Class of 2025 - OT Jayden Mann (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (7/11/24) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 OT Jayden Mann (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (7/11/24)

Can’t believe what I’m about to type, but 6’4 seems short for the type OTs that Fran has been bringing in (247 and On3 have him listed at that height).

Are we looking to bring him in as a Guard?
From Mann's comments no. The staff knows he is a bit shorter but with his athleticism they want him to come in as an OT.

From Mann's comments no. The staff knows he is a bit shorter but with his athleticism they want him to come in as an OT.
Interesting. Not doubting the talent at all, kid would just (amazingly) be an outlier size wise in this class.

We already have three 6’7 OTs and one 6’6 OT committed.

We laugh at how persnickity NFL teams get on hand and arms measurements, but those inches can make a big difference.

Hope he picks Cuse and has a Pugh like career!

Last edited:
On 247's profile page they list him as 6'-4" up at the top but have 6'-5" listed down below in his scouting report.
Also Rivals lists him at 6'-5"

Well, looks like some intrigue on the pick. I'm here for it!

chair.gif

Ehh some times we have propensity to over critique. There is a lot to like about this recruit. Given how long the line has been a weakness, this class of oline coupled with our transfers on the oline in 2024 have positioned us to be much stronger.

6'4" is tall enough for an OT, especially if he's good
I agree, not trying to disparage the kid at all - he seems like a real player and has a ton of great offers.

It just seemed like Fran had established a philosophy for his OTs, considering thus far his recruited OTs have been 6’6 (two), 6’7 (four), and 6’8 (one).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom