OT: Happy Canada Day! | Syracusefan.com

OT: Happy Canada Day!

jekelish

Living Legend
I salute our neighbors to the north, especially a certain adult establishment in Montreal where I consumed my very first beer. Here's to you, Canada!

I salute our neighbors to the north, especially a certain adult establishment in Montreal where I consumed my very first beer. Here's to you, Canada!

Canadian ballet?

And let me just add...
Thank you, adult establishments!

If only there was a dislike button.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I've never had a bad time in Montreal - truly a great city.

I'm going to pull a page out of the Marsh handbook again and say this, F CANADA!!!

I have my reasons and trust me, you don't want to get me started on F Canada!!!

I'm going to pull a page out of the Marsh handbook again and say this, F CANADA!!!

You don't need any reasons. All it is is oil covered with shityness except you Tyler Ennis. You're. Fantastic.

Canada has been very very good to Syracuse athletics.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Well, there is something they haven't been very good to me about.

Without pictures it never happened.

Oh wait, did your girlfriend from Niagara Falls, Ont. break up with you????

Without pictures it never happened.

Oh wait, did your girlfriend from Niagara Falls, Ont. break up with you????

I posted about it when we were on skout. It's a few years old.

I'm going to go ahead and 'slightly' disagree with you there. Um...Yeah.
I think it was about some little filly.

And ever since that incident, this is his reaction if you ever bring up Canada (some NSFW subtitles...that 4evaOrange has quite the sailor mouth!):

Since people are a bit interested, and asking, here is the story.
A few years ago at my camp my uncle and I used to get Canadian fishing license and go fishing over there and make a killing on pike and bass, even walleye at points. But then the incident happened when a BVille guy was fishing and got fined a grand. Had his license and was following the rules.

So since that I have been told they will arrest you if you don't call in to report where you fish, for how long and when you leave to go somewhere else you have to call in to tell them you are moving to. Also call when you decide to leave.
I asked a couple people up there, and said, "well, it seems like they don't want us fishing over there?" They agreed.

Now, my uncle and I were stopped by I think, Ontario Police and question while fishing over there, we were kept for about 20 minutes as they went over everything from bait, safety, coolers, what we were fishing for. Never once did they say we needed to call in and report where we were.

http://blog.syracuse.com/outdoors/2011/06/no_word_yet_on_how_the_canadia.html

I posted this issue back on skout, and someone claiming to be Roy replied to it. If only I could find it, but I cant back that far.

A few years ago at my camp my uncle and I used to get Canadian fishing license and go fishing over there and make a killing on pike and bass, even walleye at points. But then the incident happened when a BVille guy was fishing and got fined a grand. Had his license and was following the rules.

So since that I have been told they will arrest you if you don't call in to report where you fish, for how long and when you leave to go somewhere else you have to call in to tell them you are moving to. Also call when you decide to leave.
I asked a couple people up there, and said, "well, it seems like they don't want us fishing over there?" They agreed.

Now, my uncle and I were stopped by I think, Ontario Police and question while fishing over there, we were kept for about 20 minutes as they went over everything from bait, safety, coolers, what we were fishing for. Never once did they say we needed to call in and report where we were.

I posted this issue back on skout, and someone claiming to be Roy replied to it. If only I could find it, but I cant back that far.

Not to take anything away from that, but I gotta be honest...I was expecting a whole lot more. On the list of things ranging from "a Mountie shot me in the leg" to "a member of the Vancouver Canucks took my sister out to a nice seafood dinner and never called her again" to "they forced Justin Bieber on us", I can't say I ever imagined something fishing license related to cause you to hate the entire country of Canada.

But hey, I've hated things for a lot less than that, so who am I to talk?

And ever since that incident, this is his reaction if you ever bring up Canada (some NSFW subtitles...that 4evaOrange has quite the sailor mouth!):

I can't say how I really feel about Canada, because Bees, CTO, TomCat, OE, and all the rest would ban me...

But you hit the nail on the head.

Not to take anything away from that, but I gotta be honest...I was expecting a whole lot more. On the list of things ranting from "a Mountie shot me in the leg" to "a member of the Vancouver Canucks took my sister out to a nice seafood dinner and never called her again" to "they forced Justin Bieber on us", I can't say I ever imagined something fishing license related to cause you to hate the entire country of Canada.

But hey, I've hated things for a lot less than that, so who am I to talk?

I just don't like them. Now we only fish for about a 3 weeks to 4 weeks in mid to late August.

Ya I remember that. I live on the river and it created quite a stir. Canadian law enforcement was def being ah@les about it. From what I remember, Canadian politicians got involved and the whole thing was resolved. The OPP got their d1cks slapped, and they deserved it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom