Class of 2020 - OT James Pogorelc (VA) Offered | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 OT James Pogorelc (VA) Offered

I will say again. This kid right now is better than the kids I have seen lined up at T for Syracuse during the 2019- 20 football year. To clarify if you swapped him out for those guys we might have given up 7 sacks instead of 8 during that three game stretch. He might have 1 less holding call than Vetto so far. I bet Mich UCLA Stanford NC Tenn NCST AZST etc etc all agree which is why the are trying to land him.

You might not think Pogo is better than Vetterllo, Bergeron, Ryan Alexander, Tisdale, Froumy,Dakota Davis, Patrick Davis etc etc etc. I bet Mich UCLA TENN and the other 15 P5 teams that offered him do.
Why would those teams recruit him based on how he compares to our current OL guys? That seems stupid.

Why would those teams recruit him based on how he compares to our current OL guys? That seems stupid.
The point was those teams want a talent like Pogo not the projects we have currently. But not right now Syracuse basketball is on. Lets go Orange!!!!

The point was those teams want a talent like Pogo not the projects we have currently. But not right now Syracuse basketball is on. Lets go Orange!!!!
You're acting like this kid is a consensus 5 star, not a 260 pounder that's going to need a year or two of S&C before he's ready to play. Not one of the programs you listed would start this guy as a true freshman.

Did I miss something. I didn't see him commit or sign anywhere today.
I mean, if he were to commit to Cuse I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Would jump the class up to around 44 in 247 team rankings

Have you heard any news?

No. It's just how some folks were ranting, constantly, about him I thought for sure he would have been committed and signed today.
Weighing his options? Probably seeing who signs where and evaluating position depth after?

Michigan is full

Stanford has room but took two OT rated higher and a guard and center

He'd be our highest rated kid

UNC has 26 commits? So that's a likely no

Virginia only has 13 commits. One is a very highly rated OT and they also grabbed a center.

So, based off his interest list, it could be Virginia, Stanford, Cuse?

Last edited:
I’m actually shocked that he didn’t sign today.

I don’t think he’s orange bound yet but this has to help them out

unless he’s number 19

I only say that because bleich is the assumed 19. But technically his was a commit and not a NLI which they said they had received 19 NLI’s.

if they were counting commits we were at 20 which includes the kid who committed from Carolina...

We are still in the running. Nothing has changed on his side. Still Stanford as favorite. Kid might shock a lot of people and go to a Ivy. Not getting my hopes up here. It seems we already signed a flipped kid that is the type of recruit HCDB is used to at this position

Maybe waiting to see if he qualifies academically for Stanford?

I could see that and didn't that happen to West the SU former WR? He couldn't get into Stanford and then decided on SU?

Yes, I believe you are right and wasn't there a DB and then he become a rapper or something?

I don't know but that would be fascinating to go from almost getting into Stanford to becoming a rapper and not going to any school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom