OT: Speaking of Iconic Nightspots, word is the Inn Between | Syracusefan.com

OT: Speaking of Iconic Nightspots, word is the Inn Between

GoSU96

Living Legend
in Geneseo is closing its doors at the end of this semester.

My Geneseo alum siblings were more disappointed that the toilet was taken out of the window at Kelly's.

My younger brothers attended Geneseo. I went up there and visited them a handful of times their last 3 yrs. I only knew it as the IB, but man...that place was awesome. One of my favorite college bars and I didn't even attend Geneseo.

I was on campus when the Rathskellar (a bar) was in the basement of Letchworth Dining Hall. I was in Genesee Hall right next door. Talk about conveinence! ;) Unfortunately they closed it around '82 when the drinking age was raised. The Inn Between was always crowded. I usually hung out at the Idle Hour. Did spend many an afternoon haveing a Vital Burger at the Vital Spot with a pitcher of beer. Good times.

I lived in Ontario my first 2 years so I frequented the "Rat" quite often, nothing like drinking with meal coupons!

I was on campus when the Rathskellar (a bar) was in the basement of Letchworth Dining Hall. I was in Genesee Hall right next door. Talk about conveinence! ;) Unfortunately they closed it around '82 when the drinking age was raised. The Inn Between was always crowded. I usually hung out at the Idle Hour. Did spend many an afternoon haveing a Vital Burger at the Vital Spot with a pitcher of beer. Good times.

The Rat was the best, Subs and Suds on the meal card. Genny night.

We probably were in the Vital at the same time blowing off classes and downing pitchers of Strohs.

Watched a bunch of SU games at the Vital over the years.

Two of my six years in college were spent at Alfred St. and during that time my roommate and I would go to Geneseo at least twice a month to head to IB. Most times we didn't really have a plan and if we didn't find a hook up we would have to sleep in the car. I think we only had to sleep in the car once.

:cool:

I was in the Vital spot the day Joe closed the sale. The sale price did not include inventory. Everyrhing was in the house until it was gone. Geneseo was great for a single guy. Sometimes, you could meet a new girl at happy hour, and another new one at closing time. ;-)

Uncle Waldo's, Gentleman Jim's (GJ's), Fat Augies, The Hub...miss those places and of course the best subs known to man at Aunt Cookies!

Uncle Waldo's, Gentleman Jim's (GJ's), Fat Augies, The Hub...miss those places and of course the best subs known to man at Aunt Cookies!

Wasn't a big fan of Augies.

Waldo's and GJ's were great.

Hub Friday happy hour.

Unreal that a school that size would support that many places, and Waldo's, GJ's, and the IB weren't small places.

There is a GJ's in Alfred too. Same owner?

And the 'Suicidal Burrito' from Taco Juntion after a night of drinking. :)

Ithaca used to be a great drinking town when I was in school there. Now the Dugout is gone (Dimies anyone?) and the pub in the student union is now a coffee house. Quite depressing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom