OT: vaccine | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

OT: vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel naked without a mask on.

Now I'll have to shave regularly.
In Vermont, it's legal to be fully naked in public, so, you could quite literally be naked while wearing a mask.
There is a caveat to the law, you cannot disrobe in public. You have to leave your house naked.

I'm hearing quite a bit on the American news that many companies and universities are requiring employees and students to be vaccinated or they lose their job or enrollment. Wonder if that is really true? What is the policy at Syracuse University?

Nothing like this has emerged here in Canada, YET.

I'm hearing quite a bit on the American news that many companies and universities are requiring employees and students to be vaccinated or they lose their job or enrollment. Wonder if that is really true? What is the policy at Syracuse University?

As of today, Tuesday, June 1, all faculty, staff and students accessing campus are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or, alternatively, should have filed a medical or religious exemption with the University.

students and faculty are required to be vaccinated if doing on campus

UVM has stated that all students must be vaccinated as soon as the vaccines get final FDA approval. They expect that to mean for the fall semester. Don’t know about employees.

Common in the education setting. I would imagine that once the covid-19 vaccine exits EUA then it will be added to the list of required vaccinations to attend the various public schools.
Private institutions and places of employment could also follow suite.

Many schools are requiring vaccinations for staff and students to be on campus and attend classes. Some remote courses are offered. I have NOT heard of any company requiring vaccination as a condition of employment. I would expect that companies might be afraid that it might be unconstitutional. (I know of no other vaccination requirements for jobs) Most sports venues allow unvaccinated fans to attend but with seating in specific areas for social distancing. Erie county that owns Bills stadium had announced that only vaccinated fans would be allowed in next season. They got some pushback on that. That was a couple of months ago, so I don't know if that has changed. I expect that it will be.

According to this article, a federal judge in Texas recently upheld a Houston hospital’s mandate that all employees get the COVID vaccine or else be terminated. The judge noted that the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission had indicated that employers could impose such mandates, except that they have to relax the mandate if necessary to accommodate employees’ disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs.

Many schools are requiring vaccinations for staff and students to be on campus and attend classes. Some remote courses are offered. I have NOT heard of any company requiring vaccination as a condition of employment. I would expect that companies might be afraid that it might be unconstitutional. (I know of no other vaccination requirements for jobs) Most sports venues allow unvaccinated fans to attend but with seating in specific areas for social distancing. Erie county that owns Bills stadium had announced that only vaccinated fans would be allowed in next season. They got some pushback on that. That was a couple of months ago, so I don't know if that has changed. I expect that it will be.
places will keep enough unvaxed sections to allow both but it will probably be the worst most cheap sections since places have 12-15 months of revenue to make up for, since not everyone got govt hand outs

places will keep enough unvaxed sections to allow both but it will probably be the worst most cheap sections since places have 12-15 months of revenue to make up for, since not everyone got govt hand outs
So sports teams feel its alright to increase their prices 50 to 100% to make up for lost revenue. As a friend of mine told the front office of the Rochester AAA team, that is NOT a good way welcome back loyal fans. Yes offer seating to the unvaccinated in the "cheap" seats that are thinly populated for social distancing to accommodate more fans in the higer price seat who don't have to distance but then don't rake them over the coals with higher prices. My friend who has had season tickets for 40 won't be going to games because of the ridiculous pricing.

According to this article, a federal judge in Texas recently upheld a Houston hospital’s mandate that all employees get the COVID vaccine or else be terminated. The judge noted that the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission had indicated that employers could impose such mandates, except that they have to relax the mandate if necessary to accommodate employees’ disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs.
I can understand such restrictions for medical facilities where the patients may either have covid or have compromised immunity which would place them in danger. But haven't heard of companies being able to do so.

So sports teams feel its alright to increase their prices 50 to 100% to make up for lost revenue. As a friend of mine told the front office of the Rochester AAA team, that is NOT a good way welcome back loyal fans. Yes offer seating to the unvaccinated in the "cheap" seats that are thinly populated for social distancing to accommodate more fans in the higer price seat who don't have to distance but then don't rake them over the coals with higher prices. My friend who has had season tickets for 40 won't be going to games because of the ridiculous pricing.
its not increasing prices if they are the same price as before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors