OT: Michigan State's November schedule = insane | Syracusefan.com

OT: Michigan State's November schedule = insane

Eric15

Living Legend
They played #10 Arizona in Hawaii on Friday. They play #2 Kentucky at MSG tomorrow night. And then they're at #1 Duke on November 29th.

I don't think they're very good either. Not a typical MSU team.

This is how they usually get a high seed. Play a crazy non conference schedule and even if you don't win you will be rewarded. Think they got a 1 seed with 9 losses once.

That schedule will make them better, Bridges is really good.

Meh, I tend to believe that's a myth that people have bought into.. They wanted Andrew White so he could play PF for them. They have no size. Not your typical Izzo team.

Meh, I tend to believe that's a myth that people have bought into.. They wanted Andrew White so he could play PF for them. They have no size. Not your typical Izzo team.

Its a little different, but would you be surprised at all if they wound up in Glendale? They also have a couple guys out right now.

I don't think they're very good either. Not a typical MSU team.
I think they will be fine. Bridges is the real deal and Schilling and another center Grad Transfer is hurt. They are starting a 6' 6" guy at the 5.

Its a little different, but would you be surprised at all if they wound up in Glendale?

Yes I would with this team.

BTW Syracuse has been to more final fours this decade and more tournament wins this decade than Michigan State does. Everyone keeps buying the narrative though.

Yes I would with this team.

BTW Syracuse has been to more final fours this decade and more tournament wins this decade than Michigan State does. Everyone keeps buying the narrative though.

I would never bet against Izzo.

State went to the Final Four in 2010 and 2015 and we went in 2013 and 2016. Izzo has 16 tourney wins this decade to Boeheim's 15.

State went to the Final Four in 2010 and 2015 and we went in 2013 and 2016. Izzo has 16 tourney wins this decade to Boeheim's 15.

09-10 is this decade? Ok, i'm fine with that, but people on this board every year act like Michigan State is outworldly great comparatively to us. It's just a tiring narrative that's old and I don't really believe the schedule helps them (just my opinion).

If you want to go back 15 years, Izzo has lost in the first round 5 times. Boeheim has lost 3. They've made 4 final fours and we have made 3 winning a title.

There really is no right or wrong way to make a schedule. It doesn't guarantee them anything. They could lose in the first round like last year.

If you want to go back 15 years, Izzo has lost in the first round 5 times. Boeheim has lost 3. They've made 4 final fours and we have made 3 winning a title.

That's inconvenient for State that their title 16 years ago doesn't make the cut. ;)

They played #10 Arizona in Hawaii on Friday. They play #2 Kentucky at MSG tomorrow night. And then they're at #1 Duke on November 29th.

They want to make sure they have a really low ranking so they don't lose in the first round again.

I would say they always improve over the season and obviously the schedule early on helps them. Let's not forget their early exit was as improbable as our F4 run. What's fair is fair. They have been incredibly consistent and solid.

I would say they always improve over the season and obviously the schedule early on helps them. Let's not forget their early exit was as improbable as our F4 run. What's fair is fair. They have been incredibly consistent and solid.

I'm envious of what Izzo does and will never forget what happened in 2010.

Many Syracuse fans blame our early exit on the Onuaku injury. Kalin Lucas tore his Achilles during that same tournament but Michigan State, with a worse seed than we had, got to the Final Four.

Apples and oranges, maybe. But I think the 2010 experience says something about both coaches' philosophies.

Last edited:
I'm envious of what Izzo does and will never forget what happened in 2010.

Many Syracuse fans blame our early exit on the Onuaku injury. Kalin Lucas tore his Achilles during that same tournament but Michigan State, with a worse seed than we had, got to the Final Four.

Apples and oranges, maybe. But I think the 2010 experience says something about both coaches' philosophies.

Good points. Forgot about that Kalin Lucas injury.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom