OT: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Foot | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Foot

I hope my wife isn't some elaborate hoax...seems like the chances of him not being in on this are about 1%

Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown
University Spokesman | Assistant Vice President
Not the first ND coverup.

Notre Dame Statement: Manti Te’o

On Dec. 26, Notre Dame coaches were informed by Manti Te’o and his parents that Manti had been the victim of what appears to be a hoax in which someone using the fictitious name Lennay Kekua apparently ingratiated herself with Manti and then conspired with others to lead him to believe she had tragically died of leukemia. The University immediately initiated an investigation to assist Manti and his family in discovering the motive for and nature of this hoax. While the proper authorities will continue to investigate this troubling matter, this appears to be, at a minimum, a sad and very cruel deception to entertain its perpetrators.

Dennis Brown
University Spokesman | Assistant Vice President

That's complete BS.

From Deadspin - suppose the South Bend Tribune got this origin story from ????
Nov. 28, 2009: Te'o and Kekua meet after Stanford's 45-38 victory over Notre Dame in Palo Alto, according to the South Bend Tribune: "Their stares got pleasantly tangled, then Manti Te'o extended his hand to the stranger with a warm smile and soulful eyes." Kekua, a Stanford student, swaps phone numbers with Te'o.

That's complete BS.

Nov. 28, 2009: Te'o and Kekua meet after Stanford's 45-38 victory over Notre Dame in Palo Alto, according to the South Bend Tribune: "Their stares got pleasantly tangled, then Manti Te'o extended his hand to the stranger with a warm smile and soulful eyes." Kekua, a Stanford student, swaps phone numbers with Te'o.
Agreed. I believe that Te'o went to ND to try to save face and blame someone else, but he got in too deep with a lie and has no way to get out of it. This whole story is bizarre.

That's complete BS.

Yeah, I'm hung up on that too. Supposedly the kid and the girl are in a relationship, but then the school says that he never met her because she was a fictional person?

Yeah, I'm hung up on that too. Supposedly the kid and the girl are in a relationship, but then the school says that he never met her because she was a fictional person?
His parents talk about her vacationing in Hawaii. But they now claim she doesn't exist?

Not one mention of this on the World wide leader website, yet they have a story about Roger Springfield

Not one mention of this on the World wide leader website, yet they have a story about Roger Springfield

Not to stick up for ESPN, but Yahoo sports doesn't have any mention either. And in fairness to ESPN, Tony and Wilpon just discuessed it on PTI. It will definitely be on their website soon. I'm sure they are just crossing t's and dotting i's at this point.

As we learn that it was all ND's idea for positive publicity. Any help in the polls to get in the NC game.

I'm joking btw.

Not to be cynical, but this Springfield story couldn't have come out at a better time for SU in terms of national perception and publicity. "This Te'o" is trending worldwide and is blowing up the internet.

As someone who doesn't care and hardly read the article, if this started in 2008 then I don't see how it could be marketing for a heisman. Was he even good then? Seems more likely he's just gay.

Noooo way! Notre Dame would never do something like this nor would someone as noble as Teo. Of course not!

images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom