OT - NYK | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT - NYK

Refs have been ATROCIOUS in this Knicks/Memphis game. I feel like I'm watching Cuse/OSU all over again.

I actually think they've done a great job all things considered. This is what happens when a team just posts up every possession and the opponent has no answer but to wrap them up.

I actually think they've done a great job all things considered. This is what happens when a team just posts up every possession and the opponent has no answer but to wrap them up.
3 Technical fouls and a Flagrant. Melo/Tyson/Rasheed all in foul trouble halfway through the third? How was that JR Smith foul a flagrant? Even Woodson got T'ed up.

refs started the game letting memphis be more physical on d.. melo mugged and no calls early.. refs ruined this one

HAHAHAHAHAA. Marc Gasol running out of bounds throws the ball over the backboard and obviously its a foul on the Knicks.

3 Technical fouls and a Flagrant. Melo/Tyson/Rasheed all in foul trouble halfway through the third? How was that JR Smith foul a flagrant? Even Woodson got T'ed up.

1. If they're getting T'd up, maybe they should shut their mouths and play basketball.
2. Personally, I thought JR's foul was just him taking his anger out on Tony Allen, but it could be argued both ways.
3. Like Hubie just said, completely blatant foul that Sheed just had on Gasol and he starts mouthing off trying to say he didn't do anything. Either the Knicks flat out don't realize how much they're mugging the Grizzlies frontcourt, or they're just being ignorant tonight. The only thing the refs have really screwed up tonight was that tip-in that Tony Allen had.

1. If they're getting T'd up, maybe they should shut their mouths and play basketball.
2. Personally, I thought JR's foul was just him taking his anger out on Tony Allen, but it could be argued both ways.
3. Like Hubie just said, completely blatant foul that Sheed just had on Gasol and he starts mouthing off trying to say he didn't do anything. Either the Knicks flat out don't realize how much they're mugging the Grizzlies frontcourt, or they're just being ignorant tonight. The only thing the refs have really screwed up tonight was that tip-in that Tony Allen had.
Umm no. Hubie said the Knicks havent adjusted to the way the game is being called. (Which is anytime a Knick touches someone its a foul while Memphis is allowed to rape Melo)

this was a physical but clean first half.. even the jr incident was pretty mild.. refs forced the issue .. refs and grizz went on a run.. and the knicks now have to play catch up.. just as im getting psyched to watch the knicks finally playing better im reminded why i like college hoops so much better.. oh wait.. besides the osu ripoff

why is it some ppl on here get such big kicks from disagreeing with everybody? i dont get it...

Hubie just validated every Knick fan screaming about the refs when he said "Memphis is dealing with the physical play, but you could say well theyre getting all the calls, but when they do get called theyre not arguing too much"

Umm no. Hubie said the Knicks havent adjusted to the way the game is being called. (Which is anytime a Knick touches someone its a foul while Memphis is allowed to rape Melo)

AKA mouthing off pretending that they didn't do anything when it's blatantly clear that they did.

And yeah, the Grizzlies are just mauling Melo while he loses control of his dribble or just misses layups. Melo's just playing like a b**** tonight and the Knicks as a collective whole are playing god awful on both ends.

AKA mouthing off pretending that they didn't do anything when it's blatantly clear that they did.

And yeah, the Grizzlies are just mauling Melo while he loses control of his dribble or just misses layups. Melo's just playing like a b**** tonight and the Knicks as a collective whole are playing god awful on both ends.
Blatantly clear to apparantly only you.

thanks for making my point even clearer

why is it some ppl on here get such big kicks from disagreeing with everybody? i dont get it...

Maybe because from time to time, not everybody agrees with everything that happens in the game of basketball?

We see the game differently. I see a team that's doing a fantastic job of running in transition and posting up every possession, hitting open guys for layups, or backing their man in until the defense is forced to foul while the other team is struggling to handle the ball, forcing shots, not making the open shots they do get, playing lazy defense, not getting back on defense, and reverting back to all of their old bad habits. It's no surprise that it's turned into a blowout.

You see two teams that are apparently playing just as well as one another, but the refs are just handing the game to the Grizzlies. I just don't see how that's the case at all.

Can you at least admit that Melo is getting manhandled by Randolph and Gasol? He's been hooking their arms all night.

Maybe because from time to time, not everybody agrees with everything that happens in the game of basketball?

We see the game differently. I see a team that's doing a fantastic job of running in transition and posting up every possession, hitting open guys for layups, or backing their man in until the defense is forced to foul while the other team is struggling to handle the ball, forcing shots, not making the open shots they do get, playing lazy defense, not getting back on defense, and reverting back to all of their old bad habits. It's no surprise that it's turned into a blowout.

and my point is your not the voice of reason.. yet nearly every thread your jumping all over someones opinion as though its invalid.. whether its cuse , the knicks or whatever..

i mean no disrespect.. just something i noticed.. the knicks stopped playing well once the whistle benefitte the grizz.. the first half was well played.. the refs changed this game.. the grizz benefitted .. thats how i see it

and my point is your not the voice of reason.. yet nearly every thread your jumping all over someones opinion as though its invalid.. whether its cuse , the knicks or whatever..

I say the Knicks are mouthing off and have earned their technical fouls and that JR Smith's flagrant could go both ways; the response is that any time a Knick player touches a Grizzly, it's a foul, but the Grizzlies can do anything they want to Melo and it's clean.

I'm sorry, but that is flat out wrong.

Saying that I think Dion Waiters will end up somewhere between Rodney Stuckey and James Harden production-wise is apparently attacking someone, but coming at me and saying that I'm a hater and I have a grudge against him is being the voice of reason.

I don't even know what else we've disagreed over, but that happens from time to time, and I don't believe that I've been disrespectful in explaining my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't realized it if I have. But just because I don't say every player that has played for Syracuse is amazing or if the Knicks lose, it's because the refs suck and has nothing to do with how awful they've played tonight doesn't mean that I'm trying to attack you guys. I just don't see the game the same way that you do.

i mean no disrespect.. just something i noticed.. the knicks stopped playing well once the whistle benefitte the grizz.. the first half was well played.. the refs changed this game.. the grizz benefitted .. thats how i see it

That's fair. But I think what Hubie said earlier in the 3rd quarter about the Knicks coming out struggling shooting the ball in the 2nd half and letting their frustrations take them out of the game is also true. I just think the Knicks lost focus tonight.

Edit: I'll try to be a little more careful to make sure that when I do disagree with you guys, I'm not being disrespectful about it. I'm sorry if I have been because I honestly didn't realize.

Sidenote: Wow, Felton just made a beautiful pass to Chandler.

Memphis played out of their effin minds tonight, they didnt need the game changing referee fiasco that was the entire 3rd quarter.

Yep. Melo has to learn, just because he is smaller, doesnt mean the refs are going to let him bear hug bigs on the block. Not sure why he was so surprised on the foul calls.

I love Rasheed Wallace's enthusiasm and fountain of youth moment...but...calm down sir! This isn't Rucker Park. You can't call the refs "ing crazy" and get away with it.

Still, despite the loss...I believe the Knicks are right where they want to be. Imagine when they get back Shump and Amare? You are talking about 11 players who would be in ANY teams main rotation in the league. They are loaded for bear and they are the best defensive team in the league.

As much as we cringe about Amare coming back, he would be big in a game like last night. No idea why Melo was on Gasol but when Amare comes back the Knicks can go big and you would have Chandler/Amare to take on ZBO and Gasol, freeing up Melo to not have to guard one of those freakin mountain men.

FYI Ed Malloy was the ref during the Miami blowout playoff game in which Shumpert went down, which ironically is the last time the Knicks lost their cool and ended up getting T'ed up and having call after call after call go against them.

The Knicks definately let the refereeing get to them, but when Woodson is even getting T'ed up I think theres some merit to it. The whole first half both teams were playing big boy basketball. It was playoff intensity and every announcer/halftime analyst loved it...then in the 3rd quarter after JR and Bayless got into it, the refs decided to call anything and everything and whether it was warranted or not, the majority of those calls went against the Knicks (calls that went uncalled in the first half). The Knicks never adjusted and began mocking the refs and arguing everything but when Hubie Brown is even admitting one sided calls, you know something is up.

JR Smith did not flagrantly foul his man on the dunk attempt. Rasheed had an obvious all ball block in which the refs called a foul and Rasheed got T'ed up. The Rasheed foul on Gasol as Gasol threw it over the backboard wasnt a foul in the first half and isnt a foul in most physical games, but obviously it was in that 3rd quarter. The Melo/Tyson fouls were all questionable fouls as both were fighting for position with their man all game, but of course they all got called. Reversely the Knicks couldnt catch a break against the Pitt-like clutch and grab Memphis defense and Melo was raped every time he went to the basket with no calls galore.

Can't wait for the rematch with Shump and Amare back. This was a game where their absence was finally felt.

I dunno; kind of convenient that the one time the Knicks lose it's because the refs were no good.

Knicks lost the game in the last minute or so of the second when Memphis scored like 7 in a row to close it and the first few minutes of the third quarter. They really lost their cool so you can tell at least they thought they were getting a bad whistle. It's a long season, there will be games where they are on the right side of the calls. I really try to shy away from blaming the refs because it's such an easy excuse. (To be fair, I went to bed after Memphis made it an 18 point game. I have the rest of the game on DVR but I'm just going to give it the old delete).

On a different note; I was really happy to see Sheed go down to the block. He can shoot the three and I don't have a problem with him taking some to stretch the floor but he showed some nice post moves and I'd like to see him post up some more.

I dunno; kind of convenient that the one time the Knicks lose it's because the refs were no good.

Knicks lost the game in the last minute or so of the second when Memphis scored like 7 in a row to close it and the first few minutes of the third quarter. They really lost their cool so you can tell at least they thought they were getting a bad whistle. It's a long season, there will be games where they are on the right side of the calls. I really try to shy away from blaming the refs because it's such an easy excuse. (To be fair, I went to bed after Memphis made it an 18 point game. I have the rest of the game on DVR but I'm just going to give it the old delete).

On a different note; I was really happy to see Sheed go down to the block. He can shoot the three and I don't have a problem with him taking some to stretch the floor but he showed some nice post moves and I'd like to see him post up some more.
Knicks actually cut it to single digits with about 5 min left but didnt have any gas left in the tank.

I get what you're saying about the officiating but when it becomes the focal point of the telecast and even Mike Woodson gets T'ed up, something was off.

As much as I dont feel like having Amare possibly ruin chemistry, last night proved there are teams who we still need him against. Miami goes small like us and beat down by Memphis as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom