Class of 2016 - OT Sam Heckel (WI) SIGNED LOI | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OT Sam Heckel (WI) SIGNED LOI

Apparently it is 1/8th of the selection process, points awarded to top-3.

I agree with you. Even at 12.5% of the equation a popularity-influenced award is weak.

Agreed. That said lets see if we can get Sam at least a piece of that 12.5% of the award.

Agreed. That said lets see if we can get Sam at least a piece of that 12.5% of the award.
We've gotta move on this! 36 hours left and he's in 4th place.

http://www.todaysu.com/recruiting/cfb-recruiting/3-star-ot-sam-heckel-still-on-board-with-syracuse/

Last week, Syracuse fired head coach Scott Shafer and it’s unclear of who will be in charge of the program next year. Heckel spoke about why he committed to Syracuse originally and gave his thoughts on the coaching change.

“When I was thinking about committing there, I thought the program was headed in the right direction,” Heckel said. “They kind of had some bad news this week, their coaches getting fired and all. I didn’t really agree with that. I thought he was doing alright, but he just didn’t have the luck of the draw when it came to injury. He had to play like 18 underclassmen. It just makes me happy that when I come in, I’ll have good leaders who will lead me and our class will be really good in a couple of years. I think we have a good recruiting class coming and also the academics are great. I know football isn’t going to be my whole life and I value education highly, so I think I fit well into their program.”

With the future coaching staff still in flux, Heckel admitted that it does cause him to waver in his commitment just a bit.

“It does a little bit,” Heckel said. “Depending on who the new coaches are, but I still love the school. I love the fans and I just want to get out there on my official and really confirm it.”

Heckel says that he was planing on taking his official visit to Syracuse in early December, but that the date may change. That is his only planned official and he indicated that it should stay that way.

“I don’t think things would change, but if they so happened to then I could see myself [taking other officials],” Heckel said. “Right now it’s just going to be the Syracuse [official].”

http://www.todaysu.com/recruiting/cfb-recruiting/3-star-ot-sam-heckel-still-on-board-with-syracuse/

Last week, Syracuse fired head coach Scott Shafer and it’s unclear of who will be in charge of the program next year. Heckel spoke about why he committed to Syracuse originally and gave his thoughts on the coaching change.

“When I was thinking about committing there, I thought the program was headed in the right direction,” Heckel said. “They kind of had some bad news this week, their coaches getting fired and all. I didn’t really agree with that. I thought he was doing alright, but he just didn’t have the luck of the draw when it came to injury. He had to play like 18 underclassmen. It just makes me happy that when I come in, I’ll have good leaders who will lead me and our class will be really good in a couple of years. I think we have a good recruiting class coming and also the academics are great. I know football isn’t going to be my whole life and I value education highly, so I think I fit well into their program.”

With the future coaching staff still in flux, Heckel admitted that it does cause him to waver in his commitment just a bit.

“It does a little bit,” Heckel said. “Depending on who the new coaches are, but I still love the school. I love the fans and I just want to get out there on my official and really confirm it.”

Heckel says that he was planing on taking his official visit to Syracuse in early December, but that the date may change. That is his only planned official and he indicated that it should stay that way.

“I don’t think things would change, but if they so happened to then I could see myself [taking other officials],” Heckel said. “Right now it’s just going to be the Syracuse [official].”
Big statement, he was honestly one of 2 or 3 recruits I was most concerned with.

This kid has all the potential to be a very good one at the Cuse and he will get his chance if he makes it to campus. I like the young OL talent on the team and the key is getting someone who can coach them up.

This kid has all the potential to be a very good one at the Cuse and he will get his chance if he makes it to campus. I like the young OL talent on the team and the key is getting someone who can coach them up.
Well the Minnesota O-LINE coach became available this week. He was with Jerry Kill since '99 wherever they went.

If Ash is the man I am sure he knows him.

Reopened his recruitment correct? Says he is staying committed but needs to look out for his future by taking other officials and listening to other schools. I would have to think if Babers is announced this weekend he might just close that down? Hoping...want this kid.

Reopened his recruitment correct? Says he is staying committed but needs to look out for his future by taking other officials and listening to other schools. I would have to think if Babers is announced this weekend he might just close that down? Hoping...want this kid.
Heckel has a Bowling Green offer too. So im sure he has a relationship with them already. He must fit their system or they wouldnt have recruited him.

Heckel has a Bowling Green offer too. So im sure he has a relationship with them already. He must fit their system or they wouldnt have recruited him.
Will Harper looks to have one from BG as well.

Yeah hoping a Babers announcement this weekend followed by an immediate reaching out to all of our commits will end any of this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom