OT: vaccine | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

OT: vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hearing quite a bit on the American news that many companies and universities are requiring employees and students to be vaccinated or they lose their job or enrollment. Wonder if that is really true? What is the policy at Syracuse University?

Nothing like this has emerged here in Canada, YET.
All students and staff at Syracuse University were required to be vaccinated by June 1st. Exceptions are permitted for medical or religious reasons.

I think this is a common requirement for colleges in the Northeast. Not sure this is the case with other regions in the country,

Companies in the US can require their employees to get vaccinated. That said, I live in CNY and my company does not require vaccination. Further, I am not aware of any company currently requiring it here. Unless you count SU for their staff.

All students and staff at Syracuse University were required to be vaccinated by June 1st. Exceptions are permitted for medical or religious reasons.

I think this is a common requirement for colleges in the Northeast. Not sure this is the case with other regions in the country,

Companies in the US can require their employees to get vaccinated. That said, I live in CNY and my company does not require vaccination. Further, I am not aware of any company currently requiring it here. Unless you count SU for their staff.

I don’t know about other schools in the Midwest but I do know Indiana University, which is 3x the size of SU, also requires all students and staff be vaccinated for the fall semester.

I don’t know about other schools in the Midwest but I do know Indiana University, which is 3x the size of SU, also requires all students and staff be vaccinated for the fall semester.
Here is a link to UniversityBusiness.com's updated list of U.S. colleges and universities requiring COVID-19 vaccinations in some form for the 2021-22 academic year. It looks like there is a large number in the Northeast and West Coast, but only a handful in other states. The web site includes more details.

Johns Hopkins where I am doing graduate studies work, just emailed us letting us know its mandates for students, staff, faculty to be on campus. So not technically northwest but I think this will be more common than not.

Here is a link to UniversityBusiness.com's updated list of U.S. colleges and universities requiring COVID-19 vaccinations in some form for the 2021-22 academic year. It looks like there is a large number in the Northeast and West Coast, but only a handful in other states. The web site includes more details.
Great link.

So in the ACC, we have BC, Syracuse, UVa, VT, Wake and Duke,

No Clemson. No Louisville. No NC State. No FSU. No surprises there.

Surprised Miami is not on the list. Same with GT, UNC and especially Pitt.

I wonder if any of the rest will switch later in the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom