OT: Jeremy Lin may be Houston-bound | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Jeremy Lin may be Houston-bound

I think whoever signs Lin is going to overpay. IMO, he's a backup point guard a la JJ Barrea. I understand the Knicks might be under public pressure to sign, but they'd be better off letting him go. Could I be wrong? Absolutely. But it is far more damaging to sign a bad player than to pass up a good one.

Actually in this case I disagree. Knicks are capped out the next 3 years. If they don't get Lin, they don't get anyone. He played really well last year, he is young, and he's also a money making machine. Why not bring him back?

I feel like the backlash on Lin has gone too far. He isn't as good as the Linsanity period, but he had good numbers as a 23 year old, basically a rookie.

Actually in this case I disagree. Knicks are capped out the next 3 years. If they don't get Lin, they don't get anyone. He played really well last year, he is young, and he's also a money making machine. Why not bring him back?

I feel like the backlash on Lin has gone too far. He isn't as good as the Linsanity period, but he had good numbers as a 23 year old, basically a rookie.

And people give up on young PGs way too early. It's an incredibly tough position to learn quickly in the NBA.

I would worry about the Lin/Kidd combo against the Heat or Brooklyn...but they should be fine to get a 4th/5th seed in the East this season. Take a crapshoot on beating Indiana in the first round and then man up to try and beat the Heat again.

Sounds like Lin is actually going to Houston......

Its being reported the Knicks are signing Ray Felton?

Lots of people confused right now.

Yup Lin secretly met with Houston to restructure the deal to price NY out and the Knicks were pissed about it reportedly!

Yup Lin secretly met with Houston to restructure the deal to price NY out and the Knicks were pissed about it reportedly!
Im at a bar in Queens right now and I think the entire place is going to burn down MSG if Lin is, in fact going to Houston.

Isola and Stein reporting Knicks sign Felton and Thomas in S&T for Gadzuric and Jeffries.

If the Knicks match Houston's offer and keep Lin, combined with this move, then Glen Grunwald is goin H.A.M. on the rest of the league this offseason. If they let Lin walk...well then I imagine this is the reaction we will see in NY at some point this week.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...icks-reach-raymond-felton-mean-jeremy-lin-mix

Knicks won't match Houston contract. It would tie them up too much in the third year with a 14+Million contract.
They would probably have to pay 2.50 on the dollar for whatever amount they are over, which would be alot with Lin getting 14 mil plus in that 3rd year.

Some dirty moves being done by GM's this offseason. Houston's GM reportedly desperate for a pg after "losing" all his pg's, oh im sorry you "lost" all your pg's, did the magical point guard fairy snatch them away OR did you trade them all away like an idiot?

They would probably have to pay 2.50 on the dollar for whatever amount they are over, which would be alot with Lin getting 14 mil plus in that 3rd year.

Some dirty moves being done by GM's this offseason. Houston's GM reportedly desperate for a pg after "losing" all his pg's, oh im sorry you "lost" all your pg's, did the magical point guard fairy snatch them away OR did you trade them all away like an idiot?
Sounds like Lin was pushing for the restructuring of the contract it doesn't sound like he wanted to be in new york.

as crazy as all this has been i have to wonder if this is about loading up on assets to make a run at cp3.. i hope not.. its a clusterphuck as it stands now. if they match lin, the clips struggle, does it become one big blockbuster trying to move lin, amare, and a young asset for cp3??

as crazy as all this has been i have to wonder if this is about loading up on assets to make a run at cp3.. i hope not.. its a clusterphuck as it stands now. if they match lin, the clips struggle, does it become one big blockbuster trying to move lin, amare, and a young asset for cp3??
No one in their right mind would make that trade! Amare has the 2 worse contract in the NBA right now.

I still want them to match Houston's offer and sign Lin, but that being said, a line-up of Felton/JR/Melo/Amare/Chandler makes sense with the "slow it down" offense and what would seem to be a very good defensive unit under Woodson. Kidd/Shump/Novak/Thomas/Camby is a pretty nasty bench. On paper this looks like an old-school gritty Knicks team.

I still want them to match Houston's offer and sign Lin, but that being said, a line-up of Felton/JR/Melo/Amare/Chandler makes sense with the "slow it down" offense and what would seem to be a very good defensive unit under Woodson. Kidd/Shump/Novak/Thomas/Camby is a pretty nasty bench. On paper this looks like an old-school gritty Knicks team.

This team is too old! you have 3 guys pushing 40!

No one in their right mind would make that trade! Amare has the 2 worse contract in the NBA right now.

oh i agree.. just trying to gather what is going on here.. so you overload on guards who all want significant pt? lin, kidd,felton, the argentinian, jr,shump(jan), white... just seems like a haul to be used for a move later in the season.

One of the worst backcourts in the NBA.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

oh i agree.. just trying to gather what is going on here.. so you overload on guards who all want significant pt? lin, kidd,felton, the argentinian, jr,shump(jan), white... just seems like a haul to be used for a move later in the season.
Lin is not coming back

curious.. can they retract the offer to work a s@t with ny for lin? maybe for like courtney lee and markief morris?

One of the worst backcourts in the NBA.

I like JR, I think hes going to be alot better this year. Notice, he is the only guy on NY who is playing for a discount because he wants to be here.

I agree that Felton/Kidd isnt elite, but its not bad and JR/Shump (when healthy) is a really talented SG duo.

curious.. can they retract the offer to work a s@t with ny for lin? maybe for like courtney lee and markief morris?
No, once Lin signs (which he has) that option is off the table.

I like JR, I think hes going to be alot better this year. Notice, he is the only guy on NY who is playing for a discount because he wants to be here.

I agree that Felton/Kidd isnt elite, but its not bad and JR/Shump (when healthy) is a really talented SG duo.

I am not a fan of Smith at all. He ia a gunner that occasionally gets on a hot streak. When you think id food NBA 2G's, you don't think Smith.

no they can't and if NY signed Lin they couldn't trade him until Jan 15th. He is gone

the houston GM is doing nothing more than exploiting the system that the league and players agreed on.

they had to trade lowry because he and mchale hate each other.

dragic wont be as big a sell in that market as lin would be with the huge asian population houston has