OT: UConn to the ACC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: UConn to the ACC

The Jesuits and their fans like Townie are the liberals

I do know some of them. Although they are dying out faster than they are replaced.

Other than the famous Berrigan brothers, none I know are particularly "Liberal". They are different from the average Diocesan parish priest, but their differences are more in the realm of Catholic theology and teaching. They are less dogmatic and less focused on "sin" and "sinners".

Holy Trinity in Georgetown is one of the few Jesuit parishes. The homily at Sunday afternoon Mass is more like a college class than a garden variety homily. At one Mass the Jesuit priest said that we spend too much time being Catholic and not enough time being Christian. I almost fell out of the pew.

If they have a weakness it's intellectual snobbery and a penchant for very good whiskey and good food.

I do know some of them. Although they are dying out faster than they are replaced.

Other than the famous Berrigan brothers, none I know are particularly "Liberal". They are different from the average Diocesan parish priest, but their differences are more in the realm of Catholic theology and teaching. They are less dogmatic and less focused on "sin" and "sinners".

Holy Trinity in Georgetown is one of the few Jesuit parishes. The homily at Sunday afternoon Mass is more like a college class than a garden variety homily. At one Mass the Jesuit priest said that we spend too much time being Catholic and not enough time being Christian. I almost fell out of the pew.

If they have a weakness it's intellectual snobbery and a penchant for very good whiskey and good food.

Same school that took the Crucifix out of their classrooms as to not offend non Catholics. All priests like a good meal and some grape...

You need to cross the river to get some old time Catholic religion.

Same school that took the Crucifix out of their classrooms as to not offend non Catholics. All priests like a good meal and some grape...

You need to cross the river to get some old time Catholic religion.

They did try to take the crucifixes down at GU until the alumni made them reconsider. But that's just one Jesuit college and it's an outlier among them. You wouldn't find this at BC or HC.

Holy Trinity, the Jesuit parish, is a separate entity. It's not connected to the University.

I'm very familiar with the old time religion. I'll stick with the Jesuits.

But I get the concept. I have a friend who has found a church that offers a Latin Mass in his search for the old time religion.

Dominus Vobiscum

They did try to take the crucifixes down at GU until the alumni made them reconsider. But that's just one Jesuit college and it's an outlier among them. You wouldn't find this at BC or HC.
{snip}
Dominus Vobiscum
Et cum spiritu tuo.

What's really funny to me is to read the ND political board (aka, "The Herd of Elephants) and see all the posts that basically say, "What's all this 'social justice' stuff the Pope is talking about?" You would never see that on a board for a Jesuit school. They may disagree about how to achieve it, but they would all know what it is.