OT: Michigan St in hot water | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Michigan St in hot water

Dominoes are falling everywhere, MSU's Athletic Department is going to be a wasteland.

This story is going to be a monster.

Dantonio, Izzo...there’s someone at the door for you...

ArtTfEc9.jpg
It's ovaaaa for Sparty

The Michigan St President resigned yesterday the AD today. The university is doing a house cleaning.
The only problem is they are a few years too late, but at least it is a start, now the coaches need to go.

On the Nassar scandal, from yesterday's NY Times (certainly applies to the other MSU sports): it's "about negligence and the incalculable harm caused by institutions that seem to prize self-preservation above all."

A good comeback to a PSU apologist, too.

Izzo isn't going anywhere. Using that logic, Boeheim would have been gone after the allegations Flynn, Scoop and Rick Jackson had brought up against them or when Devendorf got into it on Marshall and down by Haven Hall.

d'Antonio is in hotter water.

Flynn and Co. had video that showed the girl was a willing participant. That's why there was minimal fall out on that. They got in trouble for sharing the video.

The NCAA already stated that molesting a child wasn't in their wheelhouse, see Penn State, so they won't do anything to Michigan St either, not their wheelhouse.
That's the problem.

This stuff has been happening for years, everywhere. And it’s 100% the right thing to do the right thing now.

No more protecting kids for this behavior, no matter their role or importance to an institution.
We need to stop treating them like kids and hold them accountable like the adults they are.

Not to derail the thread, but...

PSU - slap on the wrist + apology
Miami - walks
UNC - walks
MSU - walks for 8 years (and maybe more)

SU - bows down and gets annihilated.

It's better to be late than never ... we should sue

Last edited:
Wonder what Q and Branden Dilley has to say about the ongoing DC/FBI investigation of NCAA sports. Cryptically I've heard that smelly stuff is getting really close to hitting the fan. Puns intended. Disinfection of Indianapolis will occur. Emmert is the grandest corrupt enabler of all.

Last edited:
Not to detail the thread, but...

PSU - slap on the wrist + apology
Miami - walks
UNC - walks
MSU - walks for 8 years (and maybe more)

SU - bows down and gets annihilated.

It's better to be late than never ... we should sue

I’ve wondered if when JB retires he will sue them in some fashion. Maybe just to get the wins back, but I’ve never felt like he’ll just walk away from it. His silence now i believe is only about protecting his employer.

The NCAA can say that this is not their jurisdiction but failing to take some any, any action, to stop the abuse of young students is wrong. How can these people even live with themselves?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom