it created quite a stir. Canadian law enforcement was def being ah@les about it. From what I remember, Canadian politicians got involved and the whole thing was resolved. The OPP got their d1cks slapped, and they deserved it.

See, that's interesting, I went to the Thousand Island bait store about a month and a half ago and I inquired about it and the people working said that you need to call in when you get there and when you leave, or you will get arrested. And they were very adamant about that.

But at Millens Bay Marina, the owner, Ray told me that a bunch of the other guys that fish Canada don't call in, and just go over there. So I'm still a bit weary on the entire situation and afraid of going over there. And since you know the area up there well, you know there are no fish on the American side.

I salute our neighbors to the north, especially a certain adult establishment in Montreal where I consumed my very first beer. Here's to you, Canada!

Having your first beer in Canada is un-American unless you did it away from mom and or dad. Kidding of course.;)

5K tees, pa pow!
image.jpg

Not to take anything away from that, but I gotta be honest...I was expecting a whole lot more. On the list of things ranging from "a Mountie shot me in the leg" to "a member of the Vancouver Canucks took my sister out to a nice seafood dinner and never called her again" to "they forced Justin Bieber on us", I can't say I ever imagined something fishing license related to cause you to hate the entire country of Canada.

But hey, I've hated things for a lot less than that, so who am I to talk?

I'm with you man. I've had many run ins with Canada, between border patrol (driving from NY to Washington, hitting the border on military orders to Alaska, and being told that I need to turn around and go home, because I didnt have a passport. Fort Drum told me I didnt need a passport, my orders and military ID card would get me through. Dude at the border said he couldnt care less what the American gov says, "You're trying to get into Canada, son" My wife and I sat there for 6 hours. It was stupid as ) and being hassled while on weekend trips. And I only kind of hate Canada.

I have to admit, I have crossed the border longer than most of the Canadian Customs officers have been alive, and I can count a dozen times or more when I got really hassled at the border. They are complete morons. And, I was born and raised in Canada! I married an American gal and moved to the US.One particular time my mother was dying of cancer and I was in a bit of a rush to get home to see her.of course, got pulled in, two hours later I was told I could go, no explanation! I got a little testy and demanded to know why they pulled me in when I have been crossing the same bridge for 35 years. They said they were looking for someone with the same name as me, had a warrant. I asked how they finally decided it wasn't me. They checked the birth dates! Two Fing hours later they check the birth dates! Unreal!! Another time...oh never mind. Morons!

See, that's interesting, I went to the Thousand Island bait store about a month and a half ago and I inquired about it and the people working said that you need to call in when you get there and when you leave, or you will get arrested. And they were very adamant about that.

But at Millens Bay Marina, the owner, Ray told me that a bunch of the other guys that fish Canada don't call in, and just go over there. So I'm still a bit weary on the entire situation and afraid of going over there. And since you know the area up there well, you know there are no fish on the American side.

Not only is this BS killing the fishing , Alex Bay has never been the same since 9/11. What was once a bustling summer destination is now a shadow of its former self. Canadians are scared to death to boat to the US. Don't get me going on the Border Patrol and the Coast Guard.

Not only is this BS killing the fishing , Alex Bay has never been the same since 9/11. What was once a bustling summer destination is now a shadow of its former self. Canadians are scared to death to boat to the US. Don't get me going on the Border Patrol and the Coast Guard.
i can't think of anything better than keeping non basketball playing Canadians from entering the United States.

i can't think of anything better than keeping non basketball playing Canadians from entering the United States.
I guess I should have specified. Border patrol and coast guard hassle the American locals more than anyone else.a constant pain in our a$$.

I'm with you man. I've had many run ins with Canada, between border patrol (driving from NY to Washington, hitting the border on military orders to Alaska, and being told that I need to turn around and go home, because I didnt have a passport. Fort Drum told me I didnt need a passport, my orders and military ID card would get me through. Dude at the border said he couldnt care less what the American gov says, "You're trying to get into Canada, son" My wife and I sat there for 6 hours. It was stupid as ) and being hassled while on weekend trips. And I only kind of hate Canada.
I'm sure everyone has border stories. Mine is that on one weekend, six of us left Oswego to go to a fraternity brother's cottage outside Barry's Bay in the Algonquin National Forrest, a total of about 275 miles from Oswego (a couple hours due north of Kingston). On our way there, we stopped in Watertown as we knew the manager of the Ramada Inn. We got pretty toasted and almost never left Watertown but we did and drove to the border. Some old lady was working the border and six drunken guys in a 1972 Plymouth station wagon pull up reeking of alcohol. She insisted on going through just about everything we had and confiscated one bottle of liquor she found. Fortunately she didn't find the rest of our liquor or our other contriband. It was odd that she didn't care about the eight cases of beer we had, but she wasn't letting us bring liquor over the border. Eventually she let us cross which was fortunate because it turned out to be a very classic weekend. No way that could happen in 2013.

If I were the president, I'd have invaded Canada for its oil and blatant disrespect.

Canadians are afraid to boat in American water too??? At least it's both ways. Never had run ins with BP or CG, not even the DEC. Oddly enough it was the OPP.

Since I am only 25, I have never seen the pre 9/11 tourism up there.

I'm sure everyone has border stories. Mine is that on one weekend, six of us left Oswego to go to a fraternity brother's cottage outside Barry's Bay in the Algonquin National Forrest, a total of about 275 miles from Oswego (a couple hours due north of Kingston). On our way there, we stopped in Watertown as we knew the manager of the Ramada Inn. We got pretty toasted and almost never left Watertown but we did and drove to the border. Some old lady was working the border and six drunken guys in a 1972 Plymouth station wagon pull up reeking of alcohol. She insisted on going through just about everything we had and confiscated one bottle of liquor she found. Fortunately she didn't find the rest of our liquor or our other contriband. It was odd that she didn't care about the eight cases of beer we had, but she wasn't letting us bring liquor over the border. Eventually she let us cross which was fortunate because it turned out to be a very classic weekend. No way that could happen in 2013.

This reminds me of the time that five of my friends and I went into Canada.

Only four of us came back, deciding to never speak of that weekend again.

Canadians are afraid to boat in American water too??? At least it's both ways. Never had run ins with BP or CG, not even the DEC. Oddly enough it was the OPP.

Since I am only 25, I have never seen the pre 9/11 tourism up there.

Cross border commerce has been devastated, especially along the river in the summer

Cross border commerce has been devastated, especially along the river in the summer
Get that dude in your picture (Cavalry) to beat the sheeit out of everyone that gives you trouble.

I imagine it. Everyone is afraid to cross borders. They need to figure this siht out.

Get that dude in your picture (Cavalry) to beat the sheeit out of everyone that gives you trouble.
That's the Right Honorable Federal Court Judge Norman Mordue, recruited by Ernie Davis , he was from Elmira too. Met him at a Rutgurlz game in NJ a couple years ago. He'll of a guy!,he and I were the only Cuse fans in the bar. When he saw me he made a beeline over. Great stories!

The only girl that was so beautiful it intimidated me so much I couldn't talk to her was from Canada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom