OT: How many people here golf? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: How many people here golf?

I've never played Timber Banks, but I've heard good things. Thought about renting an apartment out there when it first opened.

Very tough track. I've played it twice from the back tees in 25 MPH winds and it was about as much fun as watching womens baketball.

Very tough track. I've played it twice from the back tees in 25 MPH winds and it was about as much fun as watching womens baketball.
Not a big fan of elevated, hard pan greens.

Not a big fan of elevated, hard pan greens.

Yea its a really tough course. You really need to hit the ball in certain areas of the green or you have very little chance of 2 putting. I actually witnessed a kid 6 putt from 15 feet in one of the rounds I played there.

I would be interested assuming the course was in the Syracuse area. Since the university owns Drumlins East could it be held there? It sort of a decent course

I hate just about any kind of baketball.

Timber Banks is rough.

Yea its a really tough course. You really need to hit the ball in certain areas of the green or you have very little chance of 2 putting. I actually witnessed a kid 6 putt from 15 feet in one of the rounds I played there.

Riiight... And the other day, a "friend of mine" had to play a hole with his johnson hanging out because "he" didn't get past the ladies tees. ;)

Riiight... And the other day, a "friend of mine" had to play a hole with his johnson hanging out because "he" didn't get past the ladies tees. ;)

Oh I saw it allright. It was in the second round of the post standard tournament last year. Literally six putted from about 50 feet.

Hell in the Camillus Member Guest probably 7-8 years ago I was on the 18th tee and we watched some poor sap probably 8 putt. Pin was up top and he kept hitting it up and it kept rolling back down to him.

Oh I saw it allright. It was in the second round of the post standard tournament last year. Literally six putted from about 50 feet.

Hell in the Camillus Member Guest probably 7-8 years ago I was on the 18th tee and we watched some poor sap probably 8 putt. Pin was up top and he kept hitting it up and it kept rolling back down to him.

Oh, sure - now it's 50 feet! :)

I was just being a wiseass - I definitely believed you saw it. Was just implying that maybe it was you and not "some kid" :)

Oh, sure - now it's 50 feet! :)

I was just being a wiseass - I definitely believed you saw it. Was just implying that maybe it was you and not "some kid" :)

Heh I have certainly had my fair share of FUBARS on the greens!

That's the best Member Guest in town. Most fun anyhow. Obviously, the guy was putting on the first hole. lol.

I have often said that if you put a hidden camera with an open mic near that first green there would be some very entertaining moments captured and a lot of expletives uttered.

That's the best Member Guest in town. Most fun anyhow. Obviously, the guy was putting on the first hole. lol.

Yes he was.

Defending champ BTW ;)

Heh I have certainly had my fair share of FUBARS on the greens!
The people that can't admit that are the ones you never want to play with. And FUBARS don't have to just happen on the green either. :D Even though they seem to somehow be magnified there.

I have often said that if you put a hidden camera with an open mic near that first green there would be some very entertaining moments captured and a lot of expletives uttered.
I played in a tournament once where I teed off first. There was a guy that was videotaping everyone as they teed off on the first hole and I got to watch myself tee off when we got back to the clubhouse after playing. My video begins: "He crushes it" and finishes with: "into the woods".

Yes he was.

Defending champ BTW ;)

It still amazes me that you didn't wear earmuffs playing with Mikey in the members league. lol. And, BTW I think it was DD that got everyone calling you "perennial" after your performances in the qualifier.

Ok spill it. Name please.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

It still amazes me that you didn't wear earmuffs playing with Mikey in the members league. lol. And, BTW I think it was DD that got everyone calling you "perennial" after your performances in the qualifier.
And you are right btw!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

You just watched me? And didn't help?

i was playing a tourney years ago and the guy in the group ahead of us on the first tee, lost his grip and his driver went up into a tree 30-40 yds in front of the tee about 50 ft in the air.. it was still there when the round finished, a huge old tree with no climbable branches.

A few of us are currently working on finding availability at local courses around Labor Day weekend. More to come soon...

Shot 84 from the blue tees at Torrey Pines N. on Wed.

I shot a 72 at Firestone last weekend - on the XBox.
I shot 118 at Brooklawn last week (perfect double bogey round in my first time out this year), and there is no way I am playing in any board outing... unless it is on a friendly par 3 course. (Unless, of course, someone wants a lefty woman golfer with a very high handicap who sometimes gets a nice advantage off the red tees).

I shot 118 at Brooklawn last week (perfect double bogey round in my first time out this year), and there is no way I am playing in any board outing... unless it is on a friendly par 3 course. (Unless, of course, someone wants a lefty woman golfer with a very high handicap who sometimes gets a nice advantage off the red tees).

The women's tee advantage can be good for a team event, and even long drivers are frequently very good putters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom