OT kinda: do cuse fans want UConn in ACC? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT kinda: do cuse fans want UConn in ACC?

Of the "realistic" options, I'd rather have UConn than Cincy.

But it's all moot until ND decides to join fully, which isn't a given.

Cheers,
Neil

They are going to have a very hard time getting in now, if nobody else leaves the ACC. Unless ND were to join full time, and, want them as No 16, I don't know that they'll ever get the votes.

BC for sure isn't going to vote for them. The main football schools...FSU, Miami, Clemson, Ga Tech, and, VPI...are not going to vote for them, either. Neither will NC State. Maybe not Wake Forest, either. Thats half of the league right there.

I'm going to say no but it would have been yes if not for their nitwit fans.

^^^^^
Wait, Wake Forest, What?

When ND comes all in, I think it comes down to geography. Does the ACC want to become more northeastern (UConn) or more midwestern (Cincy)?

No. Dilutes the northeast talent pool (limited pool that it is), so one less mouth to feed.

Rutgers finding a home was bad enough.

Rutgers will never be able to compete in the Big 10. They are now "Northwestern - East".
But otherwise I strongly agree.

We're on the Football board. So no. Please god if I have to watch UConn's offense one more time I might kill myself.

^^^^^
Wait, Wake Forest, What?

When ND comes all in, I think it comes down to geography. Does the ACC want to become more northeastern (UConn) or more midwestern (Cincy)?

When ND comes in we are poaching a program from another conference.

Count on it. My $ is on Texas. If ND keeps some of their NBC money then you might as well let the Horns do the same.

Texas academically would love to be aligned with good academics only Baylor is ACC level in the Big 12.

Whenever I start to think that UCONN would be a decent addition to the ACC, I go to The Boneyard and read for 3-7 minutes and remember my hatred for them. When I saw this thread, I went over and did a little reading. Safe to say, it's a resounding no from me forever.

Whenever I start to think that UCONN would be a decent addition to the ACC, I go to The Boneyard and read for 3-7 minutes and remember my hatred for them. When I saw this thread, I went over and did a little reading. Safe to say, it's a resounding no from me forever.

I think they've got really good fans, and I like a lot of them. It's just better for our program that they be left behind. Nothing personal, although I never liked Calhoun. Really disliked him, which made it that much tougher to see his teams do better than us in the tournament.

I think they've got really good fans, and I like a lot of them. It's just better for our program that they be left behind. Nothing personal, although I never liked Calhoun. Really disliked him, which made it that much tougher to see his teams do better than us in the tournament.

I'm the opposite. I tend to hate every one of their fans that I come across and as much as Calhoun was a , he was a fun figure to hate. I always liked the Boeheim vs Calhoun match-ups. Do i think he was shady? Yes, but I enjoyed the games from a spectator viewpoint. But, that said, football runs the conference realignment fiasco and I never enjoy the games vs. Uconn. I much preferred Louisville, WVU, Pitt, and even the Rutgers & OOC Northwestern games we've had over the past couple years over the Uconn games.

The rivalry was fun in basketball but I honestly overlook them in terms of football in terms of me getting excited to watch the games. And now that Calhoun is gone, it has started to lose its appeal and I am starting to loom past those basketball games too.

I'm the opposite. I tend to hate every one of their fans that I come across and as much as Calhoun was a , he was a fun figure to hate. I always liked the Boeheim vs Calhoun match-ups. Do i think he was shady? Yes, but I enjoyed the games from a spectator viewpoint. But, that said, football runs the conference realignment fiasco and I never enjoy the games vs. Uconn. I much preferred Louisville, WVU, Pitt, and even the Rutgers & OOC Northwestern games we've had over the past couple years over the Uconn games.

The rivalry was fun in basketball but I honestly overlook them in terms of football in terms of me getting excited to watch the games. And now that Calhoun is gone, it has started to lose its appeal and I am starting to loom past those basketball games too.

I enjoyed our football game against uconn last year so much that I think we should them as our fcs opponent this year.

Yes for hoops, no for football and not if it will drive away marquee programs from the ACC. So I don't know. Let's say... maybe.

Hello am Husky fan. I was curious if you guys still wanted to play us. Mostly in BB but we've hade some great games over the years, and if we don't get to play much after you guys leave, imo that would suck. Also good luck vs UL Hope you guys pull out a victory!

No.

Hello am Husky fan. I was curious if you guys still wanted to play us. Mostly in BB but we've hade some great games over the years, and if we don't get to play much after you guys leave, imo that would suck. Also good luck vs UL Hope you guys pull out a victory!

If BC doesn't want you, why would Syracuse?

If BC doesn't want you, why would Syracuse?
no F storz, theyre useless.

we already have new england with the beantown clowns, dont need a bunch of cowtippers too.

would rather have had rutgers, but that ship has sailed. i hope storz' sinks.

id like cincy now. gets us into Ohio.

Oh Lord

UConn in a second. But no one should be surprised. We need another regional rival. Pitt and BC aren't doing it for me.

Absolutely yes. Why lose a rivalry so many on both sides have such passion for.

UConn in a second. But no one should be surprised. We need another regional rival. Pitt and BC aren't doing it for me.
I am shocked.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom