OT: Jeremy Lin may be Houston-bound | Syracusefan.com

OT: Jeremy Lin may be Houston-bound

Knicks should let him go. He was flavor of the month at the end of last season, but the month has changed...the flavor will too.

No way. Who else is out there? Just a bunch of guys we want to back up Lin? I dont want Kidd, Felton or Lowry running the starting point on the Knicks. I'll take any of them backing up Lin, but thats about it.

Alan Hahn is saying Knicks will absolutely match poison pill contract.

My prediction. Knicks match offer and sign Lin. Knicks sign Felton or Kidd as backup pg. Knicks make a creative move to bring in another player.

Now that Nash is in LA the Knicks might give Sessions a look even if its just to back up Lin.

My prediction. Knicks match offer and sign Lin. Knicks sign Felton or Kidd as backup pg. Knicks make a creative move to bring in another player.

They could do a sign and trade for a $6 million player without including Shump. So I would think they try and do that

Lin was a bench player who showed he might have more potential. He is still not, and probably never will be, a top line player. The Knicks need a proven point guard among several other things.

Knicks have to re-sign Lin, they have ZERO point guards on the roster right now. Looks like they are the front runner for Raymond Felton, but if he's in the same shape he was in when he was in Portland, he's nothing more than 15-20 min. a game player.

Lin has a lot of flaws, but he can make open shots and he can create offense. Needs a lot of work in a lot of areas, but he's a hard worker and is willing to give effort. Wish the same could be said for a lot of NBA players.

Lin was a bench player who showed he might have more potential. He is still not, and probably never will be, a top line player. The Knicks need a proven point guard among several other things.

I agree about Lin, but who is available at this point?

Maybe I'm a biased Knicks fan, but I feel like people are going too far the other way on Lin.

He was basically a rookie PG who averaged 20 points and 8 assists per 36 minutes last year on pretty good efficiency. (55% true shooting). Turnovers were definitely a problem, no question. But I think he is a pretty good player. Not an all star (though I wouldn't be surprised if he gets voted in), but a pretty solid player, and the Knicks have no one else anway.

According to anyone who knows anything about the Knicks in the NY media this morning, Knicks will match any deal given to Lin and are likely to (re)sign Felton to back up Lin.

Kidd re-signing with Mavs...so they are handcuffed and have to pay Lin. I'm sure Carmelo is thrilled...

Kidd re-signing with Mavs...so they are handcuffed and have to pay Lin. I'm sure Carmelo is thrilled...
Carmelo pushed for Lin to start last year. Carmelo, Chandler and Woodson all met with Lin for a couple days just 2 weeks ago. Did Carmelo kick your dog? What is with your constant hating on him?

How crazy is this thread? Talking about Jason Kidd as a backup to Jeremy Lin. Talking about a Hall of Famer as a backup to a kid who played for a heartbeat this season and who may or may not be a decent pro although it remains to be seen if he can make it through an entire season without breaking down. I know Kidd ain't the guy he used to be, but he's been a pro for 18 years!

There is no way in hell Carmelo wants Lin as the point on this team. No one could convince me of that..

We'll see how it works.

How crazy is this thread? Talking about Jason Kidd as a backup to Jeremy Lin. Talking about a Hall of Famer as a backup to a kid who played for a heartbeat this season and who may or may not be a decent pro although it remains to be seen if he can make it through an entire season without breaking down. I know Kidd ain't the guy he used to be, but he's been a pro for 18 years!
I want Lin and Felton. Kidd can go back to Dallas. Nash is the only elderly pg I wanted but for Shump it was a toss up.

I want Lin and Felton. Kidd can go back to Dallas. Nash is the only elderly pg I wanted but for Shump it was a toss up.

As long as Felton is the back up and only becomes the starter if Lin struggles. I had enough of Felton jacking up bad 3 pointers a few years ago.

I assume the talk is Felton at the mini MLE?

As long as Felton is the back up and only becomes the starter if Lin struggles. I had enough of Felton jacking up bad 3 pointers a few years ago.

I assume the talk is Felton at the mini MLE?
Yea, I would love to work out some kind of trade that would leave the mini mid level for Camby but maybe the Knicks can work something out for someone else to help the frontcourt assuming JR resigns.

Actually nevermind. Alan Hahn is reporting that Knicks are trying to work out a S&T with Portland for Felton with TD/Gadzuric/Jerome Jordan/cash going to Portland.

Knicks should definitely re-sign Lin, he showed enough to be a very good PG in the league, IMO.
Also, why anyone would think Melo has a problem with Lin is beyond me & just fodder from TMZ-like gossip sites.
Melo was the one who lobbied DAntoni to play Jeremy Lin and all indications are that with a full season, the team chemistry would improve. Citing unsubstantiated and refuted drama, for drama's sake, is so...pedestrian.

No way. Who else is out there? Just a bunch of guys we want to back up Lin? I dont want Kidd, Felton or Lowry running the starting point on the Knicks. I'll take any of them backing up Lin, but thats about it.

Alan Hahn is saying Knicks will absolutely match poison pill contract.

Kyle Lowry is far better than Jeremy Lin.

Having said that, I think it's a pretty sure thing that the Knicks will match Houston's offer.

Kyle Lowry is far better than Jeremy Lin.

Having said that, I think it's a pretty sure thing that the Knicks will match Houston's offer.

True but do the Knicks have an avenue of acquiring Lowry?