Class of 2018 - OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
With ED Tommy Gun And our WRs/RBs being protected by this wall we are going to put up some serious numbers

Last year, we couldn't even open up holes for the running game.

The coaching staff has addressed the OL shorcomings in droves. In another year or two, that positional unit will go from being a liability to a team strength, and the offense will really take off when we can make teams pay for selling out against the pass.

The schools downstate don't seem to have issues sending their kids to Syracuse, yet we have so many issues with Rochester.

Really positive recruiting step. Most of our opponents go two or three deep with kids like this. We need to start stacking classes and keep kids healthy. The ACC is now as good as it gets. We don't try to get Better in a vacuum.

Welcome aboard Qadir!

As to the last 5 star we landed, here's my 2 cents. The star system is relatively new (I'm 71 years old). I'm not sure if there was a star system at the time, but the premier barometer them was the Parade AA team, and Rob Konrad was first team. That should have been the equivalent of 5 stars at the time. He was given #44 and the rest is history.

Welcome aboard Qadir!

As to the last 5 star we landed, here's my 2 cents. The star system is relatively new (I'm 71 years old). I'm not sure if there was a star system at the time, but the premier barometer them was the Parade AA team, and Rob Konrad was first team. That should have been the equivalent of 5 stars at the time. He was given #44 and the rest is history.
Want to say Ian McIntosh was also a Parade AA.

Welcome aboard Qadir!

James Mungro attended East Stroudsburg South High School and was coached by Ed Christian. He was Parade and Street and Smith’s All-America grid performer. He was also Pennsylvania Player-of-the-Year as ajunior and all-state selection in his final two seasons. He rushed for 2,541 yards and 34 TDs as senior. He set the Pennsylvania state record after rushing for 8,432 yards and totaling 9,513 all-purpose yards during his career. Overall, he set 48 team records during his high school career and was three-time team MVP. He now resides in Camillus, NY with his wife Jessica.

Qadir reminds me of a young Bryant McKinney from Miami.

Basically, we had numerous 4 star and multiple 5 star recruits during the 15 year stretch from 1986 - 2001. So it's not unheard of for this program to recruit at that level and it's not unreasonable for us to return to that level now that the administration is investing in the program, we're in one of the 5 major conferences, we have a dynamic head coach/coaching staff and financially the program gets a significant boost in conference $$ every year.

It's not a coincidence that we had 2 top 10 final rankings and 4 10+ win seasons during that stretch.

Basically, we had numerous 4 star and multiple 5 star recruits during the 15 year stretch from 1986 - 2001. So it's not unheard of for this program to recruit at that level and it's not unreasonable for us to return to that level now that the administration is investing in the program, we're in one of the 5 major conferences, we have a dynamic head coach/coaching staff and financially the program gets a significant boost in conference $$ every year.

It's not a coincidence that we had 2 top 10 final rankings and 4 10+ win seasons during that stretch.

But I read that we'd never reach these levels again ;)

Want to say Ian McIntosh was also a Parade AA.
upload_2017-8-24_17-57-11.jpeg

College Choices Of Parade All-Americans

Uh oh...I just turned this thread into a truck debate. They both appear to have a lift kit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom