OT: Jeremy Lin may be Houston-bound | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Jeremy Lin may be Houston-bound

True but do the Knicks have an avenue of acquiring Lowry?

I'd assume not, especially with the Rockets losing out on Dragic. But if the Rockets would be down for a sign and trade that would send Lin to Houston and get Lowry back, I'd do that all day if the Rockets were willing.

I wasn't saying the Knicks could realistically acquire him. I was just pointing out that Lowry is definitely better because the guy I quoted was saying he'd rather have Lin.

I'd assume not, especially with the Rockets losing out on Dragic. But if the Rockets would be down for a sign and trade that would send Lin to Houston and get Lowry back, I'd do that all day if the Rockets were willing.

I wasn't saying the Knicks could realistically acquire him. I was just pointing out that Lowry is definitely better because the guy I quoted was saying he'd rather have Lin.

Oh sorry about that; yeah, I thought it was more in reference to Lin being the best guy the Knicks could get, which is what I was thinking. But yeah, you're right, I thbink Lowry is better than Lin.

Only problem is once Lin signs the offer sheet you can't sign and trade him. Though that technically can't happen until 7/11 anyway.

Great get for the Knicks. Kidd is still one of the top 15 Pg's in the league, or right on the fringe.

Great get for the Knicks. Kidd is still one of the top 15 Pg's in the league, or right on the fringe.

Ehh... dude's afraid to take an uncontested layup nowadays.

Ehh... dude's afraid to take an uncontested layup nowadays.

I thought he would stay in D town with Dirk but I guess he saw the writing on the wall with Deron not going to play there and took another option. The Knicks need a respected leader on the court and Jason Kidd will provide that. Those guys will listen to him.

The knicks now should sign Felton, and let houston obsorb the backloaded contract. With lin you have a guy, who the 1st time he got minutes ends up hurt. The knicks don't need another contract, backloaded with someone who might not be able to stay healthy.

Knicks and Celts both 12-1 to win the title in Vegas... get those bets locked and loaded. All it takes it a couple injuries to Durant and Lebron...and boom!

Theyre saying the Kidd deal will probably be a sign and trade which frees up the mini mle for Camby perhaps. Lin-JR-Melo-Amare-Chandler. Kidd-Shump-Novak-Camby. Ill roll with that into the playoffs. On paper they have as much talent as anyone, lets see if it translates with playing time.

Theyre saying the Kidd deal will probably be a sign and trade which frees up the mini mle for Camby perhaps. Lin-JR-Melo-Amare-Chandler. Kidd-Shump-Novak-Camby. Ill roll with that into the playoffs. On paper they have as much talent as anyone, lets see if it translates with playing time.

Interesting. I guess if they get Camby that'll work.

I'm not sure I agree with the last part, but they look like they will have pretty good depth at least. (i mean maybe they have more good players than Miami, for instance, but that doesn't really matter. If they play Miami in a 7 game series tomorrow they are big time dogs).

The question the rest of the league will now have to answer in a 7 game series against the Heat is... what the hell do you do with Lebron in the post? Let him go one on one and get 40 pts...or double him and have him get 15 assists on you? I guess you double him and hope the shooters are off like the Thunder tried in Game 5. He shredded everything thrown at him this year.

I think Ray Allen will stay in Bean town for the money and his buddies, but imagine the proposition of having him getting 5-6 wide open 3 point looks every night for Miami? What a weapon that would be to add to their perimeter.

The question the rest of the league will now have to answer in a 7 game series against the Heat is... what the hell do you do with Lebron in the post? Let him go one on one and get 40 pts...or double him and have him get 15 assists on you? I guess you double him and hope the shooters are off like the Thunder tried in Game 5. He shredded everything thrown at him this year.

I think Ray Allen will stay in Bean town for the money and his buddies, but imagine the proposition of having him getting 5-6 wide open 3 point looks every night for Miami? What a weapon that would be to add to their perimeter.

I think that is it. I don't think you can single him in the post. You have to hope that the Battiers and Chalmers of the world have some off nights and you can get 4 out of 7.

With that said, if I'm OKC, on the offensive end, I'm giving the keys to Durant and telling him to shoot 25 - 30 times a game. I don't care if he doesn't want to or thinks it hurts Russ, he needs to be averaging 35+ just to have a chance.

They didn't even need someone like Allen, because Mario Chalmers was unconscious, Shane Battier was unconcsious .. even their center, Chris Bosh, was hitting everything until the last game.

This is to your point about what you get if you double LB ... there's nothing you can do when every guy on the team is scoring, and in the few moments when LB isn't scoring, DW IS scoring. Crazy.

Please get rid of JR.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

With the early Birds rights ruling, I imagine Novak will certainly be back in blue and orange, right? Hopefully he learns how to shoot with people near him. He looked a little scared (to put it lightly) in the playoffs.

Novak will be back unless he gets a crazy offer, I'd think

I gotta say, I subscribe to updates from Jeremy Lin on my Facebook and he is one funny guy.

They just released the Sports Illustrated "Body" issue in which Tyson Chandler is naked holding a basketball over his junk and Jeremy Lin posts the picture on Facebook with the headline "Why is Magic Mike holding a basketball??". Hahaha.

I gotta say, I subscribe to updates from Jeremy Lin on my Facebook and he is one funny guy.

They just released the Sports Illustrated "Body" issue in which Tyson Chandler is naked holding a basketball over his junk and Jeremy Lin posts the picture on Facebook with the headline "Why is Magic Mike holding a basketball??". Hahaha.
425073_202603276534907_1957264848_n.jpg

So, a team cuts Lin because he can't see the floor (making peanuts) and now they want to sign him for a ton of money? Bad GM or what?

In other words - he was a flash in the pan story and not worth overpaying for.

So, a team cuts Lin because he can't see the floor (making peanuts) and now they want to sign him for a ton of money? Bad GM or what?

In other words - he was a flash in the pan story and not worth overpaying for.
26 games is a flash in the pan? Its not like he had a good week, then fell off the map.

I think it's really dumb that Phoenix had Dragic, traded him away and bring him back for $$$ and Houston had Lin, waived him and are now trying to bring him back for $$$.

I think whoever signs Lin is going to overpay. IMO, he's a backup point guard a la JJ Barrea. I understand the Knicks might be under public pressure to sign, but they'd be better off letting him go. Could I be wrong? Absolutely. But it is far more damaging to sign a bad player than to pass up a good one.