OT- Knicks playing pretty well so far nm | Syracusefan.com

OT- Knicks playing pretty well so far nm

Am I crazy or this the most god-awful officiating ever? Not in favor of the Knicks or Heat, just awful in general.

They are playing Lin really tight and he is turning it over a ton but the rest of the team is playing well. Like a playoff game.

Am I crazy or this the most god-awful officiating ever? Not in favor of the Knicks or Heat, just awful in general.
pretty lame yes

The technicals on Chandler and D'Antoni were stupid. Lots of other missed calls too. (the no-call that resulted in Chandler's T, the goaltend by Jeffries, etc.)

Yes - those two technicals are basically the difference in the game.

I cant stand watching the pro game today. While the individual skill level is amazing the lack of effort on the defensive end makes it look like a Rucker League game. No team play on O or D. If it weren't for Lin & Melo I would not be watching

I think my favorite call of the night was the travel on Novak. Sure he travelled, but at one point LeBron did a spin move, and ran at least 4 steps carrying the ball before the next time he dribbled, but that wasn't a travel.

I'm fine with the lack of traveling calls, but not if they're going to go and call it on poor Novak for a nothing travel where he lifted his pivot foot. Dude needs every advantage he can get - let him run up the court w/out dribbling for all I care. :)

Lebron was complaining but no technical on him.

I cant stand watching the pro game today. While the individual skill level is amazing the lack of effort on the defensive end makes it look like a Rucker League game. No team play on O or D. If it weren't for Lin & Melo I would not be watching

The Knicks just played a game last night...in your world, you want everyone to slap the floor like a Dukie on every D possession. It's just not realistic w/ the NBA schedule. If you have a hard on for defensive effort...watch the NBA playoffs. The defense is amazing...see Miami/Dallas or Miami/Chicago last year.

Danger time after three quarters down 14. Knicks don't have the cohesiveness yet. Also Lin has some learning to do still only 10 or so games into his NBA career. Must cut down on turnovers. Still like him tho.

Danger time after three quarters down 14. Knicks don't have the cohesiveness yet. Also Lin has some learning to do still only 10 or so games into his NBA career. Must cut down on turnovers. Still like him tho.

I like the kid a lot as well, Miami really upped the pressure on him early and was pretty physical with him. I haven't seen every game since he came on, but I haven't seen another team knock him around this much.

What does everyone think of Baron thus far?

I like the kid a lot as well, Miami really upped the pressure on him early and was pretty physical with him. I haven't seen every game since he came on, but I haven't seen another team knock him around this much.

Agree, they are keying on him and he's got to be really tired from all the pub.

If I'm the Knicks I let JR Smith run the show until he misses. When he's hot he can get you a ton of points in a hurry.

He's playing really well thats for sure. I think when the knicks get the pieces working together they will be a tough out.

How anyone could complain about a lack of defensive effort in that game is beyond me. The heat were all over Lin and basically bitch slapped him around. Compare that game to the one we had to suffer through last night. No contest.

Someone asked about Davis; you can see he can make some nice passes, but he just shoots too much.

The big difference between the Heat's two stars and the Knicks two stars is defense. The effort on both ends by Lebron and Wade is ridiculous. And even when his shot isn't falling, Lebron chips in with 9 boards, 8 assists and 5 steals. Defense isn't sexy, but it's the Heat's best attribute.

19 fast break points - that's defense turned into sexy offense.

Lebron, Wade, and Chalmers are ridiculously quick on the perimeter. It's almost unfair.

I will add that their Anthony made a ton of nice defensive plays as well.

There has to be something going on with melo, He thrives for games like these. He hasn't looked like himself all season except for the season opener.

There has to be something going on with melo, He thrives for games like these. He hasn't looked like himself all season except for the season opener.

I thought my man looked pretty good. He's trying to blend and not be such a ball dominant 3. I thought he was moving well without the ball. I was a little surprised that Miami decided not to double Melo...but they followed Lin on every pick and roll. Thats a new twist..."go ahead Melo..take the jump shot..you are only shooting 40% anyway".

I just hope we haven't seen the peak of Melo's game...I expect he'll make adjustments and get back to being mentioned right in the same breath with Lebron and Durant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom