OT kinda: do cuse fans want UConn in ACC? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT kinda: do cuse fans want UConn in ACC?

I want UConn in the ACC! There are a lot of reasons, another northern team, a rival, block the BIG from locking down the tri state area, another top 20 bball program along with another local game.

No. But I do think it will come down to that eventually. At some point, I think there is a reasonable chance that both Yukon and WVU, or wvu and Cincy end upon the ACC.
this does not leave room for ND, unless they went beyond a 16 team conference, so unlikely.
It has to be ND and then someone else...

Yes the only school I want to continue to play in basketball is UConn, and would rather it be in the ACC. We need at least 4 schools that were from the Big East not ACC to be strong in Football, and Basketball. That would be Syracuse, Louisville, Pittsburgh, and UConn. Beat up their football teams and imagine the semi-finals of the ACC tournament, Pitt-Louisville, and Syracuse-UConn. The rest of the ACC would have a heart attack.

Hello am Husky fan. I was curious if you guys still wanted to play us. Mostly in BB but we've hade some great games over the years, and if we don't get to play much after you guys leave, imo that would suck. Also good luck vs UL Hope you guys pull out a victory!
I want UConn in the ACC. There is the argument that marginalizing the Huskies basketball and football programs by leaving them in a bad conference will help Syracuse by hurting UConn. It might be true.

But I think we can beat UConn consistently with the schools on equal footing. I want a strong rival that is located close to Syracuse. I think we can feed on each other and drive each other to higher levels, like we have done in basketball. That is never going to happen with BC IMHO.

We need a rival. UConn fits the bill. I hope someday it happens.

Much rather have UConn then BC who sucks at everything, never been good at basketball had some decent seasons in the Big East in football, but Miami, Virginia Tech, and Syracuse were the best 1991-2003.

Take UConn...we need some close rivals and also UConn helps deliver the NYC market for the ACC.

yes,it would be great for the northeast and choke off rutgirls and the big ten and get some serious ties to sny

this does not leave room for ND, unless they went beyond a 16 team conference, so unlikely.
It has to be ND and then someone else...

You assume nd is joining. I assume they will not, and will just continue to play a limited ACC schedule.

I would happily trade BC for UConn but don't see the need for both so no to the ACC but I would hope we continue playing in hoops at least.

I am in the opposite camp. I would much rather have BC (which we do now) than UCONN. Far longer history playing them in football than our basketball history. Just my opinion.

Hello am Husky fan. I was curious if you guys still wanted to play us. Mostly in BB but we've hade some great games over the years, and if we don't get to play much after you guys leave, imo that would suck. Also good luck vs UL Hope you guys pull out a victory!

Yes

No. Simply because it would mean the ACC was raided again.

I admire UConn for how fast they built up their football program, but that also means if someone needs to be left out it's only fair it's them.

You assume nd is joining. I assume they will not, and will just continue to play a limited ACC schedule.
I forget who they were, but ND will stop playing games against some pretty big rivals of their's to begin playing this initially limited ACC schedule. I don't think they do this unless they have a bigger plan.

No. Dilutes the northeast talent pool (limited pool that it is), so one less mouth to feed.

Rutgers finding a home was bad enough.

No. Dilutes the northeast talent pool (limited pool that it is), so one less mouth to feed.

Rutgers finding a home was bad enough.

Exactly. End of subject.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Yes. They are our rival. More so then Gtown in my opinion.

I definitely want UCONN to be with us. I was raised on the Big East. I considered the conferance to be the BEAST. With the Cuse being the Ice BEAST. UCONN was the BEAST of New England. Sadly for me we are going from the BEAST to an acc (ass). But I digress. I looked at the Big East as a family. Our family. The only time I hated any of them was when we were playing that team. As such, I want each of our former Beasties to succeed. If UCONN was with us, then well, we put the fear of God into those blue bloods!

id play uconn in bball every few years but no in football unless its in conjunction with nd joining in full with them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom