OT - NYK | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT - NYK

As much as I dont feel like having Amare possibly ruin chemistry, last night proved there are teams who we still need him against. Miami goes small like us and beat down by Memphis as well.

There are definitely roles he can play for us; I just don't think he should step in and become a 35-40 minute per game player every night

Having a healthy Camby to go with Amare will be a big difference, a lineup of Wallace, Chandler, Felton, Melo, Shump to start, Amare, Camby, Brewer, Kidd, JR off the bench will give everyone fits and spread the minutes.

Uhhh fellas, its game 7 of an 82 game regular season, you guys are dissecting this game like its game 7 of the finals!

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Uhhh fellas, its game 7 of an 82 game regular season, you guys are dissecting this game like its game 7 of the finals!

Haha. First loss, next time the sting wont be so bad.

this is heady stuff for us Knicks fans, cut us some slack here!

Knicks actually cut it to single digits with about 5 min left but didnt have any gas left in the tank.

I get what you're saying about the officiating but when it becomes the focal point of the telecast and even Mike Woodson gets T'ed up, something was off.

As much as I dont feel like having Amare possibly ruin chemistry, last night proved there are teams who we still need him against. Miami goes small like us and beat down by Memphis as well.

Definitely agreed with this. Memphis is just an extremely imposing team physically. Not even just the big guys. Their backcourt is very physical too, with the exception of Conley, but even Conley does a nice job of making things difficult for other point guards. They've really assembled a great team.

I don't really get the Woodson getting T'd part though. Coaches get T'd up all the time. Especially when your team is getting T'd up left and right.

And I personally feel like the officiating wouldn't have been talked about much if it weren't for the fact that things started getting ugly; first with the JR Smith/Bayless thing, and then the Knicks players losing their cool.

At the end of the day, that JR Smith confrontation is what changed things and forced the referees to call a tighter game before it got out of control. The Grizzlies got more calls because they forced the refs to make calls by going to the post on every possession, and the Knicks began fouling out of frustration. The Knicks got frustrated and began settling for bad shots so they ended up getting less calls.

Edit: That's how I saw it anyways. I've seen far worse-officiated games.

The Knicks have to be careful and not get the malcontent tag. Rasheed, JR, Melo... acting very childish at times last night. Phil Jackson said in his book that there is no doubt in his mind, you have to "play the game" and make the officials like you to consistently get calls in the league. He said Rasheed Wallace and Josh Smith would have shot 150 more free throws per year if they weren't such to the officials.

Melo needs to get his bitchin' & moanin' under control. Ironically, he's becoming a similar version of Rasheed Wallace.
There have been articles written about Melo not getting calls like other superstars, but that might be due to style of play more than anything else.
Right or wrong, he needs to handle it better.

Melo needs to get his bitchin' & moanin' under control. Ironically, he's becoming a similar version of Rasheed Wallace.
There have been articles written about Melo not getting calls like other superstars, but that might be due to style of play more than anything else.
Right or wrong, he needs to handle it better.
I don't normally think of him as a malcontent. What teed him off last night was getting raked across the face and shooting a jump shot with his headband across his eyes. The ref's missed that call, then ignored him. The rest is a combination of frustration and a bit of brawl ball/physical defense.

I don't normally think of him as a malcontent. What teed him off last night was getting raked across the face and shooting a jump shot with his headband across his eyes. The ref's missed that call, then ignored him. The rest is a combination of frustration and a bit of brawl ball/physical defense.
Not saying he's wrong not to be upset, he's getting mauled down there.
But show me the last time a player was given slack because he complained.
If anything he's more likely to get shafted BECAUSE he's always crying.

Not saying he's wrong not to be upset, he's getting mauled down there.
But show me the last time a player was given slack because he complained.
If anything he's more likely to get shafted BECAUSE he's always crying.
True enough. The NBA ref's don't call on sympathy. But they do normally give a star discount, curiously unavailable to Melo. In fact, they seem to let him get banged more than most marquis
players. I agree though, protesting won't help. He has to play through it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom