OT kinda: do cuse fans want UConn in ACC? | Syracusefan.com

OT kinda: do cuse fans want UConn in ACC?

Husky Fan

Walk On
Hello am Husky fan. I was curious if you guys still wanted to play us. Mostly in BB but we've hade some great games over the years, and if we don't get to play much after you guys leave, imo that would suck. Also good luck vs UL Hope you guys pull out a victory!

Hello am Husky fan. I was curious if you guys still wanted to play us. Mostly in BB but we've hade some great games over the years, and if we don't get to play much after you guys leave, imo that would suck. Also good luck vs UL Hope you guys pull out a victory!
No, No.

Not just "no", but "absoultely no. Ever."

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Better off asking this on the basketball board. I'd like UConn in the ACC for basketball...football not so much.

From a logical standpoint, the answer would have to be NO. The logic from a basketball perspective is that if UConn is left in the Big Least, they will be playing against inferior teams. It will become more difficult for them to get good recruits, as the teams that the kids will want to play, are in other leagues. As their recruiting dries up, it frees up more recruits in the NE for SU. (Having said this, the number of kids that both schools compete for has been steadily declining in recent years as SU has been able to recruit across a much broader area.)

The same could slightly be said for football as well, though, in reality, the schools don't really compete very much for recruits.

Therefore, from a purely logical standpoint, it is easy to say no.

From the illogical standpoint, many, including myself feel as Jekelish stated above.

LGO!

As things stand right now it'd have to be no. If things were to change it'd probably be hell no.

Yes, because I enjoy the bball wars that the two teams often have.

Do not care about UConn football whatsoever, I've never been excited for that game and won't miss that at all. But bball is a different story.

And I understand the "leave them out so they can't recruit" but I'm not too worried about it. Cuse is going to load up regardless. So whether UConn is strong or not, I don't really care. It's not like football where we need to worry about those things, hoops wise we'll get our recruits regardless.

Better off asking this on the basketball board. I'd like UConn in the ACC for basketball...football not so much.

i said yes because of the bball rivalry but also because the su @ uconn fball game is my favorite road trip. easy drive, convenient hotels and a great tailgate situation for visitors. i'm also one of the few that doesn't mind their football stadium. kinda neat imo.

Yes for me -- I like regional rivalries. I'm not sure why people don't. The fact that I hate uconn is exactly why i want them in the acc.

i said yes because of the bball rivalry but also because the su @ uconn fball game is my favorite road trip. easy drive, convenient hotels and a great tailgate situation for visitors. i'm also one of the few that doesn't mind their football stadium. kinda neat imo.

Yeah, actually having a team located in the northeast is a novelty at this point. Something we should cherish.

Pencil me in for a big "YES" as well.

Here's why...

I'm a Yankees fan and as much as I may hate the Red Sox, I love that there is a Red Sox to loathe. That's what makes it fun.

UCONN is my NCAA Red Sox

Also, as a few others have said, regional rivalries are great for football and there's no denying Cuse vs UCONN hoops is an event every time the two teams match up.

Could care less that some feel UCONN in ACC makes it tougher on Cuse to recruit... Fact is, if our coaches do their jobs, it shouldn't be a problem.

It's gonna happen... Just wish it were sooner than later.

No. But I do think it will come down to that eventually. At some point, I think there is a reasonable chance that both Yukon and WVU, or wvu and Cincy end upon the ACC.

I would happily trade BC for UConn but don't see the need for both so no to the ACC but I would hope we continue playing in hoops at least.

Yes. The closest thing we'll have to a rival in basketball in the ACC is Pitt or Louisville. The schools that so many are excited to play, UNC and Duke, will never consider us a rival. UConn would give us a more traditional rivalry with sporting hatred on both sides. I'm not worried about recruiting competition. Would Duke ever want to push UNC out of the ACC to gain a recruiting advantage, or vice versa? No.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom