Class of 2018 - OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I hope the SU administration and Wildhack will use some of the ACC TV money to give Babers a big pay raise. We cannot afford to lose another head coach/staff especially this one who has proven they can convince players that Syracuse football is on the way back to the Top 25.

Reel in a 5-star? When was the last time, or was there even one since they were invented?

Why stop at 5 stars? I bet Dino will get the first 6 star recruit! ;)

In all seriousness - recruiting is a long process and Dino needs to be consistently good at picking up solid talent. I would rather have five 4 star recruits over one 5 star recruit during the next couple of recruiting classes.

Breaking Bad Mr. White. Welcome to Syracuse.

We now have 2 4* OL recruits.
I freaking love Dino Babers.

Man, did we ever hire the right guy for this job.

WHEN he turns this program around and gets us back to the top 25, the sky is really the limit for what can be accomplished here, with that kind of offensive system. I think he's going to stay long term, and be revered by our fanbase just like Coach Mac and Ben are, when it's all said and done.

Why stop at 5 stars? I bet Dino will get the first 6 star recruit! ;)

In all seriousness - recruiting is a long process and Dino needs to be consistently good at picking up solid talent. I would rather have five 4 star recruits over one 5 star recruit during the next couple of recruiting classes.
They're not mutually exclusive. Fine, we'll take a few 4-stars too if you insist.

Funny-Celebration-With-Cat.jpg

Man, did we ever hire the right guy for this job.

WHEN he turns this program around and gets us back to the top 25, the sky is really the limit for what can be accomplished here, with that kind of offensive system. I think he's going to stay long term, and be revered by our fanbase just like Coach Mac and Ben are, when it's all said and done.
With how hard our road schedule is this year I wish we extended Dino before the year.

I don't remember EVER getting two 4-star OL in one class. We've only landed highly rated OL occasionally, here and there.

Massive haul at OL in the class of 2018, figuratively AND literally.

Great job by Babers and staff.

We haven't had a 4 star high school OL commit in the recruiting site era, let alone 2 in a class. The only OL I can even think of that was rated a 4 star was Adam Rosner after his Milford Prep year and that was a puffed up Prep school ranking at Rivals. He was not a 4 star recruit.

We haven't had a 4 star high school OL commit in the recruiting site era, let alone 2 in a class. The only OL I can even think of that was rated a 4 star was Adam Rosner after his Milford Prep year and that was a puffed up Prep school ranking at Rivals. He was not a 4 star recruit.
Andrew Tiller from JUCO?

Three star, with good offers.

Yeah he was a consensus 3 star. Probably our best "on paper" OL recruit of the Marrone/Shafer era next to maybe Denzel Ward. He was a 4 star at one point but not by the time he committed to us.

Morant was a consensus 5 star coming out of high-school. His commit was huge news.

Clifton Smith and Cecil Howard were big time recruits as well. Think Howard was a lemming AA and Smith was top 100 in some publications.

I'm thinking we might have had some in the Coach P era -- Kaloyinides [probably butchered that], and maybe that kid who tore up his knee wrestling in the locker room and never was the same afterwards? Matt something?

They might not have been 4-stars, just the highest rated ones I can remember. And neither of them made much of an impact on the field,

Clifton Smith and Cecil Howard were big time recruits as well. Think Howard was a lemming AA and Smith was top 100 in some publications.

Howard was pretty highly thought of, I can't recall Smith but that sounds about right. I believe Stenclik was actually pretty highly thought of late as he had a Miami offer and turned it down for SU. Believe injuries got the better of him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom