OT- Theoretical corruption | Syracusefan.com

OT- Theoretical corruption

normaliswear

All Conference
Sadly niether I, nor anyone I know, would be in a financial position to test this. But hypothetically, could some billionaire, not a booster, not an alum, just a fan, get away with say, hiring any newly departed SU (or any school) player in good standing for some absurd amount to do car dealership commercial or the like. IE. Scoop and Kjo get $20 mill, Dion get $10, and one and done gets $5 etc. He never communicates with recruits, never interacts with the program, its all players in good academic standing so its not pay for on court performance. Just after a few years it becomes obvious that a REALLY good marketing job is always available after leaving that school. Sorry was just discussing end-arounds with a friend in the NN wake and ended up here lol.

I know I would pay some amount of money ($20-$100/year?) for my "membership" in the "Syracuse Basketball Alumni Club"...whose's only function would be to set up an "event" each year "honoring" the SU Bball team from 5 years ago. Each player from that team (that left in good standing...sorry Fab) would be given a cut of the money collected for their time in showing up at this event (and maybe even signing some autographs and such). Those players lucky enough to have already made over a certain amount by playing in the NBA could elect to have their amount redistributed amoungst his teammates if he wishes.

Didn't Kansas up until recently do this publicly when the students graduated at the players going away dinner when they were leaving the program? Not sure if every school does it, or did it.

This definitely happened when Cal was at Memphis. Memphis is the hub for FedEx, and hundreds and hundreds of Memphis alums work there. BBall players would get jobs for some amount (not gonna make up a wage here), to basically sit in a room and pretend they're working.

Sadly niether I, nor anyone I know, would be in a financial position to test this. But hypothetically, could some billionaire, not a booster, not an alum, just a fan, get away with say, hiring any newly departed SU (or any school) player in good standing for some absurd amount to do car dealership commercial or the like. IE. Scoop and Kjo get $20 mill, Dion get $10, and one and done gets $5 etc. He never communicates with recruits, never interacts with the program, its all players in good academic standing so its not pay for on court performance. Just after a few years it becomes obvious that a REALLY good marketing job is always available after leaving that school. Sorry was just discussing end-arounds with a friend in the NN wake and ended up here lol.
BTW if I were a billionaire, this is what I would do

World Wide Wes beat you to this idea, I think!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom