OT: Ithaca College | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Ithaca College

Is The Haunt still around? Maybe they have an open mic night.

(I'm sure that it probably closed around 1998 or something!)

I think that's where Mason used to perform with his band.

Is The Haunt still around? Maybe they have an open mic night.

(I'm sure that it probably closed around 1998 or something!)
The Haunt is closed. The original W Green St location closed years ago and has been demolished. The Haunt Waterfront moved to a new location and is called something else now.

The Haunt is closed. The original W Green St location closed years ago and has been demolished. The Haunt Waterfront moved to a new location and is called something else now.
I was there back in the days of the Dugout and Farmers and Shippers, so it’s been a few years.

The Dugout’s Last year was my HS senior year. My frosh year at IC thrum senior year it was American Pie. I’m sure nothing changed but the name back in our day!!

Louis Krasner (deceased 1995), a leading classical violinist, was professor of music in the SU School of Fine Arts from 1949 to 1972. It was a big deal to have him on campus. Does SU still have that position filled? I don't know.

I was there back in the days of the Dugout and Farmers and Shippers, so it’s been a few years.

Farmers and Shippers... haven't thought about that place in awhile!

Farmers and Shippers... haven't thought about that place in awhile!
It was my favorite off the beaten path establishment. The bartender was easy on the eyes as well.

Millhouse is a great example, he’s an excellent musician, is active in the music scene but outside the profession he chose to follow in college.

Just don't have him play Canon in D at your wedding, unless the bride and her dad are prepared to crawl down the aisle.

Everyone just standing around thinking 'is he ever going to stop playing this song?' They started passing out cocktails.

My apologies to SU91 for either hijacking, or at the very least, taking part in the hijacking of this thread. I really loved my time at IC. I love the school, the area, and the many friends that I made that I still keep in contact with to this day.

This thread is taking me back...
Proud Bomber, Class of '91
...may or may not have spent some time in the aforementioned establishments;)
I was a patron of the Bomb Shelter, TJ Tuesday's, American Pie (Dugout renamed), & Plums. Many times all four in the same night!

I was a patron of the Bomb Shelter, TJ Tuesday's, American Pie (Dugout renamed), & Plums. Many times all four in the same night!
Quarters at the Shelter, Nickels at Tuesday's, Group Therapy at Dunbar's (Cornell) - or so I was told by someone at the time...:cool:

Spent a lot of time down there in early 90's. My then-best friend's sister went there. IC had a general SUNY vibe. The dorms, mainly, I mean.

The Haunt was awesome. Saw many cool bands there , but they were the kind that didn't play in Syracuse because of one of SU's hideous flaws - Z89 (WAER had been alternative, until going jazz). No proper college/alternative radio station at SU. Just a lot of Tiffany, and maybe some U2.

I was surprised that Desert Shore stocked as many collegy records as they did.

My brother had surgery in Ithaca a few years ago. While he was in, I swung by Shortstop Deli for an Italian sub. I think about it daily. That sub alone would make me want to go to college in Ithaca.
When I lived on the lake, I used to swing by the Shortstop on the way back from campus, or a night on the town. Along with Kases and Kegs in Syracuse, probably the best deli sandwiches I’ve had. This opinion could very well be influenced by the time of day/night that I frequented these places and the condition that my condition was in.

Just don't have him play Canon in D at your wedding, unless the bride and her dad are prepared to crawl down the aisle.

Everyone just standing around thinking 'is he ever going to stop playing this song?' They started passing out cocktails.
All true, they took three steps, then everyone looking at me to end. I hate that song anyway

My brother had surgery in Ithaca a few years ago. While he was in, I swung by Shortstop Deli for an Italian sub. I think about it daily. That sub alone would make me want to go to college in Ithaca.

Got nothing on IC, but I'm going to be at a work conference in Ithaca this summer and you've given me a head start on a food itinerary!

Got nothing on IC, but I'm going to be at a work conference in Ithaca this summer and you've given me a head start on a food itinerary!
There is (was?) a great little Mexican restaurant opposite Simeon’s just off the Commons. Simeon’s was also a good place to eat as well.

Thanks to everyone for your responses and insightful information. It’s appreciated.

It came down to Ithaca and Berklee School of Music. Ithaca College it is!
It's a Great Day To Be A Bomber!! Welcome aboard!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom