OT: Jeremy Lin may be Houston-bound | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Jeremy Lin may be Houston-bound

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...icks-reach-raymond-felton-mean-jeremy-lin-mix

Knicks won't match Houston contract. It would tie them up too much in the third year with a 14+Million contract.

It really doesn't tie up anything. Most of NY's contracts come off the books at the same time so all it does is cost Dolan big tax money and the guy has shown in the past that he is not against big spending. I'd rather see him sign Lin and try him out with this team. If he doesn't cut it, he becomes a really nice expiring contract to trade in year three, and as this year has shown, its nice to have that contract to match up in trades for other big contracts. Maybe the kid plays well and you either keep him or are able to trade him for someone else after the date he can be traded. Better to get some assets back than to let him walk for nothing. I see it as a low risk move to bring him back. Whatever tax money he cost will be made up with marketing money. The guy is a cash machine on a global scale.

The Knicks are meeting with Grant Hill. Have to imagine with Hill being a 2g that its curtains for Lin in NY. If he signs that makes 3 pgs and 3 sgs on the roster. Felton/Kidd/Prigioni. JR/Shump/Hill. I agree with alphaorange, Lin is an asset who you can resign. Even though you will pay a huge tax in year 3, he will still make you equivelant money off the court and hes always a piece you can use in a trade. If they let him walk, I have to imagine they always kind of wanted to go in a different direction basketball wise and are using the year 3 bump to use as an excuse. You dont say you will match any contract up to a billion dollars then balk at a restructured contract, hide from being delivered the offer sheet, and sign Ray Felton. Very strange.

Jason Kidd/Grant Hill/Kurt Thomas/Marcus Camby might be our bench along with Novak and Shump (in January). Haha, they all still have game but wow.

Knicks are fighting for the 2002 NBA title with Camby and Kidd. Maybe they try to nab Spree and Anthony Mason also...

This team is too old! you have 3 guys pushing 40!
Yea, but they arent starters. Thats fine for bench players who had solid years last year playing more minutes than they probably play this year.

Grant Hill should also sign with the Knicks Monday or Tuesday.

couchburn
Even though that makes the average age of the Knicks about 75, I would love that. I really want Lin re-signed but if they sign Grant Hill I love the makeup of this team.

Felton/Kidd
Jr/Shump
Melo/Hill
Amare/Novak
Chandler/Camby

That could be the Knicks lineup going into the playoffs. That team, under Woodson, is beast defensively assuming Amare can just be an average defender. Offensively, you can see the direction they are taking with a ball control, slower tempo, Amare/Melo-centric offense with 2 pg's who are pass first.

They are going to have to move the game times for Boston/NY games to 5pm starts. Lot of guys who need to be to bed by 9pm.

I didn't want Lin back at the 28 for 4 yrs, and with the new deal good luck in Houston. The Knicks have paid too many people in the past, who have not proven anything. You pay an allstar guard 14.5 million,not someone who played 25 games and was injured.

Haven't read this entire thread but if this is true I hate it so much.

Dolan has thrown away millions and millions of dollars on terrible teams in the past; why not spend a lot of money for a good team?

That could be the Knicks lineup going into the playoffs. That team, under Woodson, is beast defensively assuming Amare can just be an average defender. Offensively, you can see the direction they are taking with a ball control, slower tempo, Amare/Melo-centric offense with 2 pg's who are pass first.

Felton doesn't really strike me as pass first. He shot way too much the first time we had him.

I disagree on the defense; Amare will never be average defensively, Felton is chunky, and Melo is just eh. They were good defensively last year; I'm not saying they won't be good but I'm not sure they wull be dominant

I'm so frustrated right now.

Yea, but they arent starters. Thats fine for bench players who had solid years last year playing more minutes than they probably play this year.

Until someone pulls something, basketball is a young mans game. rolling the dice on 3 guys is too much to me

Yes, Felton isn't all that good either. True shooting% below 50 for his career. If he is your backup, no problem.

I just can't believe they would do this. It makes no sense. The only real chance they have of beating Miami is if Lin was somewhat for real.

joy - jkidd arrested for a dwi... lets add even more drama ..

Until someone pulls something, basketball is a young mans game. rolling the dice on 3 guys is too much to me
Well Shump comes back in January, but then again hes coming off an inury. Lin hasnt exactly shown himself to be durable either though.

Yes, Felton isn't all that good either. True shooting% below 50 for his career. If he is your backup, no problem.

I just can't believe they would do this. It makes no sense. The only real chance they have of beating Miami is if Lin was somewhat for real.
I like that Felton plays defense, which gives us 2 solid defenders at pg and when Shump comes back, 2 solid defenders at sg. If Felton starts jacking up shots like he did in his first NY stint I will want to kill him, but I have to believe he knows his role in coming back.

Oh yay! Melo has spoken! "It's not up to me. It's up to the organization to say that they want to match that ridiculous contract. I'd love to see him back, but I think he has to do what's best for him right now."

I like that Felton plays defense, which gives us 2 solid defenders at pg and when Shump comes back, 2 solid defenders at sg. If Felton starts jacking up shots like he did in his first NY stint I will want to kill him, but I have to believe he knows his role in coming back.

I don't remember him being a great defender; but maybe I'm wrong. He's going to need to lose some weight.

I can't imagine Felton shooting as much as he did the first time around in NY, since Melo is here to go along with Amare.

If they let Lin go, I just feel like they lost the upside. The only real chance they have of beating Miami is if Lin is a star. I'm not saying he is, but he flashed the star potential. Felton will never be a star. If they end up matching Lin anyway, I'm fine with Felton in a lesser role.

Seems to me that the Knicks will go something like 52-30 and maybe win a round in the playoffs. Which is cool, it's been too long since that happened, but I don't see much more than that.

Isola is reporting that Grant Hill is looking at the Knicks.