OT: Jamesville-DeWitt benches basketball star after third felony charge | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Jamesville-DeWitt benches basketball star after third felony charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely disagree, we are not talking about a constitutional right to play basketball. It is a privilege. Any kid who wishes to participate needs to respect himself and the school he represents. Multiple felony charges should not be ignored just because basketball may represent a productive activity, which it obviously hasn't been for this kid.

Hope the kid can straighten himself out, but not by having institutions coddle and ignor criminal behavior.
If in today's high schools teachers aren't allowed to fail students (might hurt their psyche and self astem, you know) then shouldn't a kid with felony charges be allowed to play ball? Don't agree with any of it. What happened to zero tolerance? Can't call a kid name but allow an alleged felon in the school? Personally, I would lead the charge to fire the principal and hc, and see that the kid is expelled to keep him away from my kid, especially if he really doesn't live in the district.

i caught 4 kids breaking into my house last spring on camera and had the principal ID them. show the tape to police and guess what ? one was starting QB for our high school team this fall.
But didn't they make him sit out the 1st half!!

Beat me to it.

Sealed record and jail during the weekends doesn't benefit anyone. This wasn't his only offense. He was part of a strong arm robbery and stole a car. That's three felonies at the age of 16. Some of these judges do more harm than good.

I was wondering why I saw a like for my last post. Wow. Given chance after chance and he still blew it to no one's surprise.

His next chance will come in his 30’s. Hope he takes that one.

I’ll take “Things a melon would post on a message board” for $600, Alex.
I didn’t check, but if I look up “melon” on Urban Dictionary, would it say “racist”.

I didn’t check, but if I look up “melon” on Urban Dictionary, would it say “racist”.
Just checked.

No. Uses the “R” word, which I find repulsive.

Fortunately Urban Dictionary isn’t the be-all and end-all of contextual vocabulary.

Status
Not open for further replies.