OT: UConn to the ACC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: UConn to the ACC

Country roads...

Take me home...

To a place...

Where I don't have to hear about UConn to the ACC ever again...

Connecticut..of no value..please stay home.

You're a toad...

Pros/Cons of UConn to the ACC (From a Cuse Perspective)
All this is assumes ND is all in.

Pros
  • Drivable games (3.5hrs)
  • Arch-Rival in several sports
  • Chance to align ACC to a more favorable alignment
  • Expected to be our biotch in FB
  • Hoops games will get prime slots
  • Helps with making NYC an ACC town over the B1G
  • Another school pushing for ACC BB Tourney in NYC
  • State Flagship

Cons

• Insufferable fan base
  • Will compete on a more equal footing for recruits.
  • ACC will get larger
  • Would it cause a breakup of the league?
  • Share the Northeast Limelight
  • FB team has no cachet
  • State Flagship vs Private
  • So-So traveling Fan Base to away games

Pros
  • State Flagship

Cons

• Insufferable fan base
  • ACC will get larger
  • Would it cause a breakup of the league
  • FB team has no cachet
It will piss off Clemson and Florida State should be number one.
The ACC football brand has been moving in the right direction and those 2 don't want another Northeast game on their schedules.

If Notre Dame would become a full member let ND pick the 16th team.

It will piss off Clemson and Florida State should be number one.
The ACC football brand has been moving in the right direction and those 2 don't want another Northeast game on their schedules.

If Notre Dame would become a full member let ND pick the 16th team.
The one I always thought would work is a hybrid membership for Navy in football and Georgetown (mentioned most during the Realignment Mania Days) or 'Nova (that someone just mentioned) in everything else. ND wouldn't have a problem with having Navy and either of the other two would bring good non-football sports (with 'Nova's running hotter than G'town's right now).

Nashville a fun city. Geographic fit. Academic fit. Make the division's Public/ Private.

They don't really bring a lot to the table in either sport, I mean if you are getting Notre Dame full time, I guess it doesn't really matter who is the other team to join, but Vandy isn't really doing anything for me.

They don't really bring a lot to the table in either sport, I mean if you are getting Notre Dame full time, I guess it doesn't really matter who is the other team to join, but Vandy isn't really doing anything for me.
That is under the assumption ND in for all sports. It's just never gonna happen but that's what I'd prefer.

UConn moar like Uconn't be serious with this conference realignment fanfic BS amirite.

Pros
  • Another school pushing for ACC BB Tourney in NYC
  • State Flagship

Cons

• Insufferable fan base
  • ACC will get larger
  • Would it cause a breakup of the league?
  • FB team has no cachet
  • So-So traveling Fan Base to away games

If they want to join, tell them they have to add Men's LAX.

The one I always thought would work is a hybrid membership for Navy in football and Georgetown (mentioned most during the Realignment Mania Days) or 'Nova (that someone just mentioned) in everything else. ND wouldn't have a problem with having Navy and either of the other two would bring good non-football sports (with 'Nova's running hotter than G'town's right now).
Great idea.
In fact bring in Nova and G-town for hoops.
Create a stronger football conference and basketball super conference in which every team would pound G-town into oblivion.
I looooooaaaaathe G-town!

UConn can't even help the ACC with an AQ lacrosse tournament bid... worthless.

I am not a fan of the hybrid and it woudl only make sense if it was needed for ND football. If the choices are Nova or Georgetown, it makes more sense IMO to take Nova. The ACC already has a presence in DC, and not much in Philly.

They are a real sensitive crew over at the boneyard about the aac

Uconns football stadium is a dump. They dont have the football history or infrastructure. I rather add wvu

The $ discrepancy is really going to start impacting things soon. I hope if uconn does go p5, its not for at least another 10 years.
I think it already is. 10 years?? More like 100 yrs.

Uconns football stadium is a dump. They dont have the football history or infrastructure. I rather add wvu

Academics will always haunt WVU. In the Forbes rankings of academics, they are dead last in the B12. The one silver lining for them is that they do rank higher than L'ville, but I'm not sure if the ACC really wants to add another school that is sub 400 in overall academic ranking. L'ville is at 503, the next worst is Pitt at 212. WVU is 421.

Academics will always haunt WVU. In the Forbes rankings of academics, they are dead last in the B12. The one silver lining for them is that they do rank higher than L'ville, but I'm not sure if the ACC really wants to add another school that is sub 400 in overall academic ranking. L'ville is at 503, the next worst is Pitt at 212. WVU is 421.

Just curious, ppl mention this, but why does it matter in the big picture of things? Is there a tangible impact like somehow being in same sports conference w a particular school lowers your own rating?

You are the lone soldier over there...I left 2 or so years ago
I chuckled when a poster thought they had better facilities than most of the P5 and their Football Program was better or equal to the bottom half of the ACC.