OT: vaccine | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

OT: vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else find this totally amazing how it went from 65 to 60 to 50 very slowly and then, Bang. Everyone can go line up.
This is what happens when you have more vacccine available than people willing to get injected. I knew in Onondaga County, there have been cases where drug stores have been throwing vaccine doses out even though they had people who wanted to use them.

This was done as per instructions from the state that people had to meet eligibility guidelines in order to get the vaccine. No exceptions.

The drug stores got burned early by making appointment slots available to the public for sign up before they actually had the vaccine in hand, based on promised deliveries from NYS. When the vaccine did not show up as promised, they had a lot of really angry customers. So they stopped making the appointments available until they had the vaccine on site.

The Pfizer/Moderna vaccines have a relatively short shelf life once transferred to normal freezers that drug stores have. Waiting until the last second to post appointment slots meant some slots were not used and some of the vaccine got close to expiration. The drug stores asked if they could open eligiblity to avoid throwing away vaccine doses and the state said this was forbidden.

Ryan McMahon was asked about this and said he thought this was wrong and that he would fight the state as hard and as far as possible to ensure no vaccine doses were thrown away.

The state was forced to open things up to avoid another series of embarrassments.

Got my Pfizer shot in the city (I live in the city) last week. On the books for #2 at the end of April.

Went to a Walgreens. Easy peasy.

Good luck to all those still to get a shot.

<Insert: bars should offer a shot and a shot to get people vaxxed, Jameson & Pfizer for $5!>

My wife got her first Pfizer two weeks a go. It was before she was eligible but there were doses left over at a vaccination site near out house. A friend gave her a call and told her to hustle over to where they were doing it, if she wanted one. It doesn't make sense to hold it back, if people aren't signing up. The sooner more people get it, the better.

They opened it up to 16 to 64 in NC last week, but with the caveat of certain pre-existing conditions or you are or have ever been a smoker.

My wife got her first Pfizer two weeks a go. It was before she was eligible but there were doses left over at a vaccination site near out house. A friend gave her a call and told her to hustle over to where they were doing it, if she wanted one. It doesn't make sense to hold it back, if people aren't signing up. The sooner more people get it, the better.
You realize people have been fired for doing stuff like that? Yes, it is ridiculous someone would get fired over trying to utilize a vaccine before it expires.

You realize people have been fired for doing stuff like that? Yes, it is ridiculous someone would get fired over trying to utilize a vaccine before it expires.
Got mine at the good ole VA Saturday. It was towards the end of the day and the had a dozen doses left that the offered them to vet/non vet that could be there in a half hr or less.

They have 1000s of JnJ vaccines at the state fairgrounds...gotta move the product. The last 60% will be the hardest to get vaccinated.
Direction is take whatever you get, but knowing J&J was given at the NYS Fairgrounds in early March I waited to see more appt's open for J&J.
Then read that J&J was being used for outreach to shut-ins/etc, so got 1st Pfizer on 3/21.
As noted elsewhere, the NYS Fairgrounds is a very well run site.

Just booked my appointment for next week. Finally!

This makes me irrationally happy.
20210329_174805.jpg

Isn't that everyone in NC, as required by law?
I laughed about the are or have ever been a smoker caveat. Probably most people of my generation smoked at one time or another...and I'm talking cigarettes. ;)

Isn't that everyone in NC, as required by law?
Seven years ago right before I quit smoking, I stopped at a convenience store in North Carolina to buy a pack. When the clerk said what I owed, I started laughing and asked her to tell me what the real price was.That was the real price.

I believe It depends on the state.

Not to brag,,, but the nurse giving my first dose of Pfizer today said she had to grab the bigger needle because my arm was too big. (yes I do lift weights) (no it’s not a big deal)

The drive-thru at Griffis in Rome was really easy if anyone lives around here. Took about 25 minutes.

Not to brag,,, but the nurse giving my first dose of Pfizer today said she had to grab the bigger needle because my arm was too big. (yes I do lift weights) (no it’s not a big deal)

The drive-thru at Griffis in Rome was really easy if anyone lives around here. Took about 25 minutes.

I thought they used the bigger needles to go in deeper cause it was hard finding the muscle.

I got my 2nd dose yesterday and it absolutely wrecked me. I hope the rest of you win the coin flip cuz this is not fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom