OT- I Stewart. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT- I Stewart.

But I would still go there for an official visit. I hope this reason was worth it so now your parents have to fly across the country to see you play in person which they probably don't do, when they could just make the drive on the 90 for every home game. Hope that was all worth it. SMH

Completely weak by Stewart. Hopefully he makes the NBA and gets people coming up to him thousands of times (maybe even when he is with family) and see if he takes every picture or signs every autograph. No need for him to air this now and makes him look like a real soft and petty guy

Cuse

For the record I asked Stewart for a picture with my kids last year and he not only took it but talked to them for a few seconds. Granted that might change as he gets older and more famous. He's just a kid telling a true story. JB was at a basketball event not a restaurant there's a time and a place. Could've made an 8th grader's year if he gave 5 seconds of his time.

I’m sure he did, out of multiple personal experiences though I know he often turns people down and can be unnecessarily rude about it. It’s understandable considering the media/public attention he gets, but its not always a good look

That's my take on the matter too. It's understandable but you've got to be ok with the negative perception that comes along. Ran into him once 10-15 years at a hotel lobby in Buffalo during a wedding pre-game. He was waiting in the lobby with his three kids. A few guests asked for pics but he wasn't having it. Bride and groom got one only because they happened to ask once Julie got off the elevator separately. He didn't want to but she gave him the look that many of us have seen ourselves.

I don't think that anyone is angry. Most feel that it's weak/petty/lame, and some are bemused at Stewart vowing revenge (uh, how do you plan on doing that IS?).

Didn't Stewart already get his revenge by turning SU down? JGIII is one of his best buddies from AAU. He would've looked pretty good in orange right now.

My experience with JB over the years when I've had the opportunity to be attending something he is attending such as the NCCA tournament, Big East tournament, various basketball functions/dinners, high school games, etc., etc., I have found him to be fairly accommodating (I've got a few pics of him with one or both of my kids). BUT, whenever I have seen him with his kids/family, its a no no. He considers that family time which he probably relishes since he is gone a lot and has a hectic schedule being a D1 coach.

Didn't Stewart already get his revenge by turning SU down? JGIII is one of his best buddies from AAU. He would've looked pretty good in orange right now.

I guess so, if Stewart would have committed to SU if not for the picture snub.

When I was in 8th grade, I ran into the British Bulldogs at the Detroit Airport. Davey Boy Smith turned down my picture request, and I vowed revenge. Davey Boy passed away a number of years ago. Revenge = exacted.

I guess so, if Stewart would have committed to SU if not for the picture snub.

When I was in 8th grade, I ran into the British Bulldogs at the Detroit Airport. Davey Boy Smith turned down my picture request, and I vowed revenge. Davey Boy passed away a number of years ago. Revenge = exacted.
Well, I'm glad you weren't hoping for more beyond death

Boeheim does this to people who come up to him regularly. He’s a grumpy old man, lets not pretend he isn’t. Doesn’t mean he hasn’t done good things too.

this is weaksauce by Isaiah.
Actually, he's not a grumpy old man in settings when he's not coaching. I've spoken with him many times and he's charming and accommodating and easy going to anyone who approaches him.

That's my take on the matter too. It's understandable but you've got to be ok with the negative perception that comes along. Ran into him once 10-15 years at a hotel lobby in Buffalo during a wedding pre-game. He was waiting in the lobby with his three kids. A few guests asked for pics but he wasn't having it. Bride and groom got one only because they happened to ask once Julie got off the elevator separately. He didn't want to but she gave him the look that many of us have seen ourselves.

Not JB, but a similar story.

During the 2012 season -- when we went 30-1 in the regular season and were a #1 seed -- I went to Boston for the sweet 16 game against Wisconsin / elite 8 game against the suckeyes. My father and I were on the first level at the end of the row on an aisle, and Derrick Coleman was sitting across the aisle one row down.

Before and during the game at every stoppage in play, an endless stream of people came up to DC, asking him for autographs, to take pictures, shaking his head, or just stopping by to talk / tell some story. We're talking an endless flood of fans, from pre-game on. DC was very accommodating, and made time for everybody who came by...

...until down the stretch in the game against OSU, where we were down by a couple of points. With something like three minutes left to go in a close game, some guy came up the stairs and stopped to ask DC to take a picture. An agitated DC shook the guy off, telling him "Not now!" The guy walked away dejectedly.

Was DC a bad guy for doing that, or was it justified given what was happening on the court and his level of engagement with the ongoing game? Seems to me like it was just bad timing.

Ditto this story with IS.

Last edited:
I bet the worst part was that his buddies gave him a hard time (as would I have). If not for that, I bet it wouldn't have been a big deal to him.

During the 2012 season -- when we went 30-1 in the regular season and were a #1 seed -- I went to Boston for the sweet 16 game against Wisconsin / elite 8 game against the suckeyes. My father and I were on the first level at the end of the row on an aisle, and Derrick Coleman was sitting across the aisle one row down.

Before and during the game at every stoppage in play, an endless stream of people came up to DC, asking him for autographs, to take pictures, shaking his head, or just stopping by to talk / tell some story. We're talking an endless flood of fans, from pre-game on. DC was very accommodating, and made time for everybody who came by...

...until down the stretch in the game against OSU, where we were down by a couple of points. With something like three minutes left to go in a close game, some guy came up the stairs and stopped to ask DC to take a picture. An agitated DC shook the guy off, telling him "Not now!" The guy walked away dejectedly.

Was DC a bad guy for doing that, or was it justified given what was happening on the court and his level of engagement with the ongoing game? Seems to me like it was just bad timing.

It's sports - whomever asked to take the picture with DC is the bad guy. What's he dejected over? He shouldn't even be walking around obstructing views in a tight game under 3 minutes! DC could have thrown a beer on him at that point and been in the right.

Did this Steward fellow ask at the end of a close game? We need more details!

"Oh yeah I sure made him regret that alright. When I maintained Cuse in the schools I was considering even after Mike Hopkins went to Washington that was all a ruse! An evil plot! I was never going to go after that photo incident 6 years ago! Even when they were in my final list of schools! It was just an evil plan to keep Syracuse from recruiting other big men! A punishment to fit the crime I say! A Stewart never forgets I tell you! Ha! Muahahahahaha!" - Isaiah Stewart probably

I'm sure there are exceptions, but pretty much nobody who rejects a photo is a bad guy for doing that.

He's a human being, living his life. He doesn't want to be in your stupid photo. Leave him alone, get a hobby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom