OT - Italian restaurant? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Italian restaurant?

Add Francesca's and Casa di Copani to the list. No losers here.

IMO copanis went downhill. i used to go there every friday night with my family when i lived there and every sunday night with my grandfather while i was at cuse. was my favorite restaurant in the world b/c of all the family memories i have there.

disappointing.

i just ate at casa di copani's recently and as always the meal was excellent. my neighbor is in love with their vodka sauce.

Francesca's is good but i cant hear anything, the accoustics suck. For casual Italian i would say Rico's, Santegellos on old liverpool road or Twin Trees. Asti's is awesome but i dont consider it casual.

Francesca's is good but i cant hear anything, the accoustics suck. For casual Italian i would say Rico's, Santegellos on old liverpool road or Twin Trees. Asti's is awesome but i dont consider it casual.
Yeah. Casual it's hard to beat Rico's or Delmonicos

I know Bayonne has a 9-10 year old boy...what places are good for bringing kids (i.e. Kid's Menu)

TexanMark said:
I know Bayonne has a 9-10 year old boy...what places are good for bringing kids (i.e. Kid's Menu)

Thanks Mark, Matty is 10, but well behaved. I asked for casual meaning jeans and such. Don't want to be turned away from anywhere because I'm wearing a long sleeve Nets t shirt.

The family wants Italian tonight in Syracuse. Any suggestions, must be casual. Thanks
Best red sauce and pizza in town is hands down Angottis. Very casual with limited but very inexpensive menu. Ricos has the best veal parm in syracuse. Dominicks is worse than Olive Garden these days. Either Joeys (Pronto upstairs is casual) you can't lose. Grimaldis (the original someone is asking about is gone on erie blvd and now a mediocre place), but the daughter has a decent place over off carrier circle of same name. Sphag. warehouse is basic and one notch above Olive Garden. Santangelos is awesome and last time I was there so was JB. Avacollis in Lpool is casual and very good. Casa di Copani has fallen as someone mentioned. You're good with anyone of the local places mentioned.

Rosalie's is my fave...but not inSyracuse. Totally worth the drive to Skaneatles though.

BTW, thanks guys...I'm so wanting some Italian Food now and stuck in Texas. F'ers...:D

Best red sauce and pizza in town is hands down Angottis. Very casual with limited but very inexpensive menu. Ricos has the best veal parm in syracuse. Dominicks is worse than Olive Garden these days. Either Joeys (Pronto upstairs is casual) you can't lose. Grimaldis (the original someone is asking about is gone on erie blvd and now a mediocre place), but the daughter has a decent place over off carrier circle of same name. Sphag. warehouse is basic and one notch above Olive Garden. Santangelos is awesome and last time I was there so was JB. Avacollis in Lpool is casual and very good. Casa di Copani has fallen as someone mentioned. You're good with anyone of the local places mentioned.

So says Solazzo The Turk. And you know what happened to him, right? ;)

Unfortunately the only two times I have been to Rico's I had absolutely HORRIBLE service and have never been back because of it. The manager blew us off essentially. Didn't even comp one of our meals. We sat and weren't served our meals for nearly 90 minutes. A party of 15-20 came in after us (we were 5), and they were finishing desert by the time our meals hit the table. My father in law RIPPED their manager as we were leaving. He's from NYC and has been to some of the staples over the years, so he knows good service. He blasted the guy, essentially saying they should be ashamed of how they treated us as customers and that their reputation certainly demanded better customer service. He was livid. I had to drag him out of there.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the suggestions. If any of you are getting together tomorrow afternoon pre game, please let us know.
Thanks again.

Unfortunately the only two times I have been to Rico's I had absolutely HORRIBLE service and have never been back because of it. The manager blew us off essentially. Didn't even comp one of our meals. We sat and weren't served our meals for nearly 90 minutes. A party of 15-20 came in after us (we were 5), and they were finishing desert by the time our meals hit the table. My father in law RIPPED their manager as we were leaving. He's from NYC and has been to some of the staples over the years, so he knows good service. He blasted the guy, essentially saying they should be ashamed of how they treated us as customers and that their reputation certainly demanded better customer service. He was livid. I had to drag him out of there.

Yeah, I tried that place years ago and didn't like it. The food was, at best, average and I felt like I was eating at a diner. I'll give it another shot, though, and try the parm. It better be good or I'm sending your fil out there.

Thats too bad about your Rico's experience. If Steve was the manager, I'd be surprised you were treated so poorly. They really do have the best chicken riggies and veal parm in the cuse. The service could definitely be improved

LOL. Any options outside Olive Garden and Carrabas?

Not really...they have some Mom and Pop places but they just don't feel authentic...missing the NY/NJ attitude and way about to run a place. Really hard to get authentic when most places are in strip centers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom