OT: UConn to the ACC | Syracusefan.com

OT: UConn to the ACC

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Practicing my "click bait skills" ;)

makes sense according to this Wake Forest opinion article writer:

Conference Expansion: Analyzing Which Schools Could End Up Joining the ACC?

LOL in the comments of an Appy State fan thinking they should be in the ACC...like we need more NC schools?

If the ACC goes to 16 this makes some sense...adding Texas only makes sense if the ACC grows to 20 and 4 pods of 5 teams is approved.

Last edited:
b84d01f52ded41f49df38c5d825b29d6_-facepalm-meme-oy-vey-oy-meme_500-324.jpeg

LOL in the comments of an Appy State fan thinking they should be in the ACC...like we need more NC schools?

If the ACC goes to 16 this makes some sense...adding Texas only makes sense if the ACC grows to 20 and 4 pods of 5 teams is approved.

I will believe it when Oklahoma goes to the Big 10.

USF and Cincy have exceeded uconns value.

Reactions: FAL
Why in the world would we want UCONN in the ACC...there is not added value whatsoever. We don't pick up a market, we don't gain a recruiting advantage for the conference, we gain absolutely nothing by adding them. No historical value in Football, no rivalry value in Football at all with anyone, and we just add another Northeast mouth to feed in what already is a saturated area from a recruiting perspective with BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Penn State, WV, Maryland and Rutgers all in P5 conferences.

I guess you could make an argument if by adding them, you carried NYC television sets but in general people in NYC couldn't give a crap about UCONN Football.

Dumb with a capital D.

A significant Texas school makes a ton of sense because it checks all the boxes - new market, access to fertile recruiting grounds, television viewer interest in the state, historical value, etc.

I understand the appeal of Texas...but we saw how a geographic outlier worked in the Big East (Miami). My point is if the ACC adds Tejas...they better bring in 3-4 friends to make a pod. I'd love to see: Texas, TCU, OU, OSU and KU. Baylor, Houston or TTech as backups.

The problem with Bevo is that they still haven't learned how to play nice with others and share their toys. If the Big XII ever imploded, I'd be quite willing to offer them the same deal we gave ND. One of our board's gurus says the ACC did, in fact, make the offer to them before we made it to ND, but Bevo politely declined.

The problem with Bevo is that they still haven't learned how to play nice with others and share their toys. If the Big XII ever imploded, I'd be quite willing to offer them the same deal we gave ND. One of our board's gurus says the ACC did, in fact, make the offer to them before we made it to ND, but Bevo politely declined.

Intersting, what I hear in TX, is that if OU buggers off to the Big whatever, Bevo is a lock for Pac 12.

Intersting, what I hear in TX, is that if OU buggers off to the Big whatever, Bevo is a lock for Pac 12.
Supposedly their administration is really concerned about having their non-football athletes deal with the 2-hour time difference.

If the ACC had to expand West I would hope it would be Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas coming together. That gives the ACC 18 and no need for UConn. Even if the ACC went to 20 there is WV and Cincy that I would place ahead of UConn. Same thing if the ACC went to 16 without the 3 Western schools. Also I would rather see a Navy/Nova hybrid (assuming ND came for FB) over UConn. The choice for expansion will likely be made by ND, FSU, Clemson. There is zero reason for them to want UConn.

UConnvicts bring men's and women's basketball and ... what else? I thought one factor in being a good fit was whether the school could bring some athletic excellence in more than one or two sports. Or did I just assume that b/c we're Syracuse?